[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

I'll grant you that. Agree to disagree on the rest - I just do not see him doing anything once IDOL is not carrying him. He's probably the most annoying/discomforting singer to watch I have ever seen.

I'll grant you that. Agree to disagree on the rest - I just do not see him doing anything once IDOL is not carrying him. He's probably the most annoying/discomforting singer to watch I have ever seen.

Carrying him? That couldn't be further from the truth. He HATES Idol and everything they are trying to make him do. They tried to make him change his 'image' and he didn't. They tried to make him change his style and he didn't. They told him to lose the guitar and he played it, they told him to play it and he didn't. He's doing his own thing and has been from the beginning. Idol can take credit for the exposure he's gotten and that' about it. It's so obvious they don't want him to win it's disgusting. I hope he loses this week so he doesn't have to play under the guise of an Idol contract.

Carrying him? That couldn't be further from the truth. He HATES Idol and everything they are trying to make him do. They tried to make him change his 'image' and he didn't. They tried to make him change his style and he didn't. They told him to lose the guitar and he played it, they told him to play it and he didn't. He's doing his own thing and has been from the beginning. Idol can take credit for the exposure he's gotten and that' about it. It's so obvious they don't want him to win it's disgusting. I hope he loses this week so he doesn't have to play under the guise of an Idol contract.

Hopefully he will lose this week because Joshua was much better but he didn't have the 13-14 year old vote.

I hope he loses this week so he doesn't have to play under the guise of an Idol contract.

Idol (19 Entertainment) will own his rights whether he wins or loses, per the contract they make all the contestants sign. All the notable runners-up from past seasons, Daughtry, Kellie Pickler, Adam Lambert, etc. are signed with 19 Entertainment. They control everything, the record deals, tours, merch, etc.

Idol (19 Entertainment) will own his rights whether he wins or loses, per the contract they make all the contestants sign. All the notable runners-up from past seasons, Daughtry, Kellie Pickler, Adam Lambert, etc. are signed with 19 Entertainment. They control everything, the record deals, tours, merch, etc.

the top 12 sign a contract that states they have to accept a contract from 19 Entertainment if one is offered. But it is not guaranteed that every top 12 finisher will get a contract. If they are not offered one, I believe they cannot sign with another label for 1 year, but could be mistaken on that part. Either way, I suppose you are right, as PP will surely be signed.

DMD ... apparently you've never seen Dave Matthews sing. His face is more contorted than PPs by a country mile.

I would have LOVED to have seen PP sing a little Pearl Jam. There would have been more than a couple of songs he could have / would have just killed. IMO.

PP was the definate favorite in our house; we all would go see him and buy his stuff ... and, for Jessica, we'd enjoy reading a magazine while at the dentist if she were on in the background.

I totally disagree with you DMD. I think PP is one of the best Idols to come out. Def top 5 and I feel he has a unique voice and he knows what music suits his voice. I'd buy his almbum and give him a chance and I've never said that before about any of the winners.

America got it right. Phillips couldn't even complete his victory song because he was so overcome with emotion. Then he went and hugged his family, then the judges. Just beautiful man. :rolleyes: This kid has big things ahead of him. His single that they wrote for him is better by a country mile than any previous season's IMO, and perfectly suited to his style.

He'll probably start out as an opener for Dave, Kings of Leon or someone like that, but we're hoping he plays some shows in GA at some point, headlining smaller venues. I can count on one hand the number of past Idol contestants that I would have any interest in seeing live.

I think Phillips will end up in the Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, Kelly Clarkson class, as far as success goes. He is the one winner whose concert I would pay to go see right now. I think he has a big future ahead of him. The right person won this year. :clap:

I think Phillips will end up in the Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, Kelly Clarkson class, as far as success goes. He is the one winner whose concert I would pay to go see right now. I think he has a big future ahead of him. The right person won this year. :clap:

+1

Dave Mathews won idol :clap: I watched about 20 minutes of this on Monday . The kid has talent but he is a complete rip off of dave matthews.