[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Smith to the Chiefs

WashingtonD

Well, which is it? You inferred that bowe is pissed (about kcc committing to smith vs another vet or rookie) but then say you are only talking ff not nfl. I didn't see you mention your thoughts on either bowe's or smith's projected numbers.

honestly didn't sound like you were talking FF here taz. why would bowe punch a hole in the wall? did he have alex smith as his ff qb or something?

Exactly, don't say he did nothing for those guys in SF then when I point out the conf champ game fall back to "I was talking about FF." Well if you were, you were not making much sense.

Can't help that you have trouble saying what you mean, this isn't twitter, there's plenty of room to make a clear statement.

Can't believe you lasted for 17,000 posts if this is going to run you off.

Nothing is gonna run me off. I guess I just have to be more "specific" when I post. Annoying but nothing about this place should surprise me anymore.

Nothing is gonna run me off. I guess I just have to be more "specific" when I post. Annoying but nothing about this place should surprise me anymore.

Not sure why your panties are all wadded up. It was a dumb comment for real football and fantasy football.

Real spin- Smith makes the team better and Reid throws the ball. A lot. If Bowe wants the ball, he's gonna get it

Fantasy- Smith is better than Cassel and likely any other option they would have had this year. Reid throws the ball. A lot. If Bowe wants the ball, he's gonna get it

What did I misinterpret and why is D-Bowe mad? He'd rather have Cassel?

• Like 2

Not sure why your panties are all wadded up. It was a dumb comment for real football and fantasy football.

Real spin- Smith makes the team better and Reid throws the ball. A lot. If Bowe wants the ball, he's gonna get it

Fantasy- Smith is better than Cassel and likely any other option they would have had this year. Reid throws the ball. A lot. If Bowe wants the ball, he's gonna get it

I dont think Bowe cares about getting the ball more. He just wants a high paying, long term contract.

:lol: I really don't care to honest with ya.

Please stop making sense. Thanks.

I don't think Smith is going to set the world on fire, but he'll certainly improve Bowe's stock and as a Charles owner in a dynasty league, I'm happy. Smith is a heady QB who will get the playmakers the ball. Add in Reid's tendencies and I think the Chiefs' offense take a big step forward. I mean, it can't get much worse. :unsure:

KC has not had a QB play for them for 5+ seasons since Bill Kenney (1981-1987). 25 years ago.

Wow what a stat.

I think this guy nailed it: http://www.walterfoo...ts2013recap.php

Smith is a so-so QB who Harbaugh squeezed every drop out of. He might be OK, but Reid won't do the same. The most they are likely to do is be an OK team with him and ultimately just set them back X more years. IMO they should have taken a shot with the best left in the 2d round this year.

Edited by BeeR

Wow what a stat.

Smith is a so-so QB who Harbaugh squeezed every drop out of. He might be OK, but Reid won't do the same. The most they are likely to do is be an OK team with him and ultimately just set them back X more years. IMO they should have taken a shot with the best left in the 2d round this year.

Who's to say they won't still do this? I mean, they'll probably start Smith until he flops, gets hurt, or the Chiefs are totally out of it. I think they'll still take a QB in the first few rounds.

Edit: decided to turn those stats into a quick blog post:

http://fullimpactfoo...ats-to-chew-on/

While it isn’t “official” yet the San Francisco 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs will be able to complete the deal once the new NFL season starts on March 12th.

Just because the deal isn’t official yet doesn’t mean that Kansas City fans and fantasy players aren’t wondering exactly what this trade means for Smith and the Chiefs.

In short, what I think is that Smith should put the Chiefs in the race for a wild card this year. Fantasy wise I think it makes Smith a QB that will outproduce just about everyone’s expectations — in fantasy drafts he will be a great late round quarterback.

I know that JJ Zachariason has to love the last three words of the previous sentence. After all, he owns a website called “The Late Round Quarterback” as well as an e-book of the same name that is available for purchase on his site.

Now for some stats to chew on.

During Andy Reid’s 14 years as head coach in Philadelphia his quarterbacks averaged 556 passes/season.

Over the last 4 yrs Eagles quarterbacks averaged 571.5 passes/season. That includes 618 passes last year — an outlier. Take those 618 passes away and the average drops back to 556.

Full Impact — Fantasy: If Reid has Smith put the ball in the air close to 550 times there will be sleeper quarterback value for astute fantasy players.

Full Impact — NFL: Clearly an improved passing attack is coming to Kansas City. Additionally realize that Chiefs quarterbacks turned the ball over 27 times in 2012. Alex Smith has 25 turnovers in his last three seasons combined.

Under Andy Reid, Donovan McNabb had a completion percentage of 59. Don’t forget that McNabb was notorious for throwing at receivers’ feet. Alex Smith’s career completion percentage is 59.3. The last two years his completion percentage is five points higher at 64.3.

