[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

can you hear me now

CaP'N GRuNGe

1. Speed has improved quite a bit since I looked at the board this weekend.
  2. <-- Love the increased size of my Dome!
  3. DMD will need to appoint a couple of new moderators if he's going to allow pocs, but I do think it is a good addition.
  4. Loving the new list feature.
  5. I still want my :oldrazz: back :wacko:

So far, it's not too bad. People always complain when you change things. Pretty much every forum I've seen allows you to post pics. So dumb we are probably going to have that taken away from us.

In that case you'd better get your picture posting in now. :wacko:

I am not familiar with all of the features of the new set-up, and I understand that all of the changes have not been made, but I haven't found one thing that I consider an improvement over the the old board.

I'm not sure what, if anything,I got out of it, but removing a members join date and member number from the post removes an acknowledgement that the memebr has been around for awhile. It seems a bit more pertinent to me that someone's "interests," but I'm not looking to pick someone up.

I am not familiar with all of the features of the new set-up, and I understand that all of the changes have not been made, but I haven't found one thing that I consider an improvement over the the old board.

I'm not sure what, if anything,I got out of it, but removing a members join date and member number from the post removes an acknowledgement that the memebr has been around for awhile. It seems a bit more pertinent to me that someone's "interests," but I'm not looking to pick someone up.

If you run the mouse over the users name it still shows post count & join date, but I agree, I liked it better when that info was front & center. On a positive note I've got more dots than you. :wacko:

I'm with you here. It just seems like you have to make one extra click for everything to be able to use the site. Definitely clunkier than the old version.

you know what would be really handy is a "my forums" list which each user could customize based on their leagues and interests.

I was thinking the same, though I prefer this format with the quick navigation over the old version where all the league forums were jumbled together.

I was thinking the same, though I prefer this format with the quick navigation over the old version where all the league forums were jumbled together.

That's one of the parts I don't like. With the old version, you pretty much knew where your league was in that mess, so it was one click to get there. Now you have to click to get into a section, then scroll until you find the league.

you know what would be really handy is a "my forums" list which each user could customize based on their leagues and interests.

For the leagues, you now can. Go to "View New Content", then one of the options on the left is to filter by forum.

That's one of the parts I don't like. With the old version, you pretty much knew where your league was in that mess, so it was one click to get there. Now you have to click to get into a section, then scroll until you find the league.

Unless, like me, during the course of a day you are browsing the forum via 1 of 4 devices where the forum is in a different place depending on the device.

you are hot!!

:wacko: I did just that, but there is no "reply" button....just "delete" or "start a new conversation"

If you look at your message list and the conversation says "deleted", then there is not an option to reply. I think this happens when you have a conversation in your PM box that does not correspond to one in the other person's PM box (because they deleted/archived it).

You can do that. For each fourm you want to follow, there's a follow/unfollow button at the top. You can also follow topics too, and then if you click on your username on the top, and go to "Content/Follow", you can see either your followed topics or choose followed forums. You can also see if there are replies to all of the posts you've started or commented on by clicking My Content there.

As for all the whining about the new layout, let them get it all finished before you poo-poo it... Not only have they said that a skin like the old one will be used and it will be faster than the old forums so many complained about, but they also aren't through with all of the customizations either... Much of what we're seeing now are probably default settings likely to change.

Further, I think there's some nice promise to what can be done with this new format, such as the features I mentioned above, and also it tells you if there are new replies without having to refresh, even as you're typing your response.... But if it ends up being nothing else than getting the forums to load faster, then it seems totally worth it for small adaptions some may have to make.

(ETA: I don't want to pick any fights about the "whining" comment, but just saying that we have to be a little patient for them to get done with it first. The only other alternative is shutting it down completely until they do).

Edited by delusions of granduer

You can do that. For each fourm you want to follow, there's a follow/unfollow button at the top. You can also follow topics too, and then if you click on your username on the top, and go to "Content/Follow", you can see either your followed topics or choose followed forums. You can also see if there are replies to all of the posts you've started or commented on by clicking My Content there.

As for all the whining about the new layout, let them get it all finished before you poo-poo it... Not only have they said that a skin like the old one will be used and it will be faster than the old forums so many complained about, but they also aren't through with all of the customizations either... Much of what we're seeing now are probably default settings likely to change.

Further, I think there's some nice promise to what can be done with this new format, such as the features I mentioned above, and also it tells you if there are new replies without having to refresh, even as you're typing your response.... But if it ends up being nothing else than getting the forums to load faster, then it seems totally worth it for small adaptions some may have to make.

(ETA: I don't want to pick any fights about the "whining" comment, but just saying that we have to be a little patient for them to get done with it first. The only other alternative is shutting it down completely until they do).

Brownnoser