[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ODB this week

whomper

And Cowboyz1 I think this is about the time you pipe down on the issue. After calling your woman beating slapping clipboards outta coaches hands Greg the Great Hardy the leader of your team. You should just observe because comments on this issue from you just don't come off good for you especially when it's one of your hated rivals... Just saying bud step away

:rofl:

That would be seriously fugged up if he cost owners a shot at the championship over immaturity.

Right because NFL players should care more about some guy's fantasy team than looking like an immature chalupa in front of 60,000 live and millions on TV.

For those who missed this game and have NFL Network look for it on NFL replay Tuesday. Not sure what time, if I remember I'll post a follow up.

I watched the game and I saw 2 competitive young men behave like A holes. My point stands. OBJ is 22 and obviously has some growing up to do. None of you armchair NFL commissioners can remotely know what it's like to be 22 with tons of adoration, cash, Madden covers etc.... Get over yourselves. I'm sure you were all perfect saints at that age.

All they have to understand is that the league isn't going to put up with this crap, and players will be suspended for actions like this. I didn't see the game or all the talk after ward (not everybody lives on sports talk), but reading what folks are saying here this isn't some guy getting hot once or twice because of some tight coverage. Its overt dangerous actions trying to harm another. And if it was this bad and the refs didn't act I agree they should be punished too (hard to suspend them since you need every crew when there's no byes).

Has nothing to do with being perfect saints at that age, and people saying that are morons. Just like the ones defending Manziel when he told the team he'll stay out of trouble then went on a 3 day bender, and lied about it later. You sound like a 50 year old that still thinks he's in a frat.

Right because NFL players should care more about some guy's fantasy team than looking like an immature chalupa in front of 60,000 live and millions on TV.

For those who missed this game and have NFL Network look for it on NFL replay Tuesday. Not sure what time, if I remember I'll post a follow up.

All they have to understand is that the league isn't going to put up with this crap, and players will be suspended for actions like this. I didn't see the game or all the talk after ward (not everybody lives on sports talk), but reading what folks are saying here this isn't some guy getting hot once or twice because of some tight coverage. Its overt dangerous actions trying to harm another. And if it was this bad and the refs didn't act I agree they should be punished too (hard to suspend them since you need every crew when there's no byes).

Has nothing to do with being perfect saints at that age, and people saying that are morons. Just like the ones defending Manziel when he told the team he'll stay out of trouble then went on a 3 day bender, and lied about it later. You sound like a 50 year old that still thinks he's in a frat.

This is a fantasy board, so most things we discuss will be in reference to our fantasy teams.

Who is preaching about OBJ being a perfect saint? We're watching kids grow up in a national spotlight. Some do it well and others go through a lot of growing pain, OBJ is clearly going through his growing pains. I'm saying punish the kid and move on with our fantasy lives. :lol:

Ian Rapoport tweeted a couple hours ago that the league is also evaluating disciplinary action for Norman. I'm guessing it will be a fine rather than a suspension, but as a Julio owner playing for the title next week, man it would be sweet for the NFL to suspend him too.

• Like 1

This is a fantasy board, so most things we discuss will be in reference to our fantasy teams.

Who is preaching about OBJ being a perfect saint? We're watching kids grow up in a national spotlight. Some do it well and others go through a lot of growing pain, OBJ is clearly going through his growing pains. I'm saying punish the kid and move on with our fantasy lives. :lol:

It really helps if you read a poster's comments in relation to who and what they are responding to (mine were in response to very specific things said in the posts I quoted).

Ye its a fantasy board, but is is beyond moronic to suggest a player doing what OBJ did screwed your fantasy team when he really is screwing his own team and himself far worse. (Unless you really think your fantasy game is more important than staying in the hunt for the NFL playoffs). And we're trying to have some serious discussion about what he did and what kind of punishment there should be, so its just detracting from that.

My comment about "being a saint" was in response to Brentastic saying "which of you was a saint at his age" or some enabling nonsense like that. Nobody expects them to be saints or choir boys, but not acting like a felon or neandrethal shouldn't be expecting too much.

Edited by stevegrab

Ian Rapoport tweeted a couple hours ago that the league is also evaluating disciplinary action for Norman. I'm guessing it will be a fine rather than a suspension, but as a Julio owner playing for the title next week, man it would be sweet for the NFL to suspend him too.

Spoken like a true fantasy guru. I didn't even think about that possibility.

Ye its a fantasy board, but is is beyond moronic to suggest a player doing what OBJ did screwed your fantasy team when he really is screwing his own team and himself far worse. (Unless you really think your fantasy game is more important than staying in the hunt for the NFL playoffs). And we're trying to have some serious discussion about what he did and what kind of punishment there should be, so its just detracting from that.

I largely agree with what you say, but I also think you're being naive to think the NFL doesn't care about fantasy football and the large percentage of fans it draws, that they would otherwise NOT have...at least that is my firm belief...so, having said that, I'm a torn fan...on the one hand, as a Redskins fan, I'm glad OBJ acted like a tool, potentially diminishing the G-Men's run towards the playoffs, but as a fantasy football owner, it totally sucks that he was such a tool, and potentially diminished MY chances of a Championship!

Also, call me a hypocrite, but since someone else brought it up in this thread, on the scale of justice, I (personally) think throwing a woman around and beating her up is a much more egregious offense, than acting stupidly and recklessly against someone who blatantly provoked you into it during a football game - I'll reiterate that I'm 100% NOT condoning or excusing anyone's actions during the game (everyone has to be responsible for their own actions), yesterday, but simply trying to look at all angles...

Did anyone hear about the baseball bat story, where norman walked to ODB in pre game warups and claimed that he will blow Odell's knees during the game. He also made fun of Odell's sexuality. I heard it on Stephen Smith show on Sirius.

A Carolina Panthers practice squad player carried a black baseball bat onto the field in pregame warm-ups Sunday and was motioning with it toward Odell Beckham Jr. while making comments to the New York Giants receiver, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Beckham, according to another source, felt threatened, and it helped put him in a certain state of mind for a game in which he was penalized three times for unnecessary roughness, including a helmet-to-helmet hit on Panthers cornerback Josh Norman.

The pregame incident could provide context to what precipitated Beckham's actions during the game, for which the receiver had been widely criticized. Beckham was suspended by the NFL for one game Monday.

The source identified the practice squad player as Marcus Ball. Norman later grabbed the bat but didn't engage in pregame words with Beckham and never motioned it toward the receiver, according to the source. An NFL Films camera captured images of Norman holding the bat.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14416271/odell-beckham-jr-new-york-giants-irked-carolina-panthers-bat-stunt