[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

nice going superdome

whomper

I was too busy reading Huddle forums to notice what was going on.

ETA: Did anyone see what the reason was besides "We had an electrical overload", "we started generators" and "The NFL is working on it" um, doesnt that really translate to "the NFL is getting skilled workers who know what they are doing"

Edited by Joessfl

ETA: Did anyone see what the reason was besides "We had an electrical overload", "we started generators" and "The NFL is working on it" um, doesnt that really translate to "the NFL is getting skilled workers who know what they are doing"

One of the incoming power lines had some sort of surge and when the system detected the abnormality it automatically shut down to prevent damage . The system actually worked like it should have, it just took time to make sure they didn't have any more issues with bringing everything back fully online & it does take a while to get those lights back to being completely lit.

LINK
The cause of a 34-minute blackout at the Super Bowl remains under investigation, but public records show that Superdome officials were worried about a power outage several months before the big game.

An Oct. 15 memo released Monday by the Louisiana Stadium & Exposition District, which oversees the Superdome, says tests on the dome's electrical feeders showed they had "some decay and a chance of failure."

The memo also says 2011 blackouts that struck Candlestick Park, where the San Francisco 49ers were playing a nationally televised Monday night football game, was one reason for ordering the tests.

The state board later authorized spending nearly $1 million on Superdome improvements, including more than $600,000 for upgrading the dome's electrical feeder cable system.

Edited by keggerz

Good article thanks. chives happens and is unavoidable sometimes, many in the media and public were overreacting. If the NFL wanted to do away with the chance of a blackout at the SB they could just play outdoors during daylight hours. ;)

Or just play a game and not have some concert at the same time.

Or just play a game and not have some concert at the same time.

I'm all in favor of that. If I want to watch a concert I go to one or find on TV. I saved the recording on my DVR and watched Beyonce half time performance Monday. It was ok, she's easy on the eyes as they say, and the music isn't horrible. But its just a big distraction in the middle of the game, and honestly has nothing to do with football.

PS I still don't think there is any definitive word that the concert caused or contributed to this.