[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys KoolAid, Who wants a cup?

Cowboyz1

You know what makes sense... for the Cowboys to trade for Kirk Cousins right now. Cousins is a very good QB, and with that front line, WRs and RB's, how many QB's would flourish? The Cowboys are one sack away from disaster. Think Weeden is the answer?

Edited by Thews40

You know what makes sense... for the Cowboys to trade for Kirk Cousins right now. Cousins is a very good QB, and with that front line, WRs and RB's, how many QB's would flourish? The Cowboys are one sack away from disaster. Think Weeden is the answer?

No way, Cousins is way to wet behind the ears for this offense. Weeden can do just find with time, that he has never had, with a running game which he has never had and wide recievers that he has never had. He has a very strong arm can make all the throws and can drive the bus just fine if need be. Not worried about it. El Matador will be just fine. His back is getting stronger every week that goes by.

Hi,

I am getting excited about the cowboys adventures and the optimistic endeavors of their fans.

But let me offer this

Niners 4-3

Titans 2-5

Rams 2-4

Saints 2-4

Texans 3-4

Seahawks 3-3

Giants 3-4

There is one team there above 500 and they lost that one. Because of their lack of play last season and fortuitous schedule this season the boys will make the playoffs going 10-6 (maybe 11-5) and lose in the first round when then face real competition. At that point we will see the yearly "I have lost faith in slip and the boys" annual post and the next season will fare hard for the cowboys as they face some real competition.

Another note is that everyone is hyped on the defense, but in actually if you look at the numbers from 2013 is it not that much better. They just spend less time on the field, but the cowboy d still yields a 6.1 average yards per play (ranked 27 I think) and when the playoffs come that is what will be their downfall, plus the fact they can not get to the quarterback being in the bottom three of the league.

Just food for thought as you write your weekly report. Have a good day.

Hi,

I am getting excited about the cowboys adventures and the optimistic endeavors of their fans.

But let me offer this

Niners 4-3

Titans 2-5

Rams 2-4

Saints 2-4

Texans 3-4

Seahawks 3-3

Giants 3-4

There is one team there above 500 and they lost that one. Because of their lack of play last season and fortuitous schedule this season the boys will make the playoffs going 10-6 (maybe 11-5) and lose in the first round when then face real competition. At that point we will see the yearly "I have lost faith in slip and the boys" annual post and the next season will fare hard for the cowboys as they face some real competition.

Another note is that everyone is hyped on the defense, but in actually if you look at the numbers from 2013 is it not that much better. They just spend less time on the field, but the cowboy d still yields a 6.1 average yards per play (ranked 27 I think) and when the playoffs come that is what will be their downfall, plus the fact they can not get to the quarterback being in the bottom three of the league.

Just food for thought as you write your weekly report. Have a good day.

All very nice and tidy. No doubt there is still a lot of work to do. But 6-1 is 6-1 no matter who you're playing. Last year Eli killed us and their record sucked. Last year Washington played us close and they were 2-14. Last year we got stomped by Seattle and don't count them out. Sounds like they had a mutiny to quell before take off after the Harvin trade. Moreover, teams are 1-5 after playing us the week prior and we added a loss to each one on that list. Oh and those same upstart Rams that had us down 21 points, we came back and beat them. Yes, this defense has holes. Yes they will need to get better if they want to beat elite teams. But they have an entire second half of the season to do it in. Our 1st round pick is coming on line in a week, Brent is on his way back. Remember this defense has only played together for 6 weeks and a training camp. There is still plenty of room for improvement. Well see, we shall most certainly see in a few more weeks.

Edited by Cowboyz1

It's kind of November eve right...

:o

Not really, if Murray doesn't fumble this game is won handley. 14-3 is totally different then 7-3. They had the chance to control both the score the game and the emotions of the Skins. They did neither and gave the Skins a shot in the arm of confidence by letting them stay close. Just one of those games that we all new was coming. I just thought it was going to be Arizona or dare I say, Jags.

Cowboyz1 - "Drink up, it's still good!"

Grits - "Spit, don't swallow"

Not in the least bit worried. Not many QB's are going to complete 83%. I also don't see teams using the zero Blitz on practically every down without getting beat. Haslett has always schemed us well. It was bound to happen at some point this season where we play flat and make more mistakes then we can overcome. We'll see next week. I suspect we bounce back next week. I also liked what we saw from Weeden.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Not in the least bit worried. Not many QB's are going to complete 83%. I also don't see teams using the zero Blitz on practically every down without getting beat. Haslett has always schemed us well. It was bound to happen at some point this season where we play flat and make more mistakes then we can overcome. We'll see next week. I suspect we bounce back next week. I also liked what we saw from Weeden.

In the past 2 decades the Cowboys "have played flat" the whole second half of the season, why is this season any different than their demonstrated long-standing track record?

