[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

how do you make this up to someone

frenzal rhomb

A hole that I am, I wasnt paying attention at a feriends house and knocked a tiny tree over that was set on a table and of course broke three ornaments that cant be replaced - now how do you make that up to someone? I feel like a complete Megan Fox

can you make a dog look like a tree :wacko:

A hole that I am, I wasnt paying attention at a feriends house and knocked a tiny tree over that was set on a table and of course broke three ornaments that cant be replaced - now how do you make that up to someone? I feel like a complete Megan Fox

Things break. It happens. If they were mine, I'd certainly accept a sincere apology. Then I would tell them that the bottle of quality booze they were offering was absolutely not needed but, ultimately, and graciously, accept it.

I would be really passive-aggressive about it, smiling through pursed lips, saying "really, it's fine, my grandmother loved those ornaments but luckily she's been dead for 18 years and isn't here to see this. I probably have other keepsakes to remember her by." Then while sweeping them up..."See here -- Made in Poland -- they were made in a little village that I believe no longer exists, by my grandmother's best friend from grade school. (wiping away a tear) Augh, I don't know why I should care so much, it's not like physical possessions can bring a person back. (looking up) Love you Grandma. Miss you."

Accidents happen man. What are you gonna do. Im sure you offered a sincere apology . They will get over it.

I would be really passive-aggressive about it, smiling through pursed lips, saying "really, it's fine, my grandmother loved those ornaments but luckily she's been dead for 18 years and isn't here to see this. I probably have other keepsakes to remember her by." Then while sweeping them up..."See here -- Made in Poland -- they were made in a little village that I believe no longer exists, by my grandmother's best friend from grade school. (wiping away a tear) Augh, I don't know why I should care so much, it's not like physical possessions can bring a person back. (looking up) Love you Grandma. Miss you."

lol--pretty good

As for the original question, send the people a hand-written apology letter.

(Perhaps you could also look on E-bay/Craigslist to see if there is anything similar you could purchase to give to them. -- If you come up empty, perhaps tell them of your unsuccessful pursuit in the letter. (Perhaps you should get them a giftcard so that they can purchase something similar on their own, but I don't know as this would be like trying to place a dollar value on their memories.))

In any case, write them the letter to let them know you truly feel bad about what happened.)

Edited by wiegie

I already apologized multiple times and they were cool about it. I mean, if it happened to me, I would be cool about and accept the apology. Like its been said, you have a party, sht happens and things get broken. I just feel really f in bad - Im gonna try to find some similar ornamnets but they cant replace whats broken.

I already apologized multiple times and they were cool about it. I mean, if it happened to me, I would be cool about and accept the apology. Like its been said, you have a party, sht happens and things get broken. I just feel really f in bad - Im gonna try to find some similar ornamnets but they cant replace whats broken.

we're ya chit faced and f'n around?

on the way - but not to the point of knockin crp over, just not paying attention and talking and the hands were moving.

Stage an intervention thus convincing these nice people that you are simply an alcoholic and your actions are a result of the horrible disease you have!

on the way - but not to the point of knockin crp over, just not paying attention and talking and the hands were moving.

I didnt know you were Italian

Things break. It happens. If they were mine, I'd certainly accept a sincere apology. Then I would tell them that the bottle of quality booze they were offering was absolutely not needed but, ultimately, and graciously, accept it.

Sounds good to me.

Collect the shards of their broken memories. Go to a glass blower. Have the glass blower make an ornament encasing the shards. Color and temper the ornament with your tears and blood both provided to the glass blower before he starts working.

Or a simple and sincere apology offered between friends.