[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Those crazy Iranians

tazinib1

:wacko: He was in the Navy.

Should rejoin. His country needs him.

Seriously, are we really concerned about a bunch of turbanned guys in a speedboat? Simply engaging these cretins in conversation boosts their ego. Better to simply ignore their plastic saber and let them talk to themselves.

I consider going to war to be an extremely serious business only to be undertaken as a last resort. I do not consider it to be something to be done at the drop of a hat.

Agreed. Listen, I'm the last person you need to convince. But to boast that kind of statement when we already have tensions between us, is pretty freak'n dumb IMO. Elect a REP and Iran is next on the list.

Agreed. Listen, I'm the last person you need to convince. But to boast that kind of statement when we already have tensions between us, is pretty freak'n dumb IMO. Elect a REP and Iran is next on the list.

I'm with you on this one, taz. So I guess it looks like we're going to Iran next January.

Edited by tosberg34

I consider going to war to be an extremely serious business only to be undertaken as a last resort. I do not consider it to be something to be done at the drop of a hat.

I can only hope that people have learned some lesson from the last couple worthless wars we have been involved in. :wacko: The price is too great for what we actually "win".

I'll stick with the guy who handled that whole "wanted dead or alive" with that bin Laden dude. Let's elect a rep so he can drop bombs. F'ing stoopid.

Guys, this really isn't a big deal. IIRC, Iran has two submarines that are so noisy the fish run away to keep from hurting their ears, and a few PT boats and a couple Korean-era frigates. They won't get within 100 miles of a carrier battle group with hostile intentions. Hell, the carrier's CAP would probably be able to handle the threat without even launching the alert fighters. The best thing we could do is what you do to your mother-in-law: nod at her "advice" and go on and do what we would anyway. :wacko:

Guys, this really isn't a big deal. IIRC, Iran has two submarines that are so noisy the fish run away to keep from hurting their ears, and a few PT boats and a couple Korean-era frigates. They won't get within 100 miles of a carrier battle group with hostile intentions. Hell, the carrier's CAP would probably be able to handle the threat without even launching the alert fighters. The best thing we could do is what you do to your mother-in-law: nod at her "advice" and go on and do what we would anyway. :wacko:

Exactly. Rising to their silly bait is exactly what they want us to do, making them look a heck of a lot bigger than they are.

Should rejoin. His country needs him.

Seriously, are we really concerned about a bunch of turbanned guys in a speedboat? Simply engaging these cretins in conversation boosts their ego. Better to simply ignore their plastic saber and let them talk to themselves.

We've been in Afgan how long now?

Speaking from industry experience.... this.