[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Green Bay TD - Offense or Special Teams Play

quest

Listen it doesn't really matter how you want to set up a league and score things. But absent a specific rule covering something, now the league site (and NFL usually the same) scores it is how you should treat it.

So if you want to score 6 points for this TD great, have it in your rules and set it up on the scoring or do it manually. Otherwise it simply a case of "I don't think it should work that way, it is wrong" with no justification.

Score 3 points for the ST on a FG for all I care, but don't tell everybody tha is how it must/should be when its not how fantasy leagues and the NFL have been scoring it.

No doubt this will go on for another 4 pages or more as people rehash the same things.

Listen it doesn't really matter how you want to set up a league and score things. But absent a specific rule covering something, now the league site (and NFL usually the same) scores it is how you should treat it.

So if you want to score 6 points for this TD great, have it in your rules and set it up on the scoring or do it manually. Otherwise it simply a case of "I don't think it should work that way, it is wrong" with no justification.

Score 3 points for the ST on a FG for all I care, but don't tell everybody tha is how it must/should be when its not how fantasy leagues and the NFL have been scoring it.

No doubt this will go on for another 4 pages or more as people rehash the same things.

I can say whatever I want. Whether you choose to agree with it or not is on you.

I can say whatever I want. Whether you choose to agree with it or not is on you.

No doubt, I'm not an admin or censor here. Anybody can say what they want, but if it doesn't make sense they'll be told so.

You saying it also doesn't change how your league or any other treats it. Fact is unless your league identifies this as a ST TD, it won't be one. And if you do it that way, you're probably doing the scoring manually.

The difference in what scenarios? That's what you were saying in that post that you had issues with the quote feature. Your primary point has been, "We all know this is the FG unit on the field, which everyone knows is included in what people refer to as special teams. So, any scoring that gets done by that team should be awarded to the ST".

Except, apparently, if they actually execute the play that they most often run, a FG. You admit that your league doesn't award them that. Do you not see how this sort of torpedoes your whole deal?

When money is involved, you can't be wishy washy. You need rules and you need some justification for those rules. What I and many here, along with the default scoring for basically every FF site have is a pretty iron-clad, no BS. No "special teams get special teams pts except when they don't"

Edited by detlef

I will also again ask, for those that say this should be awarded to the special teams, what are you crediting them with: a passing touchdown, a receiving touchdown, passing yardage, receiving yardage, reception and completion? How are you deciding which acts that occurred you are crediting to the special teams fantasy unit and which you are ignoring?

Does the NFL even define a "special team"?

I checked through the rule book and could only find definitions for the offense and the defense, whereby the offense is defined as the team starting a play in possession of the ball and the defense is their opponent.

They must if they are breaking down the snaps that a player plays on offense vs special teams...see the last page: http://www.nflgsis.com/2012/Reg/02/55520/Gamebook.pdf

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/55520/GB_Gamebook.pdf

Page 15 of the Gamebook shows Green Bay with 2 offensive, 0 defensive and 0 Special Teams TDs (apparently the NFL does have a definition for special teams, and apparently they do not define what happened last night as a special teams play)

http://www.nfl.com/l...GB_Gamebook.pdf

Page 15 of the Gamebook shows Green Bay with 2 offensive, 0 defensive and 0 Special Teams TDs (apparently the NFL does have a definition for special teams, and apparently they do not define what happened last night as a special teams play)

just as an FYI, your link doesn't have the playtime percentages updated on it yet....but it will, probably tomorrow....the copy I linked to is from the official NFL media site but for some reason that info gets updated immediately there but not on NFL.com

No doubt, I'm not an admin or censor here. Anybody can say what they want, but if it doesn't make sense they'll be told so.

You saying it also doesn't change how your league or any other treats it. Fact is unless your league identifies this as a ST TD, it won't be one. And if you do it that way, you're probably doing the scoring manually.

I am merely a person expressing my opinion and sticking by it.

I will also again ask, for those that say this should be awarded to the special teams, what are you crediting them with: a passing touchdown, a receiving touchdown, passing yardage, receiving yardage, reception and completion? How are you deciding which acts that occurred you are crediting to the special teams fantasy unit and which you are ignoring?

Seriously?

And I don't mean that facetiously. Is that really a question? I'm guessing it isn't but rather that you're throwing that out there to try to make a point. In fantasy football, that would be a TD only for the special teams and I find your question to be pretty ridiculous if you were serious.

The difference in what scenarios? That's what you were saying in that post that you had issues with the quote feature. Your primary point has been, "We all know this is the FG unit on the field, which everyone knows is included in what people refer to as special teams. So, any scoring that gets done by that team should be awarded to the ST".

Except, apparently, if they actually execute the play that they most often run, a FG. You admit that your league doesn't award them that. Do you not see how this sort of torpedoes your whole deal?

When money is involved, you can't be wishy washy. You need rules and you need some justification for those rules. What I and many here, along with the default scoring for basically every FF site have is a pretty iron-clad, no BS. No "special teams get special teams pts except when they don't"

You admit that your league doesn't award them that. Do you not see how this sort of torpedoes your whole deal?

Honestly, no, I do not see how that torpedos anything. Not when you start with the assumption that it was a special teams play to begin with and you make exceptions for purposes of fantasy scoring from there.

Seriously?

And I don't mean that facetiously. Is that really a question? I'm guessing it isn't but rather that you're throwing that out there to try to make a point. In fantasy football, that would be a TD only for the special teams and I find your question to be pretty ridiculous if you were serious.

Yes, it is a serious question. What are you crediting the special teams unit with in this instance? Are you crediting them with a passing TD? Are you crediting them with a receiving TD? Are you crediting them with passing yardage? Are you crediting them with receiving yardage? Are you crediting them with a reception?

I ask because those are the acts that occurred on the play, so I am curious as to which of them you would be choosing to award to the special teams and which you would be choosing to ignore.

Yes, it is a serious question. What are you crediting the special teams unit with in this instance? Are you crediting them with a passing TD? Are you crediting them with a receiving TD? Are you crediting them with passing yardage? Are you crediting them with receiving yardage? Are you crediting them with a reception?

I ask because those are the acts that occurred on the play, so I am curious as to which of them you would be choosing to award to the special teams and which you would be choosing to ignore.

I answered - you just didn't like the answer apparently. TD only - just like I would ignore the yardage on a punt return. You're an intelligent guy from what I know of you. Should be pretty simple to figure out.

Edited by Cunning Runt