[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I love being a home owner

muck

We're selling our house.

We have an offer from a buyer.

The appraiser is coming tomorrow morning.

The septic is backing up tonight.

The plumber will be here in about 15 minutes.

If snaking the lines doesn't work, the earliest they can pump it out is tomorrow afternoon.

I'll be PISSED if this keeps our sale from closing.

Edited by muck

I'm trying to sell mine and want to relocate...it's REAL tough. Going on 90 days, 0 offers and I havn't even gotten a person to come see it in the last 10 days.

Patiance is a virtue.

I hope it all ends up positive for you!

Have you tried an open house ?

Not yet. My realtor told me that open houses are not real beneficial as you get alot of nosey neighbors coming in to see your house.

If I don't get any action between now and after Holidays, I will schedule one early next year.

While there may be some truth to this, and yes, open houses are as much about selling your home as they are marketing the real estate agent, all 5 offers we had on our house when we sold 2 years ago were from people that came through an open house. Obviously your mileage may vary, and it can be a gigantic PITA to get the house spotless and the family out of there ,etc. but well worth it in our experience.

Not yet. My realtor told me that open houses are not real beneficial as you get alot of nosey neighbors coming in to see your house.

If I don't get any action between now and after Holidays, I will schedule one early next year.

there is no doubt going to be nosey neighbors but you also should get a decent amount of activity from people truly seeking a home. The realtor needs to preoperly advertize for it

Edited by whomper

there is no doubt going to be nosey neighbors but you also should get a decent amount of activity from people truly seeking a home. The realtor needs to preoperly advertize for it

What does that entail?

It's listed on all the major websites (redfin, zillow, etc). Is there more?

I would appreciate any pointers.

I am sorry for hyjacking this thread too!

What does that entail?

It's listed on all the major websites (redfin, zillow, etc). Is there more?

I would appreciate any pointers.

I am sorry for hyjacking this thread too!

Im not sure how they do it in your neck of the woods but my office advertizes it in the local paper and community paper leading up to the date and we also put signs on the corners with balloons and arrows and your address for people driving by that may want to take a look . When a listing gets a little stale this is a good idea. We usually do it as soon as we list a house and it is fresh on the market

Im not sure how they do it in your neck of the woods but my office advertizes it in the local paper and community paper leading up to the date and we also put signs on the corners with balloons and arrows and your address for people driving by that may want to take a look . When a listing gets a little stale this is a good idea. We usually do it as soon as we list a house and it is fresh on the market

Thanks. I will talk to my broker and schedule one.

That's 100% how our realtor sold ours. Open House. If they balk again I'd say they were just lazy or are having opens for their "more lucrative" houses.

That's 100% how our realtor sold ours. Open House. If they balk again I'd say they were just lazy or are having opens for their "more lucrative" houses.

When we sold our house in Jersey we had 2 open houses. Our realtor did them begrudgingly, saying they wouldn't amount to jack. And they didn't. What got our house sold was offering a $2K cash bonus to any buyer's agent who fetched us at least our asking price. That worked.