[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julio Jones Done For Year?

DaFreak

Per rotoworld:

FOX's Jay Glazer reports the Falcons "fear" Julio Jones will miss the rest of the season with a foot injury.

Per Glazer, the Falcons' "initial determination" is that Jones is done, but are waiting for him to get a second opinion on Wednesday. They are "not optimistic," however.

It's a crushing blow to a team that was already on the brink, and an absolute shame for a player who is second in the NFL in receiving through five weeks with 580 yards. If Jones is indeed done, it leaves the Falcons with a breaking down Roddy White and Harry Douglas at receiver.

For all intents and purposes, their season is over. Fantasy owners can pounce on Douglas, but are best off looking elsewhere to "replace" their irreplaceable No. 1 receiver.

And White left the game last night with a hammy.

Holy crap. I foretold my own doom in the column this week. I freaking knew it. Simply amazing.

So Julio owners, do we dare try and trade him quickly to an owner who may not have noticed this?

If you do, I hope the condition is misdiagnosed and Jones returns at full strength in a couple of weeks.

In the real world, knowingly selling a defective product is a crime. In FF I guess it makes some people feel great to rip off others.

• Like 1

I have been holding onto Harry Douglas and really feel happy I did. If the rumors are true and the Browns are offering up Josh Gordon for a second round pick, Atlanta is a possible destination even if they are ready to stick a fork in the season. As a Josh Gordon owner I'd love this.

So Julio owners, do we dare try and trade him quickly to an owner who may not have noticed this?

That karma thing will kick you in the ass if you do.

If you do, I hope the condition is misdiagnosed and Jones returns at full strength in a couple of weeks.

In the real world, knowingly selling a defective product is a crime. In FF I guess it makes some people feel great to rip off others.

Bad juju.

That karma thing will kick you in the ass if you do.

I don't disagree with any of you at all. Was just curious if anyone had thought about it.

A few thoughts....

Sucks for Jones (seems like good guy, and an absolute beast on the field).

The chances of the second opinion coming back positive (as in "good") are almost zero. I can't remember too many similar situations where someone gets a first opinion that they're done for the year, then gets a second opinion that is contradictory. He's as good as done (for this year).

I've been burned by Douglas before, but he's been better recently, when he's had the opportunity. I don't think he's worth doing anything crazy, but if he's available and I need WR help in a medium/deep league, I'd be comfortable picking him up.

Doesn't change much for White, fantasy-wise, in my opinion. He's still hurt, but if/when he gets healthy, he's a PPR beast with Matt Ryan throwing to him. The key is if/when does he get healthy.

Doesn't change much for ATL's playoff chances, either. In other words, their chance at making the post-season just went from 10% to 1% (wasn't very good, either way). You don't make the playoffs, starting 1-4, with no defense (someone needs to clue the Vikings into this as well).

I would love to see Gonzo get traded... maybe even back to KC. Probably won't happen, but you never know.

Damn... The one league where I have Jones is a dynasty league that I joined this summer. Roster looked loaded on offense at the time. I've now lost Aaron Hernandez, Percy Harvin, Shane Vereen, and Jones. Might be time to rebuild/re-group for next year. Ugh.