[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Surprise, surprise, surprise

MojoMan

Growups make nonsensical statements like "..."the rich" have not one bit of interest in helping this country get back on solid footing." then can't explain?

That sounds like something a boy would do.

So your anecdotal evidence " In my experience, many people making <$#/year (can set where you want) or those who now find themselves without useful job skills made bad life decisions, screwed around in school, did not work hard, lived for the moment, etc."

Versus his anecdotal evidence "the rich" have not one bit of interest in helping this country get back on solid footing." doesn't make for an ass handing...maybe a fingering but no handing.

Edited by Grande F'n Juan

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your anecdotal evidence " In my experience, many people making <$#/year (can set where you want) or those who now find themselves without useful job skills made bad life decisions, screwed around in school, did not work hard, lived for the moment, etc."

Versus his anecdotal evidence "the rich" have not one bit of interest in helping this country get back on solid footing." doesn't make for an ass handing...maybe a fingering but no handing.

Fair enough from the perspective of pure logic. One anecdote is as weak as the next anecdote from a scientific perspective.

Doesn't explain his evolution from point to point or why he can't define how a strong America is different if you're rich or you're not rich.

Edited by MojoMan

Uh....hmmm....wait, who is it again standing in the way of the President trying to implement policy and pass the budget?

Stimulus, Obama and Dem Congress

Obamacare, Obama and Dem Congress

Cap and Trade, (I know it didn't pass, but the threat still loomed larger for almost a year), Obama and Dem Congress.

Who should have done the budget for this year? Dem controlled House of last year.

Albeit, I have not read all of this thread, but I have read enough.

All the yearly income of those our government declares as "rich" could be confiscated and run the country for less than a month. Their entire wealth could be confiscated and run the USA for about 3 months. Obviously, this is not a wise strategy.

Entitlements are clearly a problem. Social Security is a Ponzi scheme, look it up. I never expected to ever see a penny. A huge not talked about problem is government worker pensions. On the average, they work for 20 years and retire at 85% of their salary FOR THE TEST OF THEIR LIVES. That is where a huge amount of our tax dollars are going. Teachers in CA can unretire every other year and up their retirement salary. The Post Office is under water due to pensions. why is this not talked about? Does anyone in the private sector get such a deal?

I was arguing on line recently with a government worker who told me that he did not care if I had to work multiple jobs to pay for his pension!

How about the nearly 50% of citizens who currently pay nothing pay something? There are a lot more of them and it would be great if they had something invested.

I think it would be wonderful if we abolished the income tax in lieu of a sales tax (not food and medicine) as it would put most people back in the game.

Just my thoughts.

To summarize this thread:

Americans who have worked hard and make a good income are fooked. Everyone else should drink beer that they bought with their food-stamps, sleep with their baby-mammas, fail to acknowledge or support their children, and eat BBQ.

Edited again for MojoMan.

Edited by wiegie

On the average, they work for 20 years and retire at 85% of their salary FOR THE TEST OF THEIR LIVES. That is where a huge amount of our tax dollars are going.

Not true*. As a government employee under FERS, after 20 yrs, I will get ~ 25% of my salary in pension.

*Congress has made themselves 'special' under the govt. retirement/pay system and is not a part of my above reference. Congress has completely f'd the rest of us over in the last few years. Thanks American voter. :wacko:

Not true*. As a government employee under FERS, after 20 yrs, I will get ~ 25% of my salary in pension.

*Congress has made themselves 'special' under the govt. retirement/pay system and is not a part of my above reference. Congress has completely f'd the rest of us over in the last few years. Thanks American voter. :wacko:

Thank you for sharing. Will you get that amount for the rest of your life? Although I do not know your salary, I am guessing that Social Security would give you much less.

So who is actually f'ed? You or we the taxpayers who do not have your pension?

As I assume that you do nothing but administer crazed legislation, please correct me. What do you produce and sell that expands our economy? What have you done that deserves the taxpayers to pay you whatever sum for the rest of your life? Please provide details.

Thank you for sharing. Will you get that amount for the rest of your life? Although I do not know your salary, I am guessing that Social Security would give you much less.

As I assume that you do nothing but administer crazed legislation, please correct me. What do you produce and sell that expands our economy? What have you done that deserves the taxpayers to pay you whatever sum for the rest of your life? Please provide details.

You do realize people pay in to their pension funds, don't you? It's not free money.

ETA: Are our armed forces worth their pensions? They produce nothing. Neither do firefighters and policemen. In fact, it's the mark of an advanced society when there are people who do not "produce" things in the traditional sense.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

unfunded employee pensions isn't necessarily a huge issue for the federal government like it is for the states (unless the federal government is used as a backstop for bankrupt states). reagan dealt with this a long time ago, switching the majority of the federal employee retirement payout away from a defined benefit pension toward matching TSP (401k) contributions (ZMOG!! "privatization!"). there is still a defined-benefit pension, but it is a lot smaller than it used to be, and it's a tiny obligation compared with the old federal pension system.

Edited by Azazello1313

Obama said 14 more months until his ass is voted out. I'm still waiting for my "hope and change". He's a novelty, time for his ass to go. If history repeats itself, are we in the Jimmy Carter years part deux! Bring on the next Ron Regan.

Obama said 14 more months until his ass is voted out. I'm still waiting for my "hope and change". He's a novelty, time for his ass to go. If history repeats itself, are we in the Jimmy Carter years part deux! Bring on the next Ron Regan.

Great. Another illiterate.

You do realize people pay in to their pension funds, don't you? It's not free money.

I usually make it a rule not to reply to you for obvious reasons. Pubic employees also known as government workers do NOT contribute a dime to their retirement funds. It is OUR money funding them and it is FREE to them. FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. You should get your money back from whatever law school you went to.