Full Impact — Fantasy: Smith looks like a great fit for Reid’s offense. He should be able to keep his completion percentage in the 64 range and that will help him be a more consistent fantasy producer.

Full Impact — NFL: Chiefs quarterbacks combined to have a completion percentage of 57.4 last year. An increased completion percentage by Smith should extend drives which will not only help the offense be more effective but should also help the defense by decreasing the time that they are on the field.

Over the last four seasons Andy Reid’s quarterbacks have completed 22.8 percent of their passes (78.5/season) to running backs. From 2001-2004 — when the Eagles made it to four consecutive conference championships and one Super Bowl — Reid’s quarterbacks completed 31.6 percent of their passes (97.5/season) to running backs. Smith completed 7.6 percent of his passes to running backs in 2011 (34 total). In 2012 he completed 15.9 percent to running backs (23 total in his first 8 games started). That extrapolates to 46/season.

Full Impact — Fantasy: This is absolutely great news for Jamaal Charles, especially in PPR leagues. Charles probably tops out carries wise at 250-275 but look for him to be in the neighborhood of 70 receptions. At this point Charles is in my top 3 at RB and I am giving strong consideration to moving him to number one overall. Dexter McCluster could also have sneaky value with Reid at the helm.

Full Impact — NFL: When you can get the ball in the hands of a player like Jamaal Charles — member of the 2012 NFL All-Pro team — 320-340 times good things are going to happen. The Chiefs offense should improve leaps and bounds from their 24th offensive ranking in 2012.

Donovan McNabb had a career 6.9 YPA (Yards Per Attempt) with the Eagles.

Alex Smith’s career YPA is 6.6, however, over the last two years it’s 7.4.

Full Impact — Fantasy: If Smith can achieve a 7.0 YPA with Reid then your looking at him approaching 4000 yards passing (550 * 6.6=3630, 550 * 7=3850, 550 * 7.4=4070…I think he falls between 7-7.4).

Full Impact — NFL: I think that with Smith under center we see Reid’s offense look much more like it did with McNabb under center than what it did the past three seasons.

Hopefully you enjoyed this little stat snack.

Follow me on twitter @IDPSteve & if you have any questions please feel free to email me at gallo@thehuddle.com

Edited by keggerz
  • Like 1

A few stats to chew on:

Reid's QBs averaged 556 passes/yr during his 14 yrs

Over the last 4 yrs they averaged 571.5 but that includes 618 times last year...take those 618 out and the average sits at 556.

McNabb had a completion % under Reid of 59%

Smith's career completion % is 59.3%...The last two years it sits at 64.3%...McNabb was notorious for throwing the ball at receivers feet too...I think we see Smith hit 64% and wouldn't surprised if it was a bit higher.

Reid's QBs completed ~23% of their passes(78.5/season) to RBs the past 4 yrs...From 2001-2004 (their hey day) it was ~32%of their passes(97.5/season)

Smith completed 7.6% of his passes to RBs in 2011 (34 total). In 2012 it was 15.9%...23 total(1st 8 games started)...extrapolates to 46/season. GREAT NEWS for Jamaal Charles (At this point Charles is in my top 3 at RB and might be #1 overall)

McNabb had a 6.9 YPA(Yards/Attempt) with Reid.

Smith's career YPA is 6.6..the last two years it's 7.4

If Smith can hit 7.0 with Reid then your looking at him approaching 4000 yards (550 * 6.6=3630, 550 * 7=3850, 550 * 7.4=4070...I think he falls between 7-7.4)

I agree. I think Smith will surprise a lot of folks this year fantasy-wise due to Reid's high passing offense.

Dwayne Bowe just punched a hole in the bathroom door.

So basically this statement was some sort of joke or attempt at humor, not anchored in any sort of fact (real or fantasy football)

Yeah...he did so much for those guys in SF.

Then this was supposed to be about fantasy football not real football, even though it talks about "those guys in SF" supposedly his 49er teammates.

Is this some sort of famous new dance, maybe back-taz-step.

Don't understand why you're mad at us for pointing out the flaws in what you said. Maybe you prefer the new celebrity status you have on twitter where nobody questions what you say.

Wow what a stat.

Personally, I think it's the opposite. I think he's a better than advertised QB that Harbaugh held back. He's probably not going to carry a team all by himself, but I can see him being a Flacco-type guy, one that can certainly contribute to the effort and be a big part of the why, rather than just a guy that hands off to Gore and trusts the D not to screw it up.

Personally, I think it's the opposite. I think he's a better than advertised QB that Harbaugh held back.

:what: Because-?

He's probably not going to carry a team all by himself, but
No probably's or but's about it. He absolutely cannot carry a team. Granted with KC he doesn't need to, but I don't see him getting them much further than an early-round playoff exit. Course anything's possible......