[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McJobs

Azazello1313

Obama is absolutely relying on people like you for his re-election bid.

The GOP's "jobs bill" is pretty simplistic: Get the Federal government off of the private sector's back and jobs will be a byproduct of the recovery.

Right the good ole GOP mantra of stay out of my business. Deregulation has always been the solution. Maybe we can be like China some day and just forget about things like clean air or water.

Right the good ole GOP mantra of stay out of my business. Deregulation has always been the solution. Maybe we can be like China some day and just forget about things like clean air or water.

OK, that makes zero sense. Deregulation - when the government controls the industry - in China? This is the country that has a one-baby per family policy. This is the country that puts people who speak out against the government in the hospital as mental patients. The country who runs over peaceful student protestors with tanks. This is the biggest, stupidest strawman of them all dude.

First, your comment that "The current President's self-proclaimed solution to our financial crisis in this country is to increase taxes on any person whose income is greater than $200k or any couple whose income is greater than $250k. Simple question - is that true or false?" Please locate the proclamation by President Obama in which he stated that this tax increase is the "solution to our financial crisis."

I know BB is very much against people making assertions with weak or false data. I'll await the link to the transcript of that speech. :pop:

• Like 1

OK, that makes zero sense. Deregulation - when the government controls the industry - in China? This is the country that has a one-baby per family policy. This is the country that puts people who speak out against the government in the hospital as mental patients. The country who runs over peaceful student protestors with tanks. This is the biggest, stupidest strawman of them all dude.

I was referring to China's pollution levels and how the treat their environment. Not the communist running of industry.

Its the same old bit with the GOP, just remove restrictions on businesses and we'll fix everything. Oh that and more tax breaks for the rich.

Both parties are so SNICKERSed up it isn't even funny.

Oddly enough, since we deregulated business, eliminated onerous taxes on the super-wealthy, and busted up almost all the unions - stated Republican goals for the past 40 yrs or so - the country has been going down the sh*tter.

Coincidence? I think not.

• Like 3

Oddly enough, since we deregulated business, eliminated onerous taxes on the super-wealthy, and busted up almost all the unions - stated Republican goals for the past 40 yrs or so - the country has been going down the sh*tter.

I didn't get the memo. I thought we only deregualted select financial businesses with influential lobbyist, not business in general. Of course I tuned most of this stuff out back when Nixon borrowed the term "stagflation" and was trying to explain something about the collapse of the Peruvian anchovies fishery leading to the world being rip for the worst effects of the oil embargo. God I was glad to discover thai sticks. I can't imagine what it must have been like to be sober through the 70's, and the 80's, and really the 90's, not to mention the last few years. Come to think of it sobriety really isn't my thing.

I think I'll go for a vodka enema, a nice cigar, and then watch the ball game with a nice single malt and a few score whippets. Ciao.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

Ah, we're playing the cute little "gotcha" game again, are we? So just to make sure I understand what Yo, bushy, and square's position is on this, they are denying that Obama has made raising taxes on the "rich" a major part of his economic recovery platform.

Is that an accurate portrayal of your position, guys?

:lol: What country are you referring to? This one? The one where the taxpayers still own a substantial portion of AIG, the union owns a substantial portion of GM that was taken away from investors, and corporate taxes are still among the highest in the world?

Edited by Bronco Billy

:lol: What country are you referring to? This one? The one where the taxpayers still own a substantial portion of AGI, the union owns a substantial portion of GM that was taken away from investors, and corporate taxes are still among the highest in the world?

Yeah, it's called corporate welfare...the gov't owns AGI because it was deemed "too big to fail" - ergo, anything "too big to fail" shouldn't exist, right?

Taxes have nothing to do with regulation, either, when it comes down to it.

Ah, we're playing the cute little "gotcha" game again, are we? So just to make sure I understand what Yo, bushy, and square's position is on this, they are denying that Obama has made raising taxes on the "rich" a major part of his economic recovery platform.

Is that an accurate portrayal of your position, guys?

No.

:lol: What country are you referring to? This one? The one where the taxpayers still own a substantial portion of AGI, the union owns a substantial portion of GM that was taken away from investors, and corporate taxes are still among the highest in the world?

<sigh>

According to the Congressional Budget Office, corporate tax receipts as a share of corporate profits have hit their lowest point in 40 years:

Corporate tax receipts as a share of profits are at their lowest level in at least 40 years.
Total corporate federal taxes paid fell to 12.1% of profits earned from activities within the U.S. in fiscal 2011, which ended Sept. 30, according to the Congressional Budget Office. That’s the lowest level since at least 1972.
And well below the 25.6% companies paid on average from 1987 to 2008.
Edited by yo mama
  • Like 1

<sigh>

According to the Congressional Budget Office, corporate tax receipts as a share of corporate profits have hit their lowest point in 40 years:

Corporate tax receipts as a share of profits are at their lowest level in at least 40 years.
Total corporate federal taxes paid fell to 12.1% of profits earned from activities within the U.S. in fiscal 2011, which ended Sept. 30, according to the Congressional Budget Office. That’s the lowest level since at least 1972.
And well below the 25.6% companies paid on average from 1987 to 2008.

The base tax rate IS actually higher than in most other western countries.

Of course, "base tax rate" and "what's actually paid" are generally not the same thing.

The base tax rate IS actually higher than in most other western countries.

Of course, "base tax rate" and "what's actually paid" are generally not the same thing.

Yes, the "statutory rate" is the highest in the world. But like you said, that isn't what anyone actually ends up paying, which makes it a highly inaccurate standard by which to measure "tax fairness." Whatever that is.

We are in this position because of career politicians from both parties. They all need to go, but idiot voters keep voting for their guy.

The debt is skyrocketing mosty due to entitlement programs advocated primarily by progressive democrats.

Corporations actually do not pay any taxes. They collect them as part of the sales price of their good or service and pass them along to the government. We would all be better off if the corporate tax rate was zero. Jobs that have been outsourced would come back.

Edited by Lady.hawke

Yeah, it's called corporate welfare...the gov't owns AGI because it was deemed "too big to fail" - ergo, anything "too big to fail" shouldn't exist, right?

Taxes have nothing to do with regulation, either, when it comes down to it.

So you agree then that Federal intervention and manipulation is a bad thing, right?

So you agree then that Federal intervention and manipulation is a bad thing, right?

I do think government intervention is needed to bring manufacturing brack to this country. Having a strong industrial sector should also revive the middle class.

A few questions for the group:

Why is it wrong and evil to be rich in our country all of the sudden? Isn't that the essence of the "American Dream"?

Why do we only have two effective political parties in our country? The only choices out there right now are to support an extremely conservative party or an extremly liberal party?

What is wrong with term limits if everyone agrees career politcians are a big part of the problem?