[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Ben is out, can Vick be sucessfull

dougsul

I think he CAN be decent, although I don't think I'd add him in much other than a 2QB league or a very deep one(14/16 teamer) His rushing should give him a decent floor and with the weapons he has at his disposal(Bell, Brown, Miller, Bryant in 2 weeks) he could put up some big numbers, but he has to limit the turnovers.

Edited by willswear3

IMO Vick was never a great QB, he wasn't great at reading defenses, wasn't great at passing the ball and wasn't great at checking down ... he was very athletic and fast and relied on his legs. No surprise when the legs are gone he was ill equipped to become something he never was, a pocket passer.

• Like 2

So then do you trade Brown for an edelman or julio or do you weather the storm and wait for Ben to come back

Fantasy? As a J Jones owner I wouldn't make that trade. I wouldn't even have made that trade pre-Big Ben injury. It's only been 3 games but Julio is on par to shatter the record for receptions in a season Edited by Shorttynaz

Vick is done. All Steelers receivers are taking a big hit.

When Vick was in his prime in Atlanta there wasn't one WR of any note. Their tight end made a little noise. It was just Vick and Warwick Dunne. Once Schaub took over wr's started emerging. Williams might be more of a factor. Bell can't take every snap.

Edited by Scorcher

I think he's going to struggle mightily. If he uses his legs to keep Ds honest, he might create some space and busted coverages but I don't see him doing it consistently. I would expect them to try to run the ball 25-30 times per game with LeVeon and DeAngelo and hope that Ds focus less on the pass . . . Vick won't be successful if he's trying to force the ball to anyone (i.e., Brown). If he tries, it's INT City.

Vick is 35 and is no where near the running threat he used to be.....and if he does start running you may want to pickup whoever the 3rd string is now. The fact that he was never a great passer hasn't improved with time either.

I cant see how Bell and Brown don't take a big hit here.

After Ben got hurt Vick was unable to get A Brown the ball ONE single time. Expect a downgrade for all Steelers offensive players. Can this young, athletic defense grow up? Probably still a year or two away, but something has to happen. Lots of running likely another option.

A little analysis of Vick's time in that PIT-STL game

first play after he comes in, 3-and-23, a short pass to Bell for 3 yards.

Next possession starts at PIT 18

- 20 yard pass to Bell

- Bell run for 0, sack (fumble recover by PIT), sack

1-10 on PIT 29 run-6, run-2, Vick pass incomplete

1-10 on PIT 25

- Bell run 23, bell run 3, HOLDING now 2-17 Vick pass 4, fix pass 4,

1-10 STL 31

- Bell run 2, Bell run -1, Vick short pass, FG on 4-and-2

Vick takes 2 kneel downs

Not a lot of passing chances, not sure its fair to say he couldn't get the ball to anybody or find their top guy Brown.

I didn't see the game, maybe it was as bad as portrayed. I think he will have more success than most excpect, but it sill still be a far cry from Ben, but similar to many other average QBs.