[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BRADY WINS IN COURT

peoplehater

People get convicted of murder all the time without the presence of dead body.

And there's a difference between lack of evidence and destroyed evidence.

I've been in law enforcement for almost 20yrs and have never been able to charrge someone because they "probably did it" or charged someone with conspiarcy because they "probably knew about it". Now I understand that this isn't a criminal issue but Goodell should never moved forward with no real evidence. If Goodell wanted he could have got a search warrant (im sure there is some bylaws in nfl rule that would allow that for internal issues) for his phone and every text would have been right there regardless of it being destroyed. This whole thing was never gonna stick from the start. If the glove doesn't fit you must acquit

• Like 1

I didn't want to make another thread about Brady, but this question is slightly off topic regarding the discussion here.

Where do you rank Brady now that he's playing a full season? I was leaning towards pulling him from the bottom of tier 2 towards the top. In line with guys like Wilson, Big Ben and Brees.

Most people would put him where u are I think. I'm a bit of a homer as stated by someone earlier but I do think pats go in "F-you" mode so to speak and I think brady is in the mix with rodgers and luck. Probably below them 2 but I think he is ahead of the rest.

I'm a Rams fan (for a little longer, at least). I very much get what you're saying too. This has been a tough one for me - I dislike Goodell about as much as Krapt and his Patsies. How can we do this so both of them lose?

I was hoping the judge would break a pool cue over his knee, throw it on the floor in front of them, step back, and let them solve it themselves.

Again, the team was strongly punished. They did not get off scot-free.

They got basically the same punishment the last time they got caught cheating. The draft pick is all that matters. The million bucks is insignificant to an NFL franchise.

• Like 2

Goodell is as good as gone

Silly statement, people have ben saying he should or would be ousted for a long time now, it is't happening just because a bunch of fans are pissed. Stop supporting the NFL and hit them in the wallet, then maybe they'll listen. Until then Goodell gets his power from the owners, and other than Kraft the owners supported this recent action.

As for the whole decision, what bugs me is the judge indicating that they need to have some sort of chart or table defining every potential offense and the allowed punishment. I just don't see how that is feasible. Most people in the private sector agree to working rules/policies which often state "this offense is punishable by the emplpoyer up to and including termination". So maybe the NFL needs something like that, "punishment up to and including multi game [season/lifetime] suspensions." But good luck getting that into the next CBA or getting the courts to agree that it is fair.

And yes, the NFL (and Brady) handled this poorly, the investigation was a farce, incorrect information leaked, destroying evidence, etc. But the reality is most believe the Pats were cheating, and they got away with it. Until there is more in the CBA to deal with it I'd expect more teams to try and cheat, and hope they can get away with it because the NFL is either scared, or they can find a judge to agree with them.

Plus since this isn't the end of it, we'll get to hear about it nonstop for a few more days, and then throughout the season as the next appeal is heard. The pre-game for opening night next week is going to be unbearable, not that I watch it that much or with great interest. Just hope they shut up about it during the game.

• Like 1

Let the haters hate, brady is about to be in total f-you mode this season! Gonna be great to watch as a pats fan. Nfl has gone too far, Goodell needs to go, brady about to set records! That is all. And if ur wondering brady doesn't have moss this time who's gonna catch all those tds? My first rd pick in every league, Gronk is gonna be a monster!

Stay classy Pats fans. Or keep acting like tools and wonder why there are haters.

You should just enjoy your victory and shut your yap, instead of acting like a 12 year old and gloting.

• Like 2

Nobody is convicted of murder without evidence or at least testimony from eye witnesses ... and you are presuming that the destroyed phone had evidence, that assumption doesn't hold up in court either.

Who cares, this isn't a court of law (the NFL investigation, the punishment phase, and the arbritration). The only court of law (as kegz mentions) was determing if this was handled properly with regard to procedures. This doesn't mean Brady is innocent, anymore than upholding the suspension would mean he is guilty.

You said "Yes a lot of people hate the Patriots because they are jealous, but they have brought it on themselves as well."

To me that implies that NE/Brady was being persecuted in this case because people hated them.

Wow you make some giant leaps. People hate them and they brought it on themselves (pompous attitudes, prior cheating). That is a simple fact, it doesn't imply anything. Nobody was persecuted, rules were broken (or at least bent), the NFL got over zealous with their investigation and punishment. They were pissed at the Pats for thumbing their nose at the rules. Not ulike the Saints and that bounty thing

Or are you saying the only reason this happened to the Pats is because Goodell and the other 31 owners who backed him are Pats haters?

