[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL stories not worth their own thread - post them

MustOfBeenDrunk

Good for him, loved watching him do those tricks. Amazing stuff, not sure how her can make that accuracy work in the NFL if he doesn't have the rest of the package to run an offense.

Sean Lee busted up his left knee to some unknown extent in first OTA per USAToday.

http://q.usatoday.com/2014/05/27/sean-lee-cowboys-ota/

You've got to be f*¡€¥»*%ing kidding me. Mr. Glass at it again!

Good for him, loved watching him do those tricks. Amazing stuff, not sure how her can make that accuracy work in the NFL if he doesn't have the rest of the package to run an offense.

You've got to be f*¡€¥»*%ing kidding me. Mr. Glass at it again!

I know, look like ACL in left knee. I can't believe this crap. WhY why can't any of these guys stay healthy. 1st practice of the year and our most important player on defense goes down. Time to find someone to exercise the injury curse on this team. I am so sick of this crap. Man I am so disgusted.

I know, look like ACL in left knee. I can't believe this crap. WhY why can't any of these guys stay healthy. 1st practice of the year and our most important player on defense goes down. Time to find someone to exercise the injury curse on this team. I am so sick of this crap. Man I am so disgusted.

You and other Cowboys fans should seriously consider sacrificing a virgin to the NFL gods. You could probably even trick Taz into volunteering. :wink:

• Like 1

Unbelievable!!!! Now what?!? So depressing as a cowboys' fan seeing this.

You guys, this is obvious. Lee's a good player, but a complete bust from a health standpoint. Even with him, the D was not going to be much better this season. It was going to happen anyhow, so better now than mid-stream.

Edited by CowboysDiehard

From RotoWorld

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports contract-year QB Alex Smith is asking the Chiefs for "top-tier" quarterback money in an extension.

Hence the reason contract talks are "going nowhere," according to multiple reports. The Bears recently gave Jay Cutler an annual average of $18.1 million, and Smith is both younger and coming off of a better 2013 season than Cutler, all things considered. The National Football Post's Jason Cole tweeted Wednesday that Smith "wanted a deal above Jay Cutler" in January, and Cole "can't imagine that has changed." The Chiefs would be smart to let Smith play one more season under Andy Reid before breaking the bank to keep him. If Smith takes another big step forward, the franchise tag could come into play.

Seriously, Smith wanting that much money is crazy. It was painful to watch him throw a ball more then 10 yards last season. Yet teams keep considering and/or paying big money for game managers at their ceilings. Players like Flacco and Smith are not worth it.

From RotoWorld

Seriously, Smith wanting that much money is crazy. It was painful to watch him throw a ball more then 10 yards last season. Yet teams keep considering and/or paying big money for game managers at their ceilings. Players like Flacco and Smith are not worth it.

There's an article on NFL.com I was just reading which says the Chefs are open using the franchise tag on him next year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000353892/article/alex-smith-chiefs-headed-for-the-franchise-tag

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000353724/article/what-we-learned-from-tuesdays-otas

Some things I found interesting in a "what we learned" article over on NFL.com.

6. Among the surprise punt returners were Raiders running back Maurice Jones-Drew and SeahawksAll-Pro safety Earl Thomas. Seattle coach Pete Carroll also mentioned Percy Harvin and Richard Sherman as candidates for the kamikaze job.

I hope this is true. I'd love to see Sherman get his big head lit up.

12. The Raiders continue to insist their roster is playoff-caliber and Matt Schaub is a top-10 NFL quarterback.

:rofl:

• Like 1

With the 2014 season that will be 17 games played (31 missed) in the last 3 years for Lee, and he didn't play every game the first 2 years. Good thing Jerry only gave him an extension thourh 2019.

JJ is a moron no doubt, however, they covered themselves with Lee's contract to some degree as a good deal of the monies are only guaranteed if he played a high percentage of the season. Which he hasn't and won't for at least this season.

You guys, this is obvious. Lee's a good player, but a complete bust from a health standpoint. Even with him, the D was not going to be much better this season. It was going to happen anyhow, so better now than mid-stream.

True to some degree as even though he's a great defender when healthy and our defensive leader, he hasn't been able to stay healthy at all. Let's see what 4th rounder Hitchens can do and maybe Dallas even signs Fletcher.

From RotoWorld

Agree. But at least Flacco can chuck it 60 yds. Doesn't change the fact that he's grossly overpaid, but Smith is crazy wanting an "above Cutler" deal.

True to some degree as even though he's a great defender when healthy and our defensive leader, he hasn't been able to stay healthy at all. Let's see what 4th rounder Hitchens can do and maybe Dallas even signs Fletcher.

He hasn't finished a full season yet, and was injured the last two years of his college career. Therefore, he likely cannot be counted on ever to make it healthy into the playoffs (should Dallas ever get back during his career). Given recent trends, if he cannot make it to Week 17, Dallas cannot get into 'the tournament' if they are relying on him to keep the defense at least relevant.

My point is they should have cut bait, and found someone who can give them reliability at the position before signing him long term. But they cannot, because JJ yet again put himself behind the salary cap 8-ball with him (through 2019).

No love for Holloman huh? I see him as a guy who could become a playmaker at MLB. I actually drafted him where I could last year assuming that Lee would be hurt often enough for him to get a shot there.

No love for Holloman huh? I see him as a guy who could become a playmaker at MLB. I actually drafted him where I could last year assuming that Lee would be hurt often enough for him to get a shot there.

No, you're certainly correct. I do like Holloman and he has played well, so I'm sure he'll be given much consideration as well. The choice will come down to Holloman, Durant and Hitchens and like I said, they could chase after a veteran FA, like Fletcher or maybe even a guy like Vilma or Henderson. With how I think this season will go, they are better off seeing what they have on the roster already, cause I highly doubt the Cowboys sniff the playoffs and our record will most likely fall below the seasonal .500 avg. I could see this team finishing with 5 or 6 wins. Our defense is going to be a wreck.

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

No, you're certainly correct. I do like Holloman and he has played well, so I'm sure he'll be given much consideration as well. The choice will come down to Holloman, Durant and Hitchens and like I said, they could chase after a veteran FA, like Fletcher or maybe even a guy like Vilma or Henderson. With how I think this season will go, they are better off seeing what they have on the roster already, cause I highly doubt the Cowboys sniff the playoffs and our record will most likely fall below the seasonal .500 avg. I could see this team finishing with 5 or 6 wins. Our defense is going to be a wreck.

If I'm the Cowboys, I'm hoping it's one of the two young and cheap guys. They aren't in a situation talent wise or cap wise to being going after vets.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Holloman too. Need to get that jersey (we share the last name, but the resemblance is a little off...at least in the muscle department).

LMAO!

Wow...did not see that coming. Flowers is pretty damn good at what he does. He's not your big physical press man corner, but he is a great piece of a zone coverage or a slot corner.

Wow...did not see that coming. Flowers is pretty damn good at what he does. He's not your big physical press man corner, but he is a great piece of a zone coverage or a slot corner.

Someone will most certainly sign him.