[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gadhaffi captured

Big F'n Dave

Wow, this has given me a really weird feeling... Having grown up watching this dude's antics, his support of terrorists, his vitriolic rhetoric, his unabashed arrogance during the late 70's through the mid/late 80's he was one of the people I hated the most.

During the 90's he seemingly toned his rhetoric down and by the late 90's early 2000's he slipped off of the radar; aside from an occasional rant at the UN or some other summit for tinpot dictators.

My disdain for him had ebbed during the past few years. I still disliked him greatly, but nothing like I had during the 80's and 90's, he had become insignificant.

But, now, now seeing that he is dead, I have nothing but a sense of elation. His day of reckoning has come. It is at least 25 years to late for many that perished at his hands, but he has paid his debt to them by simultaneously losing his power, his stature, his money and his life.

On this day I am happy to see a man dead.

The one thing I've never understood. If he was so great, why was he only a colonel?

Because:

Unlike some other military revolutionaries, Gaddafi did not promote himself to the rank of general upon seizing power, but rather accepted a ceremonial promotion from captain to colonel and remained at this rank. While at odds with Western military ranking for a colonel to rule a country and serve as commander-in-chief of its military, in Gaddafi's own words Libya's society is "ruled by the people", so he did not need a more grandiose title or supreme military rank

However much BS all that "ruled by the people" stuff turned out to be, he always said he was not interested in promoting himself rank-wise.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

in da butt, bob

The Newlywed Game was the subject of an urban legend for many years. The story, which had several variations, had Bob Eubanks asking a contestant, "Where is the weirdest place where you have ever made whoopee?" in one episode. The contestant supposedly responded, "In the butt, Bob." Eubanks denied the incident for a long time.

It turned out that the incident in question happened in a 1977 episode where Eubanks asked a wife (Olga) where the weirdest place that she and her husband Hank had the urge to "make whoopee" was. After drawing a blank, and prodded by Eubanks to give an answer, the wife responded, "In the ass" (with "ass" bleeped out). As everyone in the studio laughed uproariously, Eubanks clarified the question, asking for the weirdest location.

Linky: