[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I haven't seen a beating like this........

Hugh 0ne

My dad used to say, "you can only poke the bear so many times before they bite you."

Agree with Rajn, dude had enough, probably over-reacted, could have just gave her an an open-handed slap across the face. But even that would have got him in trouble. I guess the RTA expects their drivers to take both physical and verbal abuse from their patrons.

Couldn't she be chagred with something, didn't she put the whole bus at risk by attacking him while they were driving.

So the unacceptable behavior and assault of the obnoxious woman is going to cost the long time employee his job because he lost his cool for a moment under high provocation. Society just sank another incremental step.

I see where you are coming from but I disagree. Regardless of this girls behavior he is:

A. An adult

B. A male

There are other ways he could have handled this. Regardless of what she was doing (short of life threatening, of course) he should not of hit her - especially like that.

I see where you are coming from but I disagree. Regardless of this girls behavior he is:

A. An adult

B. A male

There are other ways he could have handled this. Regardless of what she was doing (short of life threatening, of course) he should not of hit her - especially like that.

I love the double standard. Men should just take hits because we're so much stronger.

So by that logic, it's okay to punch a 6 year old kid that just decked you in the nuts.

I clearly remember at the age of 6 or 7 me popping my dad in the nuts and getting a swift back-hand across the head.

I'm guessing this video was either just recently released or went viral on the web. I watch the local news almost every night, and heard nothing about this until I read it here. Then a day or two later, it was on TV. The initial report from Fox8 was from Friday 10/12, but this happened several weeks before that (on 9/18).

They said officials with the bus company (RTA) were still investigating. The guy may have overreacted, but I disagree that they he should have taken the abuse (because he is an adult) and not hit the woman (because he is a man). She provoked him, both verbally and physically. She didn't pay, and then wouldn't get off the bus. He tried to call the police, and she knocked the phone out of his hand. Many on the bus stood up for him and said she had it coming.

Gotta side with cliaz on this one. Not that I give two craps about her and what sort of messes she'll continue to bring upon herself with the manner in which she acts. However, dude's gotta rise above. And not just because of the whole, "don't strike a woman" bit, because, at a point, you've got to do what you've got to do, man or woman.

But for all her insults and apparent physical attack (though I couldn't exactly see what she did), he certainly took it to the next level and needlessly so. Sure, dude shouldn't have to sit there and take it and, had he simply forcibly removed her from the bus, I think he'd be cool (though I fear that would have gotten him in trouble as well, and that is a shame). But just hauling off and decking her like that was him losing control.

Bus driver should have parked the bus, removed the key (presuming there is one), walked away from the bus with his cell phone caling his supervisor and then the cops.

I suspect had he announced he is not going anywhee until she leaves the bus, and that the cops are on thier way, that the woman would have left of her own accord, or that some passenger who was impatient to get to their destination would have removed the woman from the bus.

The bitch desearved a beat down, but unfortunately, in this world, it was not his place to do so.