[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas will beat Denver this week

whomper

Well if you wanna go that route, historically Tony Romo is way better than Aaron Rodgers at winning when his team is behind coming into the 4th quarter.

Aaron Rodgers is something around 11-37 and Romo is something like 34-30

A couple of items on this post:

1) First and foremost, I thought it was the QBs job to be in a position where they don't need to comeback in the 4th quarter to win a game. Rodgers' QB rating of 105.0 to Romo's 96.6, his career W pct of 65.9% vs Romo's 58.1%, and his postseason record of 5-3 in 5 yrs as a starter vs Romo's 1-3 playoff record in 7 yrs as a starter all make me wonder why you'd choose Rodgers as a point in comparison, knowing full well in anything other than some perverse fantasy world that Romo will be well shaded in the comparison.

2) I guess this probably answers the question asked in pt 1) when you assert that Rodgers is 11-37 in 4th quarter comeback scenarios, when in fact his overall record as a starter in the regular season is 54-28. I guess counting and statistics isn't really your strong suit.

Both performances were valiant. I'm thankful for the show they put on and can only hope there are games of that caliber moving forward this year. Both teams played with heart and it showed. I don't think any Cowboys fan has anything to be ashamed about.

Both performances were valiant. I'm thankful for the show they put on and can only hope there are games of that caliber moving forward this year. Both teams played with heart and it showed. I don't think any Cowboys fan has anything to be ashamed about.

You mean other than being a Cowboys fan?

coming back here only as a troll is pretty weak sauce...

I still post here from time to time and I wasn't trolling. You coming to his rescue and being so sensitive adds to the predictable posts in this forum. Some things never change.

I still post here from time to time and I wasn't trolling. You coming to his rescue and being so sensitive adds to the predictable posts in this forum. Some things never change.

You know Menudo, your steelers are looking like quite the stellar bunch. What got tired of writing about how bad the Steelers suck so you thought you would come over slum a bit. Well, you won't find the Cowboys slummin. Only your Steelers.

Great game, very exciting and entertaining. Like many I didn't give the Cowboys a chance, and thought Whomper was crazy. They did realize early that scoring a ton was the key and seemed to be throwing it all over trying to do that. But that interception did kill them in the end. Great effort up to that point, and cannot take the 500yd/5TD performance away from Romo, but an interception to give it away when you were moving to take the win will stick with him (whether some consider it fair or not).

PS Hilarious that Menudo is in here talking trash, with his Steelers still winless and in last place behind the other 3 teams in the division tied at 3-2. Oh well maybe they get to play the Jags this year and get a win. (Cue the "how many Super Bowl wins to the Browns have talk, and now only SB wins matter [even ones from 40 years ago], not any championships before that.)

A couple of items on this post:

1) First and foremost, I thought it was the QBs job to be in a position where they don't need to comeback in the 4th quarter to win a game. Rodgers' QB rating of 105.0 to Romo's 96.6, his career W pct of 65.9% vs Romo's 58.1%, and his postseason record of 5-3 in 5 yrs as a starter vs Romo's 1-3 playoff record in 7 yrs as a starter all make me wonder why you'd choose Rodgers as a point in comparison, knowing full well in anything other than some perverse fantasy world that Romo will be well shaded in the comparison.

2) I guess this probably answers the question asked in pt 1) when you assert that Rodgers is 11-37 in 4th quarter comeback scenarios, when in fact his overall record as a starter in the regular season is 54-28. I guess counting and statistics isn't really your strong suit.

Whoa there this isn't meant to be a Rodgers vs. Romo comparison. Obviously Rodgers is the better QB. The things you point out have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the conversation I was having with him. I was just pointing out that Romo's 4th quarter performances aren't nearly as bad as he thought.

Edited by Ron677

I will say three things:

1. Romo's issue is not just having no rings, his issue is also never winning playoff games. The guy has 1 playoff win in his career. That is bad. It isn't like he has won a few playoff games but never got over that SB winning hump. 1 playoff win on a team most people say every year has talent, whether you agree or not it is said, is not good for him.

2. I think it is very difficult to argue that Romo is a clutch QB or that he doesn't have at least some issue in big clutch spots. He has too many failing moments in the big spot to argue anything else IMO.

3. With that said, I think Romo is a very good NFL QB. A winning NFL QB. In may ways underrated because of 1 and 2. He just needs to overcome this issue he has late in games/in big spots. But even with that issue, Romo is still a very good top level NFL QB IMO. After the big 4, he is in the conversation with anyone I believe.

I agree completely!

Whoa there this isn't meant to be a Rodgers vs. Romo comparison. Obviously Rodgers is the better QB. The things you point out have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the conversation I was having with him. I was just pointing out that Romo's 4th quarter performances aren't nearly as bad as he thought.

:huh:

:lol:

You guys should all send the bets to an impartial 3rd party (like a mod on here or something) just to make sure nobody welches.

If any of the previous 3 are unwilling to do that, then please hit me up...I would happily do so.

Damn. Wish I could have been 3rd poster instead of 4th...

Still, damn fun game to watch, and close as hell to pulling it off! I am quite sure that Dallas at least covered the point spread, so if you were betting in Vegas, you would have won.

I think the stat to put out there regarding Romo in the 4th quarter is that he has the highest qb rating of anyone in the 4th quarter.

I am not a Cowboys fan, but I cringe every time he throws one of his game-killing picks, because that's all anyone ever remembers. He came as close to anyone to outgunning Peyton in the last dozen games, but he supposedly sucks because of that one pick.

Hell, he can throw a fourth quarter game-killing pick every week as long as he gets me 400 plus yards and three plus tds every week. :wink:

Edited by Tripleshot

next time you drop by..which we all know will be the next time Dallas loses a "big" game, why don't you also write us a poem about how great the Steelers are?

next time you drop by..which we all know will be the next time Dallas loses a "big" game, why don't you also write us a poem about how great the Steelers are?

:rofl:

Here, let me start..

Hickory dickory dock.

The Steelers suck..... badly.

• Like 1

:rofl:

Here, let me start..

Hickory dickory dock.

The Steelers suck..... badly.

Truly you missed your true calling. We'll chalk it up to boys didn't write poetry back when you were a kid, but now it's stylish and ok to be sensitive. Your second career calls. Take wing!

(Actually, a poetry or parody-themed weekly fantasy article would be hilarious. New idea for The Huddle?)

Truly you missed your true calling. We'll chalk it up to boys didn't write poetry back when you were a kid, but now it's stylish and ok to be sensitive. Your second career calls. Take wing!

(Actually, a poetry or parody-themed weekly fantasy article would be hilarious. New idea for The Huddle?)

You missed out on Menudo's poetry days.

Late to this thread - darn work schedule.

I tip my cap to the Cowboys for attacking the Broncos and not backing down. They played a good game offensively. I will not pour on Romo any more than already has. I was a little surprised that when he tripped on the OL leg, he did not pull the ball down instead of opting to throw the ball while losing strength. Regardless it was a great defensive play but if Romo was able to make a full step and put some zip on the ball, it would have had a better chance of being completed. The way Romo was throwing I would not have been surprised had it been a completion.

Regardless, it was a really fun game to watch and washed the awful taste out of my mouth after watching the Giants game.