[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My feelings in a nutshell

flemingd

Posted to my league message board

===

From the Desk of The Commissioner

CC: GFFL Legal Department

CC: <redacted>

CC: Andrew S<redacted>

Let this notice serve to inform that <redacted>, owner of the <redacted> franchise - 5 time league champions and all-around upstanding citizens - has filed an Intent to File Grievance with this office in regards to <redacted> owner Andrew "Putz" S<redacted>. The entirety of the Grievance will be outlined in said, but it is known to include BullSHAM WOW! Luck, Unbelievable Coincidence, and Totally Unrealistic Performance centered around the most recent matchup between <redacted> and <redacted>u. To wit:

BullSHAM WOW! Luck has been illustrated by Jamaal Charles' season-ending knee injury happening on just his 2nd touch of the game; The Bengals deciding for one game to abandon the core stategy they have followed since Marvin Lewis was able to form a cohesive thought (not at long as you would think btw) against an awful run D; <redacted> QB Michael Vick being knocked out of the game in the 3rd quarter when he was lighting it up.

Unbelievable Coincidence is evident by Dez Bryant being "fine" most of the week but mysteriously sitting out on Sunday - leaving the <redacted> Miles Austin AND Jason Witten as the only viable targets for Dallas against an awful SF passing defense; By Carolina defense dominating the entire first three quarters only to mysteriously give up TWO long TD passes on comedic coverage attempts in the 4th quarter to the <redacted> QB Aaron Rogers; The aforementioned Vick injury happening when LeSean McCoy had been quiet - after said injury McCoy added 19 out of his 26 fantasy points.

Totally Unrealistic Performance is clearly demonstrated when Devery Freaking Henderson catches 2 passes for 24 yards - then a third for 79 yards and a TD while at the same time Robert Meachem pulls in a TD pass of his own - and goes for a whopping 10 total points in the process.

The contents of this memorandum are privileged and subject to confidentiality, non-disclosure, and not-cool agreements between the sender and its intended recipients. This memo and the contents thereof may not be shared, forwarded, or disclosed in any way that would violate those agreements. If you have received this memo in error or in violation of the aforementioned agreements, thou art certainly Ginsued and it is suggested you follow the standard three step remedy: (1) Bend over; (2) Put your head between your knees; (3) Kiss your ass goodbye.

Edited by flemingd

This happened to me last season, where, in the first five games of one league, my opponent would have one or two guys come out of nowhere to post career-best games -- every week.

This year, I'm the guy who starts Mike Tolbert in Week 1 and Devery Henderson in Week 2. :wacko:

LOL, last week (week 1) in one league I looked like a freaking god, dang near max scoring on every position while this week I look like the F'ing Seahawks and couldn't get over 10 points on my best players. Hint, Charles & Gates on ame team.

First few weeks just suck trying to figure it out. Just have to roll with the punches and expect to lose at the begining of the season. You just need to get your roster settled before mid season when you make your push for world dominance!

I'm taking ass and kicking names in my league. I just made sure to draft players this year that wouldn't get hurt. It has made all the difference.

Only issue is that most of your league mates that this was futbɒl... not football and their still trying to figure who has Beckham.

As I've always said, FF is 91% luck and 9% luck.

I find that people who say this are the ones that usually lose (not pointing a finger at you).

I subscribe to a slightly different theory. I find that on average the same people tend to rise to the top half of the standings year after year -- that's not luck. Where the luck come in is who among those teams comes away with the title at the end of the season.

Only issue is that most of your league mates that this was futbɒl... not football and their still trying to figure who has Beckham.

Travis Beckham? He will be on the field tonight I believe :wacko:

KO'd

Edited by KOKIDKOKID

I find that people who say this are the ones that usually lose (not pointing a finger at you).

I subscribe to a slightly different theory. I find that on average the same people tend to rise to the top half of the standings year after year -- that's not luck. Where the luck come in is who among those teams comes away with the title at the end of the season.

In some leagues this is true, but if you're in a league where everyone is knowledgeable and competitive, it's mostly luck. I wouldn't say 100% but it's up there.