[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Laptop Purchase Help

untateve

My wife needs a new laptop. She only surfs the net and store pics. Nothing else. She doesn't want one of those notebooks with a tiny screen but clearly, she doesn't need a super expensive toy.

Input/assistance is most appreciated.

And if someone is interested in joining a free BOTH league that is competitive and has been in existence since 1999, go here:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showforum=16

My wife needs a new laptop. She only surfs the net and store pics. Nothing else. She doesn't want one of those notebooks with a tiny screen but clearly, she doesn't need a super expensive toy.

Input/assistance is most appreciated.

And if someone is interested in joining a free BOTH league that is competitive and has been in existence since 1999, go here:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showforum=16

She might want to look into a notebook computer.

Anyways, I'm looking for a league. I'm going to look at your forum.

Last year I bought the cheapest laptop Wal-Mart had. I think it was 348. I do all kinds of engineering calcs and GIS work on the thing and it is top shelf. I guess my point is that even the cheapest computer will do what your wife requires.

Last year I bought the cheapest laptop Wal-Mart had. I think it was 348. I do all kinds of engineering calcs and GIS work on the thing and it is top shelf. I guess my point is that even the cheapest computer will do what your wife requires.

+1

PM peepin....he is refurbishing a couple laptops for a great price, and can prolly taylor something for exactly what you need. I would have bought one from him for my dad when he was looking, except he iswaaaay old school, and couldn't get his mind around buying something from a person I'm not even sure exists.

That said, if all you need is surfing and storage, get something cheap, and buy storage as you needed it rather than paying more for a ton of storage up front.

Here is the best looking one I found on slickdeals. :wacko:

$589 for an i7 from Amazon, not sure how cheap you want to get by, but this might work out and sounds like a solid deal for one of the better processors out there.

I bought my daughter a cheap Toshiba laptop about a year ago. I was nervous about buying such a basic computer, but my daughter only surfs the web and stores pictures on it. So far it has functioned quite well for her.

PM peepin....he is refurbishing a couple laptops for a great price, and can prolly taylor something for exactly what you need. I would have bought one from him for my dad when he was looking, except he iswaaaay old school, and couldn't get his mind around buying something from a person I'm not even sure exists.

That said, if all you need is surfing and storage, get something cheap, and buy storage as you needed it rather than paying more for a ton of storage up front.

:wacko:

PM me if interested. :tup:

i have a new acer aspire timelineX but costco is selling a version of it for only $350 I believe. the processor isn't the fastest, but it will definitely do internet and pictures. plus with a nice 14" screen, the compromise between huge and tiny

Another one that is popular at slickdeals today. :wacko:

Best buy has HP Pavilion g4-1125dx Laptop (pewter) for $349.99. Select in-store pick up to save on shipping.

Specs:

AMD Phenom II Dual Core P650 (2.6GHz)

14" LED w/ Brightview (1366x768) Display

4GB DDR3 Memory

500GB Hard Drive

Radeon HD 4250 Graphics

DVD±RW/CD-RW Drive Double-layer

WiFi-N

Webcam and Mic

6-Cell Battery

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

If you have a Micro Center anywhere near you, go there. Micro Center

I got my wife a Toshiba for under 300. The thing is fantastic for exactly what you need (she does the same exact thing). New, in the box. Wireless G, and plenty of RAM for web surfing and word processing. HUGH, beautiful screen and even a separate keypad!

I use the thing a lot myself and it does the job.

Good luck!

ETA Compaq

and

General

Wife's

For most people with "real" computer work, you would want a dual core for Windows 7. But hers is just fine the way it is for what she is doing.

Edited by McBoog