[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Smith to the Chiefs

WashingtonD

Looks like Glazer broke it on Twitter...deal can't be official until March 12

Jay Glazer@JayGlazer
    Deal has been agreed upon between Chiefs and 49ers. Compensation unclear but I'm told again Chiefs have made a clear commitment to Smith.

2. 49ers have completed a trade with the Chiefs for Alex Smith, tho can't be official til March 12. Chiefs really made a commitment to Smith

Curious, is the deal really official, can there be a signed agreement between the parties? Or is this just a solid rumor, and no official deal of any kind can exist.

If the deal isn't really official, what stops another team interested in Smith from offering SF more than they are reportedly getting fom KC?

Is this kind of psuedo-announcement common?

ETA

From a recent news item here at The Huddle

"The Kansas City Chiefs have reportedly completed a trade with the San Francisco 49ers for QB Alex Smith, although the deal will not be official until March 12. "

Based on that I'd say there is a signed agreement, how else do you complete a trade except to sign the papers. But if it is not official, how is it official (or completed, real, not undoable)?

Edited by stevegrab

Writing was on the wall. Thank you mr smith for your services. Kcc seems like a decent fit. Good rb and wr. He wont turn the ball over much. Not a franchise qb, but a good game manager. Going yo be hard to get passed den, but i can easily see them sitting 2nd in their div.

They paid a second round this year and a conditional next year that could be as high as second round.

I realize that there are not alot of QB's out there to pick up right now, but I think this is way to steep for a 29 year old, average QB. What's more is I can see KC trading off the first pick for more picks.

This is eerily reminiscent of Pioli making the Cassel trade. Im concerned that they will put all of the eggs in Smiths basket.

Seems reasonable for a very known quantity.

It seemed Smith handled the situation in San Fran with a lot of class and team first attitude (I could be out of loop though).

In fact between seeing Smith get traded to a place where he can start and Tom taking a lower valued contract from the Pats I thought we saw a lot of good stuff for QBs today.

It is weird how the Chiefs never draft a decent QB... Some stat like no drafted QB for KC has won a game in 20 years or something ridiculous. The biggest problem with importing the QB is that it means he'll only be around for four or five years if that. You don't get those long-term franchise guys like you see on all the cool teams.

It is weird how the Chiefs never draft a decent QB... Some stat like no drafted QB for KC has won a game in 20 years or something ridiculous. The biggest problem with importing the QB is that it means he'll only be around for four or five years if that. You don't get those long-term franchise guys like you see on all the cool teams.

Like Drew Brees and Peyton Manning?

Brees they took as a franchise back and very incorrectly gave up on him. They opted to make Rivers the franchise guy. Manning already played 13 seasons for the Colts and is already at the age most QBs have retired. They turned him out just like Joe Montana who played 13 years for the 49ers and then went to KC for his final two years - exact same age as Manning too. KC has not had a QB play for them for 5+ seasons since Bill Kenney (1981-1987). 25 years ago.

Dwayne Bowe just punched a hole in the bathroom door.

Is this a joke, or did he personally tweet you to let you know that his occurred ? He probably wanted to you to let Charlie Sheen & Meatloaf know, as the injured hand might drop him on the boards. :out:

Edited by Menudo

Is this a joke, or did he personally tweet you to let you know that his occurred ? He probably wanted to you to let Charlie Sheen & Meatloaf know, as the injured hand might drop him on the boards. :out:

Yeah I don't get it, why would the top WR on the team be upset that they got a better QB?

Yeah...he did so much for those guys in SF.

He was totally handcuffed in SF. Say what you will about Reid, he's not going to hold any QB back - ever. It's been long questioned whether he's been held back from being a much better QB or if he's a system guy that can only guide the ship as far as the crew can take it. We're about to find out.

You mean like reach the NFC Conference Championship game after the 2011 season? Yeah, what a horrible year.

Ummmm..last time I checked, we were talking FANTASY FOOTBALL. I could give a rats ass about real football implications right now.

• Like 1

:lol: Guilty as charged but even the most novice FF player can read between the lines. God its getting harder and harder on this board to make a statement without having to explain it. Ugh!!!!

I don't remember people ever being able to get away with a bold statement not backed by some sort of facts

• Like 1

I don't remember people ever being able to get away with a bold statement not backed by some sort of facts

That's not what I'm talking about. People cannot read between the lines here anymore. You have to explain yourself more often than not. It's getting rather old and I'm super close to giving up. Not that anybody gives a chit :lol:

Dwayne Bowe just punched a hole in the bathroom door.

Yeah I don't get it, why would the top WR on the team be upset that they got a better QB?

Yeah...he did so much for those guys in SF.

You mean like reach the NFC Conference Championship game after the 2011 season? Yeah, what a horrible year.

Ummmm..last time I checked, we were talking FANTASY FOOTBALL. I could give a rats ass about real football implications right now.

honestly didn't sound like you were talking FF here taz. why would bowe punch a hole in the wall? did he have alex smith as his ff qb or something?

• Like 3