In the past 2 decades the Cowboys "have played flat" the whole second half of the season, why is this season any different than their demonstrated long-standing track record?

Murray's 1000+ yards 8 games into the season with 8 straight 100+ yard games with a fumble that finally cost us a game yes, but like I said. This game was bound to happen sooner or later. I will panic when and if we lose next week and get almost beat by the Jags. If we win next week and again in London going into the bye, this game will be forgotten. I hate losing to the skins but I am not at all ready to push the panic button yet. 20-17 with a chance to win in overtime against your arch rival is not so much a concern as Durant going down for the season and Leary pulling a groin to make that two of the 5 starters on this dominate O line down.

Edited by Cowboyz1

With Romo's back issue and Washington's success, you don't think teams will be coming after Romo hard, heavy and VERY often? You truly are drinking the koolaid, aren't you? :unsure:

With Romo's back issue and Washington's success, you don't think teams will be coming after Romo hard, heavy and VERY often? You truly are drinking the koolaid, aren't you? :unsure:

We'll see but I bet if Arizona tries to same thing you see an entirely different outcome. I just could not understand why they didn't use max protect enough at all. I just don't get that. Where was the 23 personnel and pound them. Or 12 personnel with Witten or Dez one on one. Linehan had a very bad game play calling. They only max protected 3 times the entire game. 3 TIMES.

Edited by Cowboyz1

We'll see but I bet if Arizona tries to same thing you see an entirely different outcome. I just could not understand why they didn't use max protect enough at all. I just don't get that. Where was the 23 personnel and pound them. Or 12 personnel with Witten or Dez one on one. Linehan had a very bad game play calling. They only max protected 3 times the entire game. 3 TIMES.

If Romo doesn't have his mobility then he is toast. If he has back pain & can't drive the ball down field then he is toast. If opposing defenses know this and put everyone on the line then both he & Murray are toast.

Murray's 1000+ yards 8 games into the season with 8 straight 100+ yard games with a fumble that finally cost us a game yes, but like I said. This game was bound to happen sooner or later. I will panic when and if we lose next week and get almost beat by the Jags. If we win next week and again in London going into the bye, this game will be forgotten. I hate losing to the skins but I am not at all ready to push the panic button yet. 20-17 with a chance to win in overtime against your arch rival is not so much a concern as Durant going down for the season and Leary pulling a groin to make that two of the 5 starters on this dominate O line down.

So Murray is going to magically stop fumbling the ball? When is that going to happen?

Quick review:

SF (4-3) owned us week 1

Dallas barely managed to defeat a poor Tennessee team (2-6)

Dallas got lucky with 4th quarter heroics to defeat a poor St. Louis (2-5) team

Dallas dominated a horrible New Orleans (3-4) team

Dallas barely defeated a bad Houston (4-4) team

Dallas defeated what appears to be an overrated Seattle (4-3) team

Dallas defeats an inconsistent Giants (3-4) team in a game closer than the score

Dallas lays down for a horrible Washington (3-5) team

Dallas is damn lucky they aren't 4-4 or worse. But you just want to hang your hat on the effectiveness of the running game. Cowboys have a long tradition of finding ways to lose games in the 2nd half of the season NO MATTER HOW STRONG THE START TO THE SEASON. Now you are explaining away this particular loss as "they were bound to play flat sooner or later". I agree .. except that history demonstrates that in the 2nd half of the season they play the MAJORITY of their games flat.

They will be lucky to defeat Arizona next week.

They should defeat Jacksonville, but they should have defeated Washington.

When was the last time Dallas swept the Giants?

Chicago is imploding so that game is hard to predict.

They will be lucky to defeat Philadelphia and certainly will not sweep them.

They will not defeat Indy.

I read that as 4 losses or more on the remaining schedule.

Edited by Grits and Shins

Keep the faith Cowboyz1, don't let the haters get to you ;)

Seriously divisional games are always tough, toss out the records type games. Sure nobody saw them losing, but nobody expected the Seahawks to have lost 3 games already either, not after their opener.

Still a half a season to go. Still about a 90% chance that DAL wins the East (not going to be WAS or NYG).

Sure if Romo is out long term they are in trouble. But that goes for almost every contending team in the NFL.

Keep the faith Cowboyz1, don't let the haters get to you ;)

Seriously divisional games are always tough, toss out the records type games. Sure nobody saw them losing, but nobody expected the Seahawks to have lost 3 games already either, not after their opener.

Still a half a season to go. Still about a 90% chance that DAL wins the East (not going to be WAS or NYG).

Sure if Romo is out long term they are in trouble. But that goes for almost every contending team in the NFL.

