[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ken Wisenhunt Fired

drafter

He got rooked. He took over a crappy team, has a rookie QB, and now MM is hurt. How is he supposed to change a dumpster fire in less than 1.5 years? You gotta give the guy 3 years minimum in this case. They were looking like a real offense before MM got hurt too, that's pretty good progress in 4/5 games.

• Like 2

He got rooked. He took over a crappy team, has a rookie QB, and now MM is hurt. How is he supposed to change a dumpster fire in less than 1.5 years? You gotta give the guy 3 years minimum in this case. They were looking like a real offense before MM got hurt too, that's pretty good progress in 4/5 games.

Agreed. Looks like they finally had their guy for him to build around, not sure why they're choosing to cut bait now. Total Browns move, demanding instant success from a crapass roster.

There is more to it than that. He lost the locker room and a portion of his staff. The fact he left the FRANCHISE QB in the game AFTER he was diagnosed with an MCL injury ON THE FIELD says a lot. He was 3-20... sorry I agree with the move. Do it now and move on.

• Like 2

There is more to it than that. He lost the locker room and a portion of his staff. The fact he left the FRANCHISE QB in the game AFTER he was diagnosed with an MCL injury ON THE FIELD says a lot. He was 3-20... sorry I agree with the move. Do it now and move on.

Totally agree.

It didn't look like Mariota was improving, and Whis wouldn't let him run much, which was strange to me.

The smart thing for the Titans front office to do was to get Whisenhunt away from him.

So...Chip Kelly to Tennessee during the offseason? :woot:

Totally agree.

It didn't look like Mariota was improving, and Whis wouldn't let him run much, which was strange to me.

The smart thing for the Titans front office to do was to get Whisenhunt away from him.

So...Chip Kelly to Tennessee during the offseason? :woot:

Why wait?...Is right now too soon?

Agreed. Looks like they finally had their guy for him to build around, not sure why they're choosing to cut bait now. Total Browns move, demanding instant success from a crapass roster.

Do you guys really think that Wisenhunt deserves to be an NFL head coach???

It is a troubling trend in the NFL and I feel it will only increase the gap between good and bad teams. Too many teams (owners, fans, media, front office) have zero patience. They hire a guy and give him crap, then expect miracles.

A Titans fan on another forum made comments that indicated he thought Whiz was responsible for Mariota and other QBs he coached getting injured, and even said "Mularky will probably protect MM more than Whiz did". They site all these stats of losses, like the coach is the biggest piece of that equation, not the players themselves.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns fire Pettine before the season is over.

This guy either really sux when dealing with his boss or has some bad luck. 4 different teams in like the last 6 or 7 years

His last 4 jobs covered the last 15 years, not 6-7

- OC in PIT, he left to take next job

- HC in AZ, he got fired after 6 years

- OC in SD, he left that to take next job

- HC in TEN

How is that indicative of having problems with his boss? Sounds like a guy that's a pretty good coach who was given too little time with the Titans.

I wasn't really aware of that bit with him leaving Mariota in after the injury, but can understand why he doesn't want his franchise QB running too much.

Do you guys really think that Wisenhunt deserves to be an NFL head coach???

Do you really think there are 32 guys that deserve to be NFL HC? If not some guys won't deserve it or be qualified enough. Doesn't mean you keep hiring and firing guys every year or two.

2 coaches have already been fired, another 4-5 (Tomsula, Bradley, Pettine, McCoy) are on the "hot seat" according to some. Others are often labeled terrible by unhappy fans. So how many good/capable NFL head coaches are there really?

Do you really think there are 32 guys that deserve to be NFL HC? If not some guys won't deserve it or be qualified enough. Doesn't mean you keep hiring and firing guys every year or two.

2 coaches have already been fired, another 4-5 (Tomsula, Bradley, Pettine, McCoy) are on the "hot seat" according to some. Others are often labeled terrible by unhappy fans. So how many good/capable NFL head coaches are there really?

The problem is that teams keep recycling the same garbage. These bad coaches just ride a carousel around the league. Teams need to pull coordinators and college coaches up more frequently.

• Like 1

The problem is that teams keep recycling the same garbage. These bad coaches just ride a carousel around the league. Teams need to pull coordinators and college coaches up more frequently.

I don't have numbers to back this up, but I can tell you for a fact the Browns are not recycling, they've hired only one HC in the past 15 years that had been a HC before (Mangini).

Sure some guys are just moving around (Whiz, Fox, Lovie, Fisher, Del Rio) but others are new (4 last year Pettine, Gruden, O Brien, Zimmer and 3 this year Tomsula, Bowles, Quinn). Few college coaches have had succes, until more recently with Carrol and Harbaughs, so I can understand not moving them up. And unless they've had some NFL experience I think they're going to really struggle.

Maybe I'm more jaded than others, the rush to fire mid season, or after only 1-2 years just seems insane to me.

• Like 1