[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Best Live Band Ever

frenzal rhomb

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pearl Jam is great . . seen them multiple times and I need to se when they play Alpine Valley again . . . I think it is this August. :wacko:

Tom Petty with ZZ Top was a great show.

I saw the Beastie Boys at Lollapalooza back in the day . . . the do a great show too . . .

Even though it is the 21st anniversary of PJ, they are calling the concert PJ20 and the dates are Sept 3rd & 4th. Info on the show Such a ridiculos lineup!

Been in the fan club since 1994, and they give out priority seats to their fanclub, so I have been real close most of the 50+ times I have seen them. Each time, even seeing up to 7 shows in a row, the show has never been predictable, and boring.

:wacko: Hmmm, tough question. Have seen and worked at well over 150 concerts in my time. Best show each and everytime I saw them(6) was Jethro Tull. Every concert was a show onto itself for the Album they were pimping. Stage setup reflected it, War Child, Passion Play etc. Ian Anderson and the original lineup could not give you more bang for your buck if they tried.

J.Giels Band was always great and had the whole place dancing. Saw them 5 times. Great each time. Bruce during the Born to Run era rocked for hours! Allman Bros were the best jam band I've ever seen and this includes The Dead(3 times), Hot Tuna or Phish.

Last 15-20 years though it has been Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Audioslave and Metallica. Mind boggling shows. Though I hate to admit it, 3 years ago I went to see(at my womans request) Nickleback, Theory of a Deadman, 3 Days Grace and Breaking Benjamin. All were excellant, but Nickleback had their sheet together and blew the other three away, and all three were very, very good.

BTW only two weeks until I see Soundgarden, Queens of the Stoneage, Mastadon and Mudhoney! Can't friggin wait!

Can't believe I forgot Bruce Hornsby. Saw once with a band (ie the way you'd expect), once solo playing only piano, and once with a small band with guest Ricky Scaggs doing a kinda bluegrass thing. Incredible each time.

Can't believe I forgot Bruce Hornsby. Saw once with a band (ie the way you'd expect), once solo playing only piano, and once with a small band with guest Ricky Scaggs doing a kinda bluegrass thing. Incredible each time.

I also saw Bruce Hornsby with Bonnie Raitt.

Good call!!

Pink Floyd. Songs + Sound + Lights + Visuals + Musicianship = greatest live rock show ever and I've seen well over 300 shows in my lifetime. Seen them play 6 times and each one was an experience. You actually leave the stadium stunned.

First time I saw Primus live, it was jawdropping. Les playing a 5 string fretless WHILE singing WHILE dancing around like a jellyfish. Ler LaLond playing the guitar solos from the album note for note (we assumed he was just noodling until this point. . .WRONG), and Herb doing his thing. . .amazing stuff.

Other live shows that impressed the hell out of me:

Helmet on the Meantime tour

Radiohead at the All Points West Fest

Pantera at Lamour in Brooklyn back in the 90s

Faith No More on the Real Thing tour

Now having said all that, I'll agree with many others in this thread: Fishbone in their prime was the best.

I remember going to a Cinco de Mayo concert at the Greek Theater in Berkeley where Santana was the headline. I didn't know any of the other bands but soon found out they were basically all amazing (Poncho Sanchez being the one that I made a point of following to this day). At any rate, I recall thinking, before Santana came on that I could easily go home and think I'd been to about as good a concert as I had ever been to.

Then Santana came on, and by the end I practically forgot about every other band. Insane amounts of energy, tight as cuff, and, of course, Santana himself was smoking.

Bruce Springsteen and the E street band.

Always a great concert.

Saw the Scorpions 3 times in the 80's and they always put on a real good show.

worst concert I ever saw was Van Halen at the US festival in 82 or 83.

Absolutely horrible

Iron Maiden - c'mon guys, best stage show evah

DMB w/Tim Reynolds - good time w/little lady. I think they lose a lot of energy w/o Tim

AIC - maybe nostalgic since they came and went so fast

Grateful Dead - for the experience