[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BRADY WINS IN COURT

peoplehater

This just in...

Cheating officially allowed.

Also, players not required to cooperate with league investigations ever again.

While I get what you're saying, I believe the main crux of dismissing the suspension will have to do with the fact the league made up the rules as they went along, without any type of real investigative protocol in place, or outside of the CBA. Not that what Brady did was "allowable", just that the league went further in their stupidness than Brady did with his phone. Bet you a shiny nickel this type of scenario will be addressed in the next CBA as "The Brady Rule".

My :2cents:

Edited by lennykravitz2004
  • Like 1

While I get what you're saying, I believe the main crux of dismissing the suspension will have to do with the fact the league made up the rules as they went along, without any type of real investigative protocol in place, or outside of the CBA. Not that what Brady did was "allowable", just that the league went further in their stupidness than Brady did with his phone. Bet you a shiny nickel this type of scenario will be addressed in the next CBA as "The Brady Rule".

My :2cents:

You're right man. The league handled this about as poorly as it possibly could've.

Just annoyed that a team with a history of undermining the rules basically gets to keep on doing so.

You're right man. The league handled this about as poorly as it possibly could've.

Just annoyed that a team with a history of undermining the rules basically gets to keep on doing so.

Again, the team was strongly punished. They did not get off scot-free.

I am in the camp that the league screwed the pooch on this one much like the AP deal... and the... and the... and the... they keep making up rules as they go because they are the NFL... with no thought of what is legal.

That said, cmon we know Brady did it and the Pats know it too or they would have never accepted the team sanctions. This is a multi Billion dollar industry and the people running it are more concerned with $$ and ratings and getting more market share than integrity and fair play...

that being said also I still watch it all the time and love football. So not sure where that puts me... Way too deep a thought for Thursday AM.

Let the haters hate, brady is about to be in total f-you mode this season! Gonna be great to watch as a pats fan. Nfl has gone too far, Goodell needs to go, brady about to set records! That is all. And if ur wondering brady doesn't have moss this time who's gonna catch all those tds? My first rd pick in every league, Gronk is gonna be a monster!

I'm a Rams fan (for a little longer, at least). I very much get what you're saying too. This has been a tough one for me - I dislike Goodell about as much as Krapt and his Patsies. How can we do this so both of them lose?

#97 in a 10 team redraft.

Drafted after Rodgers, Luck, both Mannings, Wilson, Big Ben, Brees, Ryan, Stafford, and Cam.

That's after 10 Qb's in a ten teamer. Guess he's been going as a backup which probably means some teams have some great trade bait.

The thing that gets me frustrated with all the haters is that many qbs have come out and said they like the balls over or underinflated. Mostly over but still every qb does it but everyone wants brady suspended cuz he's a winner. Everyone has lost to him over the past 14 years at some point or ur just tired of seeing him win. There's no proof of any wrong doing in a country where you are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. And my last point is that brady played better after halftime when the balls were aired up more so who says he had a competitive advantage at all when the pats were barely winning and brady threw a pick with the under inflated balls. If u want brady suspended u are obviously just a hater because u and no one else has any evidence of wrong doing. U are just saying it's obvious he knew, why? Because the Colts threw him under the bus? Cuz kraft mistakenly excepted penalties he shouldn't have and now regrets? Because all these former players who lost to the pats a lot over their careers have said the pats need to be hit hard by the nfl? Or is it cuz ur a fan of one of those players/teams that have been getting killed by the pats for so many years. This suspension was out of line and rediculous from the beginning and anyone who thinks the nfl was right in this situation doesn't understand or have any real respect for the game. Without proof of anything u just say he's guilty. Rediculous! Go pats! #bradyisfree!!!

That's after 10 Qb's in a ten teamer. Guess he's been going as a backup which probably means some teams have some great trade bait.

I have Bradford, if he does well like many think I won't even have him to trade however. I will be dropping him soon. I'll pick someone up for week 4 bye week.

The thing that gets me frustrated with all the haters is that many qbs have come out and said they like the balls over or underinflated. Mostly over but still every qb does it but everyone wants brady suspended cuz he's a winner. Everyone has lost to him over the past 14 years at some point or ur just tired of seeing him win. There's no proof of any wrong doing in a country where you are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. And my last point is that brady played better after halftime when the balls were aired up more so who says he had a competitive advantage at all when the pats were barely winning and brady threw a pick with the under inflated balls. If u want brady suspended u are obviously just a hater because u and no one else has any evidence of wrong doing. U are just saying it's obvious he knew, why? Because the Colts threw him under the bus? Cuz kraft mistakenly excepted penalties he shouldn't have and now regrets? Because all these former players who lost to the pats a lot over their careers have said the pats need to be hit hard by the nfl? Or is it cuz ur a fan of one of those players/teams that have been getting killed by the pats for so many years. This suspension was out of line and rediculous from the beginning and anyone who thinks the nfl was right in this situation doesn't understand or have any real respect for the game. Without proof of anything u just say he's guilty. Rediculous! Go pats! #bradyisfree!!!

Putting aside the argument on any competitive advantage, you are conveniently leaving out one thing. Brady destroyed his cell phone rather than turn it over as asked. That alone looks bad and makes him look guilty.

• Like 1

Putting aside the argument on any competitive advantage, you are conveniently leaving out one thing. Brady destroyed his cell phone rather than turn it over as asked. That alone looks bad and makes him look guilty.

Irrelevant ... does not matter how guilty he "looks" ... what matters is if you have evidence proving he was guilty. The NFL has no claim on his personal phone.

cant say im surprised that he got off..... anyone else not named Manning and maybe it sticks.

at the end of the day maybe this thing finally goes away .... cant stand the word GATE anymore

was one of my favorite words a few years ago

Irrelevant ... does not matter how guilty he "looks" ... what matters is if you have evidence proving he was guilty. The NFL has no claim on his personal phone.

People get convicted of murder all the time without the presence of dead body.

And there's a difference between lack of evidence and destroyed evidence.

Edited by hezagenius
  • Like 2

DMD -

Any idea when you'll have adjustments up for Brady's full season? Or have your projections been based on a full 16 game season?

ETA: I guess this might also impact the other NE players too...??? Depending on how you made your initial assessments I suppose though.

Edited by lennykravitz2004

I was just referring to it in the context of Richard1233 rant about people not liking Brady because he is a winner. I think it makes sense that they had no grounds to suspend him. But don't act like people have no reason to assume he is guilty of this when he destroyed his phone. Anybody with some common sense knows why he did that

• Like 2