[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KC vs. GB

Rebel Alliance

Thanks Big John for the link. I found the article that my friend was mentioning and it gives a different spin in the title.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/9/23/9381431/kansas-city-chiefs-have-never-lost-to-the-green-bay-packers-at

I will read the article to see if they are just trying to get some reads.

Thanks to flemingd for pointing out the obvious, but you missed that I pointed out that I had not researched it yet; but that would be and OSU Suckeye typical response.

I didn't miss the point, I was mocking the fact that it would have taken you less time and effort to just google it than to come here and bother us with it. Added bonus that my living location has touched a nerve with someone so butthurt. I'm guessing 'Bama?

Stay classy guy :tup:

Edited by flemingd
  • Like 1

Thanks Big John for the link. I found the article that my friend was mentioning and it gives a different spin in the title.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/9/23/9381431/kansas-city-chiefs-have-never-lost-to-the-green-bay-packers-at

I will read the article to see if they are just trying to get some reads.

Thanks to flemingd for pointing out the obvious, but you missed that I pointed out that I had not researched it yet; but that would be and OSU Suckeye typical response.

easy there, young'un

I didn't miss the point, I was mocking the fact that it would have taken you less time and effort to just google it than to come here and bother us with it. Added bonus that my living location has touched a nerve with someone so butthurt. I'm guessing 'Bama?

Judging by his location of Indy I'd say a different B1G school is a better bet...

So....some keys for tomorrow night:

Interior Pass Rush - It's a given that the KC edge rushers will wreak some havoc, but Rodgers can make plays on his feet. To really be successful, the whole pocket will have to collapse - Poe, Howard, and Bailey have their work cut out for them.

Secondary Matchups - Sean Smith is still suspended and there have been no indications that Jamell Fleming will be benched. Fortunately, I think Fleming (and Peters) match up better against the GB WRs than Denver's. Neither Fleming nor Peters are quick-twitch speedster CBs. Guys like Sanders and Thomas really gave them hell last week - Jones and Adams should be easier assignments. I think Phillip Gaines needs to stick on Cobb all night, he's our one CB who won't be a liability when Rodgers tries to go deep.

Pass Protection - After facing Jadeveon Clowney, JJ Watt, DeMarcus Ware, and Von Miller in weeks 1 and 2, the Green Bay pass rush doesn't seem so bad. Eric Fisher is finally back from a nasty high ankle sprain, but I doubt he's 100%. Reid has schemed over quite a few pass pro deficiencies these last couple games, but the OL simply crumbled on some drives against Denver. That can't happen tomorrow, when we need to use up as much clock as possible. Bringing me to my last point....

Ball Control - This is probably the biggest one - we simply need to keep the ball away from Rodgers. No matter what we do defensively, he'll find a way around it eventually. If there was any game for Charles to get 30 touches, this would be it.

This is a tough matchup (obviously), but still a very winnable game for KC.

This is a tough matchup (obviously), but still a very winnable game for KC.

Don't worry Big Andy will get out coached and poorly manage the clock. KC loses by 4 but drives the ball to the 30 as time expires

Edited by Zooty

Don't worry Big Andy will get out coached and poorly manage the clock. KC loses by 4 but drives the ball to the 30 as time expires

Possibly - seems like we have to deal with 1-2 stinkers per year with Reid, and I think last week's debacle was one of them. We also seem to get 1-2 great games, like when we clobbered the Patriots last season. Hoping for one of those tonight.

I was discussing this game with a friend and said that he saw/read on one of the major sites (CBS Sports or similar) that KC has never lost at GB.

I haven't had a chance to look this up yet. Is it true?

Just an aside, but I've always found it funny when past statistics are brought up as if they have any bearing on the upcoming game, especially when the statistics are involving past teams that have absolutely nothing to do with the current teams.

• Like 2

Just an aside, but I've always found it funny when past statistics are brought up as if they have any bearing on the upcoming game, especially when the statistics are involving past teams that have absolutely nothing to do with the current teams.

Agreed, like how it was mentioned several times last year that "the home team has never lost game 7 of the world series!"

There's a first time for everything. :bag:

Possibly - seems like we have to deal with 1-2 stinkers per year with Reid, and I think last week's debacle was one of them. We also seem to get 1-2 great games, like when we clobbered the Patriots last season. Hoping for one of those tonight.

good luck drinking his Kool-Aid!

Edited by Zooty

Oh man I hope so GB is the last leg of my 5 team teaser parlay I played all they have to do is win by 2. Got 500 bucks riding on them and I already escaped the miracle that was colts comeback... Seattle Arizona and Pats easily covered for me. Fingers crossed cmon rocket Rodgers

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

The "I didn't bother to research it bit" is getting more annoying in many places. I get not having time to read through several articles for statistics, but your search turned up the fact in fist 2 links, 7-3-1 all time and have never lost to GB in GB.

Of course as JB points out limited oppoturnities will yield those some times. Like the "undefeated on Monday Night in September in a dome with a full moon.