[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hatfields & McCoys - History Channel on Memorial Day

Gopher

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Part 1 was pretty much an introduction, showing the history of the two patriarchs serving in the war together, as well as some of the happenings that led up to the fued and generated some of the bad blood between the families, etc. Part 2 should be when it gets really good, in terms of all-out action/chaos.

Wish I would have seen this earlier.

My FIL lived in the mountains of WV while a youngster and the last 25 years of his life. While on a visit my wife meet one of the women who was either a Hatfield or McCoy (don't remember which). She bust out laughing everytime she thinks about it or looks at the pics she took.

Recorded them all and plan to watch them when I find some time. Glad to hear its been good.

For those who missed it and are wanting to see it check out the History Channel listings, looks like all 3 parts will be shown again back to back on Sat 6/2 starting at 6PM Eastern. Or view them online at the History Channel site.

It needed subtitles

LOL! My wife are watching it and we both are really enjoying it except she was mostly raised in California so I have to translate the dialogue for her.

I wonder how close to the truth they came? I thought it was all well done and enjoyable. Sort of shows you how things can get "a might bit out of hand". After the Hatfields ended up burning the McCoy house down and killing two of them, I turned to my wife and said "that could have gone better."

I liked the ending where

McCoy lost all faith and burned himself up in hate (rather literally) and Hatfield ended up the religious one.

Nice series.

Best line in the movie -

Anse Hatfield laying in bed talking to wife and she brings up the death of Bill. Anse says "yeah, I always figured I would have to be the one to kill him."

The mini-series was surprisingly close to the historical events but note I say close and not accurate. I have been looking forward to it coming on for a while now and after watching it was not disappointed what-so-ever. The actors really fell in to the roles so deeply that I didn't realize the hatfield crazy uncle was Tom B until the scene with Anse described above this post.

My wife had asked me the other night what I was watching and she had a confusing looking on her face when i told her. Turns out she never heard of the Hatfields or McCoys before. I find that completely impossible, if you're American then you've at the very least heard of the names before. But she swears she has never heard of them or the famous feud.

The mini-series was surprisingly close to the historical events but note I say close and not accurate. I have been looking forward to it coming on for a while now and after watching it was not disappointed what-so-ever. The actors really fell in to the roles so deeply that I didn't realize the hatfield crazy uncle was Tom B until the scene with Anse described above this post.

My wife had asked me the other night what I was watching and she had a confusing looking on her face when i told her. Turns out she never heard of the Hatfields or McCoys before. I find that completely impossible, if you're American then you've at the very least heard of the names before. But she swears she has never heard of them or the famous feud.

She's probably an alien, or a terrorist ;)

I remember seeing references in cartoons as a kid (Bugs Bunny maybe).

From the "I never heard of that" zone, one day we're talking and somebody says "man you were stuck between a rock and a hard place" and my sister get's this puzzled look on her face, then asks "what does that mean". We all laughed and said, you never heard that expression before?

Make it two wimmens folk... my wife said the same thing! I was shocked myself and made reference to old time cartoons and such... still nothing.

Anyway, on a side note, I found out recently that I am related to the Hatfields (like a second cousin or something). Anyone else related to the feud?

Edited by millerx