[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early observations

Brent

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i definitely saw something different than you. i saw him get hit and release the ball after the wr was tackled. it looked like it was intended for the other wr. that ball was a duck and would have been picked regardless. it was also clearly PI. I like tebow and want to see him do well. we'll see how the guy develops

THIS...

Hoyer looked good, but Mallett looked just like a 5 year vet running that O. The kid may end up being the QB to have from this draft class.

Some cat on ESPN said Hoyer could be the "next Kevin Kolb". And yeah Mallett looked pretty darn good.

To my way of viewing the Denver game Tebow looked bad. His long completion was off time, short, and behind the reciever who made a nice adjustment. His pick that was nullified by P.I. was late, and way off. If the reciever who was interfered with, and I note he ran into the D.B. and pulled the D.B. down into him, if he was the intended target Tebow made a bad decision because he was then throwing on a broken route where two recievers where bringing multiple D.B.'s to the ball. I thought the reciever who was interfered with was clearing that area and the pass was to the other reciever but way off. Yes it was off because Tebow was being hit, but his lack of awareness to get the ball out earlier or to take the sack was, in my mind, a bad decision. Still, his numbers were good. What might have happened is less important than what did happen.

I thought Brady Quinn looked pretty good. His first end zone shot on the final scoring drive was a little risky though. That might have resulted in a pick six, and I think that was a more likely result than a positive play. He should have stepped up a few steps, saw if he could bring the defense to him a touch, and allowed his reciever to curl around to the back of the end zone, and if that was not there just tossed it into the stands and lived to play another play.

I do think the Broncos have some positive take-aways from the game on which to build. The defense was making some plays. The running game had some life, and the Q.B. play could have been worse for a game played after so few practices. Already it is apparent to me thant Fox has more control of this team that Josh ever did.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

Russell Okung is doing pretty well...at getting hurt... lol and the injuries begin... its not football without Seattle getting hurt. At least we have a little depth now.

Tavaris Jackson looked bad. Fundamentally bad. He did not look like he did in a game I saw last year in Minn. O well once we get through the 0-5 start Whitehurst will come riding in and save the day.

Stay away from Seattles WR core... Try to grab a waiver if one pops up later in the year but I am not going to draft any of them.

Russell Okung is doing pretty well...at getting hurt... lol and the injuries begin... its not football without Seattle getting hurt. At least we have a little depth now.

Tavaris Jackson looked bad. Fundamentally bad. He did not look like he did in a game I saw last year in Minn. O well once we get through the 0-5 start Whitehurst will come riding in and save the day.

Stay away from Seattles WR core... Try to grab a waiver if one pops up later in the year but I am not going to draft any of them.

Maybe they would like Tebow, or Orton.

Some cat on ESPN said Hoyer could be the "next Kevin Kolb". And yeah Mallett looked pretty darn good.

Hoyer was a decent QB at Michigan State, but I never saw NFL starter material in him there. Maybe he's being coached up some. I didn't see the Pats tonight, so I have no opinion on how he looked, but with time in the system and coaching, he could be serviceable.

I did catch part of the Ravens and Eagles, and Vick looked pretty good. Hit Celek for a TD after the refs ruled Avant out of bounds on a potential TD snag. It was a fantastic catch by Avant and would have been amazing had he gotten control while in bounds. The Raven passing game didn't seem to do much with Flacco and Co. in there, but Rice had a few nice looking runs. It was also nice to see Sergio Kindle out there after his long road of recovery.

The Chargers first team defense and offense looked good, the rest of the team not so much.

From my understanding, the peeps that secured tickets also got first rights to the Packer game. could explain the sellout cause those tickets are not doe sale.

Hoyer ran the firs team offense (such as it was) pretty well for the Pats. He seemed to only have eyes for Hernandez though, who did have a couple drops before settling in some.

Taylor Price's TD catch was lovely but I think it wouldn't have passed the review test for having control of the ball in the regular season.

Stevan Ridley was very impressive. Naturally, I drafted Vereen, who's out with a hammy.

What in the name of all that is holy is up with having to review EVERY TD play? It saves teams challenges and WAY slows down a game. Ridiculous.

With a healthy Dumervil and the second pick in the draft, I think you are uniformed and worrying unnecessarily.

This is true. Dumerville should help the Dallas DL by osmosis

Wat?

No, he is correct, or at least partially so. When the Broncos got Dummervil back and also were able to draft Von Miller the team sent out uniforms to every person in the stadium taxing district. For instance I got a U.S. Marine Dress uniform which was very nice. You, living beyond the boundaries of the stadium taxing district did not recieve one and may have missed the news. I'm pretty sure the giveaway was overshadowed in the news cycle by a Kardashian sister boning someone new, or a campaign appearance by Palin or Bachman. I can no longer remember which it was.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

No, he is correct, or at least partially so. When the Broncos got Dummervil back and also were able to draft Von Miller the team sent out uniforms to every person in the stadium taxing district. For instance I got a U.S. Marine Dress uniform which was very nice. You, living beyond the boundaries of the stadium taxing district did not recieve one and may have missed the news. I'm pretty sure the giveaway was overshadowed in the news cycle by a Kardashian sister boning someone new, or a campaign appearance by Palin or Bachman. I can no longer remember which it was.

Dammit! You'd think I'd get at least a tam and a kilt or something...

:wacko:

BTW, it sounds like it will no longer be Invesco Field (thank god)/ Sports Authority @ Mile High looks to be the new name of Mile High Stadium...

My take on Tebow, he got lucky. It didn't look horrific, but he sure did look indecisive most the the time. The one thing I saw though is WOW.... That kid has some power legs. He was rolling 300+ pound limen off his back and shrugging off LB's like they were 150 lbs safeties. I have to give him credit for his strength. Hell, if he doesn't make it as a QB, they need to surely invest some time as a TE.

Orton, well, irritated the hell out of me in the red zone again. I think his biggest problem is his inability to disguises what he's doing. They read him like a freaking book. He also doesn't utilize his check downs in the red zone at all. He has some HUGE TE's now, he really needs to utilize them.

If I were a gambling man, right now, I'd put some money on McGahee as fantasy relevant. I think he's in for a monster year this year..

Denvers D looks ALLOT more cohesive then it has over the last 3 years. They still have wholes to work on, but I think they are slated for a good year this year. Domerville, I think might have been a mistake moving him back to DE. He was explosive from the outside. Imagine Miller on the SAM and Dumervil in the MIKE with Ayers at DE

Decker looked hot.

On Dallas, Felix looks freaking hot. If he can stay healthy, top 5 RB... I was surprised to not see Murray (any info from homers?).

I think the OL didn't provide enough pass protection, but I also think that was a product of Denver blitzing fairly frequently. A few tweaks and more then likely, that should be resolved.

Edited by BearBroncos