[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The last movie you saw

BeeR

Pearl Harbor. Awful, horrible movie. It was amazingly historically inaccurate. That, and the actors suck.

If I want to watch a movie about Pearl Harbor it will be Tora! Tora! Tora!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pearl Harbor. Awful, horrible movie. It was amazingly historically inaccurate. That, and the actors suck.

:wacko: I remember trying to sit through that train wreck...

Streamed In the Name of the Father last night. That was good if your into Day-Lewis and Irishmen saying fook a lot. My Left Foot is worth a watch also.

Anything by Bay/Bruckheimer is usually going to be a bloated POS with canned dialogue and over-the-top special effects. Those summer blockbusters are the McDonald's of moviemaking, and are successful for the same unfortunate reasons McDonald's is successful.

No Strings Attached

As far as chick-flicks go, this one was surprisingly really funny, if you don't mind Ashton Kutcher. A bit of good ol' fashioned sophomoric humor. Plot is average, but it kept me entertained. The wife really enjoyed it except for a bit of stuff that she thought was a lil' too racy.

Change-Up

I had some buddies that liked this a lot more than I did, but I like Ryan Reynolds, so it had moments. A few really funny moments. Tired plot, but executed fairly well. Could have been funnier, but I could think of worse ways to spend an evening.

Edited by Seahawks21

Ides of March -- Great cast, very good performances and a story that keeps you guessing all the way through. Good exploration of the backstabbing and maneuvering that happens in a political campaign. Gosling is a good young actor, wasn't sure if he could carry a whole movie but he does, while Clooney, Giamatti and Seymour-Hoffman are great as usual. This isn't a candidate for movie of the year and doesn't aspire to be, it's just a good entertaining flick.

I thought the same thing about Gosling until I saw the movie " Fracture " where he is the lead and more than holds his own against Anthony Hopkins (who is the other main star).

BTW, I also highly recommend this movie... Excellent psychological thriller pitting two cunning minds against each other in a murder case.

The Incredibles - For some reason I managed to endure watching a movie on TV with all the #$@ ads flitting across the bottom of the screen seemingly non-stop. I guess because I saw this movie years ago and felt it was worth another watch. Just a fun, very well done movie IMO, the way animated movies should be. Straightforward classic comic book style fun that didn't lean on extra-fancy graphics or cheap/silly over the top Hollywood BS. One you have no worries at all about any kid of any age watching.

Just watched RED with Bruce Willis. I'm not a hugh Bruce Willis fans but its one of his better action flicks. One of the better comic book adaptation movies I've seen in awhile. There are some terrific close ups that they tore right out of the comic book. Great movie.

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Good movie, but you need to have read the book to get sme of the compressed sequences.

Enjoyed the book more. I've seen people rate it in the top 10 movies of the year. Not sure I would go that far......

Anything by Bay/Bruckheimer is usually going to be a bloated POS with canned dialogue and over-the-top special effects. Those summer blockbusters are the McDonald's of moviemaking, and are successful for the same unfortunate reasons McDonald's is successful.

I would LOVE to get on a gig like that. 3-4 months of Tier 3 pay = roughly $40-$50k for me alone. In time.....for now, I'm stuck on Lifetime Original pieces of garbage.

I saw "Warrior" on PPV last night. The MMA sequences were well done and the character development was great. Very entertaining movie with three great actors (Tom Hardy, Joel Edgerton and Nick Nolte). Highly recommended.

Saw "Melancholia" with my film student daughter last week. I guess my IQ isn't high enough to appreciate this arthouse stuff. Lars Von Trier is a freak.

Edited by Redfish