I've been in law enforcement for almost 20yrs and have never been able to charrge someone because they "probably did it" or charged someone with conspiarcy because they "probably knew about it". Now I understand that this isn't a criminal issue but Goodell should never moved forward with no real evidence. If Goodell wanted he could have got a search warrant (im sure there is some bylaws in nfl rule that would allow that for internal issues) for his phone and every text would have been right there regardless of it being destroyed. This whole thing was never gonna stick from the start. If the glove doesn't fit you must acquit

What does that have to do with the NFL, they are not law enforcement, this is not a legal proceeding (other than the case just decided and future appeals).

Apples and cucumbers

They got basically the same punishment the last time they got caught cheating. The draft pick is all that matters. The million bucks is insignificant to an NFL franchise.

Stiffest penalty for an equipment violation ever no? 1 Million and 2 draft picks, one being a 1st rounder. To put it in perspective, both of the Broncos salary cap violations lost them 1.8 Mil and 2 3rd rounders combined and the Chargers only had to pay $20k for their stickum incident. Hell, even Atlanta only got $350k and a 5th rounder for their two year period of crowd noise.

Yes maybe that's all people wanted but what if, just what if brady really didn't know anything about this? There's no proof that he even knew about it. Why should the pats or brady admit to knowing about it if they didn't know about it. Brady could have easily made a comment that he likes his balls a little more deflated then most and the ball guys took it upon themselves to do this. Why should brady admit anything? He has said he didn't know anything from the beginning so just cuz the media has lied about FACTS and turned hearsay into FACTS to make brady look bad and then when caught in lies or miscommunication they turn their head and don't say anything about it. Doesn't it look worse on these guys and I'm talking about mortenson from espn, and any other member of the media that heard the accusation and just jumps on it like it's a fact. There's not one single thing that PROVES brady knew anything about it so why should he admit to knowing about it whe he may not have known about it? And all these penalties on the pats and brady are unprecedented and they should accept the penalties cuz people wanted then to admit knowing about it? What if they didn't know about it? Why admit something if u really didn't know about it? It doesn't matter what people think, no one has been proved guilty, u and many others are assuming they're guilty of at least knowing about it. Why? The wells report was BS. He went into the investigation just looking to prove brady guilty.

Patriots took the loss of DRAFT PICKS, which is the life blood of a perennial contender like NE, without appeal. They knew. They covered up and just want this to go away. Brady allows EQ personnel to just alter the footballs anytime they want for a playoff game after he ok'd the balls... yeah that happens... Brady is not "cleared", he found errors in the process and the penalty was nullified, there will be another appeal but at this point I just don't care. Believe that TB is still squeaky clean and it all was a witch hunt if you want. But IMO he is tarnished. I am out.

• Like 2

Patriots took the loss of DRAFT PICKS, which is the life blood of a perennial contender like NE, without appeal. They knew. They covered up and just want this to go away. Brady allows EQ personnel to just alter the footballs anytime they want for a playoff game after he ok'd the balls... yeah that happens... Brady is not "cleared", he found errors in the process and the penalty was nullified, there will be another appeal but at this point I just don't care. Believe that TB is still squeaky clean and it all was a witch hunt if you want. But IMO he is tarnished. I am out.

lol @ "he found errors in the process".....there is still no evidence there was an actual crime.....all of the things you heard from the major media was either found to be false(false psi reports) ...or irrelvant(destroyed phone that was never going to be turned over in the first place and brady was told they didnt need)......even the texts from mcnally and jastremksi about deflating were from months before.....it was a setup job where bs evidence was given out to the major media outlets to crucify them......what happened is a judge, like any sane person with common sense already did, sifted through it and realized what a crock it was......berman wasnt even supposed to touch on lack of evidence and the case itself...it was supposed to be about precedent for a harsh suspension....and he even made note, several times, that he didnt even know what he was looking in regards to a violation because there wasnt anything tying brady to any crime

Any chance or word if the Pats are going to try and get their league punishment rescinded too? I have no idea if they can, will, or even want to try to do so. What's the cost of trying?

Pats President, Jonathan Kraft says no...

From the Boston Herald, http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2015/09/jonathan_kraft_pats_wont_fight_team_penalty

• Like 1