Thanks steve. I'm not worried yet. Let's see how they bounce back. This is the time of year that players have to be a bit tired and they have been going hard for 8 straight weeks now. If we can summon max effort for two more weeks and get to the bye having only this lose, I think we will be in good shape for a stretch run. I have a lot of respect for the way the Skins played last night. They played "Go for Broke" football all night on both sides of the ball and you won't see teams play that way very often if ever. Besides that we had our chances. If not for the fumble going in or had they of pounded the ball in from the 5, either points wins that game IMO.

Go Cowboys.

So Murray is going to magically stop fumbling the ball? When is that going to happen?

Quick review:

SF (4-3) owned us week 1

Dallas barely managed to defeat a poor Tennessee team (2-6)

Dallas got lucky with 4th quarter heroics to defeat a poor St. Louis (2-5) team

Dallas dominated a horrible New Orleans (3-4) team

Dallas barely defeated a bad Houston (4-4) team

Dallas defeated what appears to be an overrated Seattle (4-3) team

Dallas defeats an inconsistent Giants (3-4) team in a game closer than the score

Dallas lays down for a horrible Washington (3-5) team

Dallas is damn lucky they aren't 4-4 or worse. But you just want to hang your hat on the effectiveness of the running game. Cowboys have a long tradition of finding ways to lose games in the 2nd half of the season NO MATTER HOW STRONG THE START TO THE SEASON. Now you are explaining away this particular loss as "they were bound to play flat sooner or later". I agree .. except that history demonstrates that in the 2nd half of the season they play the MAJORITY of their games flat.

They will be lucky to defeat Arizona next week.

They should defeat Jacksonville, but they should have defeated Washington.

When was the last time Dallas swept the Giants?

Chicago is imploding so that game is hard to predict.

They will be lucky to defeat Philadelphia and certainly will not sweep them.

They will not defeat Indy.

I read that as 4 losses or more on the remaining schedule.

So what do you want me to do Grits. Ignore the fact that they are 6-2. Focus on how bad they have been and stay in a state of misery and failure. Look at our team as 4-4 instead of 6-2. Blow off the success they have had in the running game and just write if off as luck, while looking forward to when the wheels come off and Murray inevitably gets hurt and our defense reverts back to the ways of old giving up game after game because they can't stop anybody.

I just don't get you Grits. They are either undefeated and perfect on both sides of the ball or they are $hit not worthy of your praise or atta boys when they do well. Geez buddy, I had no idea how badly they wounded you. If I didn't know any better I would swear you were an Eagle fan.

Dude, this team is doing well. Enjoy it for cryin out loud. They could have lost but they didn't. They could have won yesterday but they didn't. How bout just be a fan and look to the good in team instead of all the places they come up short. Geezz

The team is 6-2, not 4-4 or worse. They are tired and have grinded for 8 straight weeks doing the very best they can to fend off the juggernaut media, injuries at LB and Oline, while our QB is fighting through an injured back that was obviously much worse to start the season then he let on. This team is still young and has a few things to learn yet. They need all hands on deck from their TRUE fans for there are plenty of folks trying to tear them down.

I for one am pulling for my team and was proud of the way they fought last night. They gave everything they had and came up short due to some mistakes yes. Murray fumbled yes, but he is fighting for every inch, week in and week out. Yes they pulled the ball out while six defenders ripping at the ball. Should he of gotten down yes. but the guys is fighting down in and down out for the team, his coach and his fans. I applaud his efforts and nobody feels worse then he does letting his team down. Maybe he does fumble once a game from here on out but if he gets 2000 yards or more, I'll take it.

It's like everyone wants this team to fail including our own fans. Almost as if they are pulling for it, willing it to happen. For the first time in DECADES we have an O line that for the most part is mauling teams, a running back that is breaking records set by Jim Brown, a QB that is playing his a$$ off hurt and willing to do anything to play even jepordize his own health to help, a coach and GM that is finally drafting well yet our own fans, the media, rivals, all are looking to find a way to trip em up and look at the ways they are failing instead of all the really positive things that are happening this year. I just don't get it.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

If I was a Cowboys fan, I would absolutely be looking at the season as a success already, regardless of the second half. How many of us REALLY had the Cowboys pegged at the start of the year to be one of the better teams in the NFC? Who thought Murray would stay healthy and Romo would play under control? Not me. If I offered every Cowboys fan a 6-2 record after 8 games to start the year, all of them would have signed on for that.

The rest of their schedule? Considering it is hard to sweep teams in the NFC East, lets give them wins over the Eagles and Redskins. And the Jaguars and Bears. That's 10 wins. That's counting losses to the Giants, Eagles, Cardinals and Colts. 10-6 is a playoff team for sure.

So enjoy what you have now Cowboys fans. As a Giants fan, sometimes those magical seasons come along and you wait for the other shoe to drop, but it never does.