[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Plane crash kills majority of Russian Hockey Team

Hugh 0ne

terribly sad. I watched salei and skrastins up close in their time with the avs, skrastins in particular was a hard-nosed blueliner I really liked. he was paired with adam foote for a while, and I think he may have actually been part of the trade that brought salei over. and pavol demitra....damn, one of my favorite players to watch, that guy had some sick skills. but of course, much more important right now is that these men were husbands, fathers, sons, friends, etc. :wacko:

Edited by Azazello1313

That got me thinking. Other than the obviously sad factor, what if this was an NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL team. I believe that the whole team flies together. What if the Yankees plane went down tomorrow? How would the league/management handle that? Their season is over - how does that affect the playoffs? Millions of dollars are involved from the owners standpoint and from the spouses/children. The team would have to rebuild - from where? Every plane crash is a tragedy, but it rarely involves an entire plane of 'related' people.

That got me thinking. Other than the obviously sad factor, what if this was an NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL team. I believe that the whole team flies together. What if the Yankees plane went down tomorrow? How would the league/management handle that? Their season is over - how does that affect the playoffs? Millions of dollars are involved from the owners standpoint and from the spouses/children. The team would have to rebuild - from where? Every plane crash is a tragedy, but it rarely involves an entire plane of 'related' people.

Signed, George Costanza

Deleted. :wacko:

Hmm. Basically it was a limo driver's description of what it was like picking one of the deceased player's family up and driving them to the airport to fly to the crash site. The kids had no idea their dad was dead the driver was told to keep it that way. They were excited to see him. Very well written. Was emotional but tasteful.