[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ODB this week

whomper

Lots of 22 year old men in NFL deal with competition, fame, money, and adoration without spearing and throwing punches at other players because they're immature azzhats. Keep making excuses for his behavior if you like.

Edited by colkurtz
  • Like 1

you, apparently, didn't watch the game

I was watching the game and they both were immature. Like I said OBJ went over the top with the head to head after the play was dead and should be suspended, but I don't understand all of the hate. The media and commentators are going wild with this and trying to stigmatize the young man. NFL players have done a LOT worse on and off of the field.

Lots of 22 year old men in NFL deal with competition, fame, money, and adoration without spearing and throwing punches at other players because they're immature azzhats. Keep making excuses for his behavior if you like.

That is quite the exaggeration. Maybe in basketball, but not football. Either way, both him and Norman were pricks, but he should be fined, if not suspended for the head to head.

I watched the game and I saw 2 competitive young men behave like A holes. My point stands. OBJ is 22 and obviously has some growing up to do. None of you armchair NFL commissioners can remotely know what it's like to be 22 with tons of adoration, cash, Madden covers etc.... Get over yourselves. I'm sure you were all perfect saints at that age.

The problem is that what he did could have ended the other guy's career. The helmet to helmet spear is why the NFL has to suspend him.

22 year olds out in the real world get fired when they punch a coworker in the face and they go to jail when they get caught drunk driving. What OBJ did is on par with those sorts of things.

EDIT:

To be clear, I am not saying they should crucify him, because $hit happens, it's an emotional and violent game. But the league really has no choice and must suspend him (and some or all of the officials who called the game).

Edited by BA Baracus
  • Like 1

Between him most likely getting suspended and AJ Green gimpy with a back up qb throwing to him against the vaunted Denver cbs, my superbowl isnt looking as rosey :bash:

Didn't see the game, but from the highlights (or, actually "low"lights), it appears they were both being jackasses, with OBJ clearly leading the way with the uncalled for helmet-to-helmet blow...I also see the officials, coaches, and teammates being at fault for allowing that behavior to escalate the way it did...OBJ's post-game comments where he essentially just shrugged it off as "competing" and didn't think he was ever in jeopardy of being ejected, just shows how immature and clueless he really is...his team is "competing" for a playoff berth and knowing he's the biggest playmaker on his team, he's out there doing stupid manure...anyway, this is neither an excuse, nor an endorsement, but I'm chalking this incident up to a whole lot of IMMATURITY, coupled with a lot of testosterone, and moving along...

From a fantasy perspective, he'll likely be suspended, but will also likely appeal it, meaning I "think" he'll be safe for most FF SB's Week 16...however, my biggest concern at the moment is even MAKING it to Week 16! I need Brees to fall flat, tonight!

Didn't see the game, but from the highlights (or, actually "low"lights), it appears they were both being jackasses, with OBJ clearly leading the way with the uncalled for helmet-to-helmet blow...I also see the officials, coaches, and teammates being at fault for allowing that behavior to escalate the way it did...OBJ's post-game comments where he essentially just shrugged it off as "competing" and didn't think he was ever in jeopardy of being ejected, just shows how immature and clueless he really is...his team is "competing" for a playoff berth and knowing he's the biggest playmaker on his team, he's out there doing stupid taco...anyway, this is neither an excuse, nor an endorsement, but I'm chalking this incident up to a whole lot of IMMATURITY, coupled with a lot of testosterone, and moving along...

From a fantasy perspective, he'll likely be suspended, but will also likely appeal it, meaning I "think" he'll be safe for most FF SB's Week 16...however, my biggest concern at the moment is even MAKING it to Week 16! I need Brees to fall flat, tonight!

If he is suspended the appeal will likely be heard before the week 16 game

I watched the game and I saw 2 competitive young men behave like A holes. My point stands. OBJ is 22 and obviously has some growing up to do. None of you armchair NFL commissioners can remotely know what it's like to be 22 with tons of adoration, cash, Madden covers etc.... Get over yourselves. I'm sure you were all perfect saints at that age.

I was no saint, but I was held responsible and there were repercussions for my actions
  • Like 2

Based on what info? Link? I mean, you know, it only took 8-months to resolve your golden boy's suspension matter, and it's still not technically over... LOL

Edited by the outlaw

Based on what info? Link? I mean, you know, it only took 8-months to resolve your golden boy's suspension matter, and it's still not technically over... LOL

Usually things like this proceed on that timeline. Perfect example is the Talib suspension earlier this year.

I did plenty of stupid shlt when I was young. But, if I had done it at my place of employment, I would have been fired and/or arrested. Being young and naïve doesn't make it OK. Being competitive is one thing, and I realize that tempers flare in the heat of battle. But, this was a situation where one player went out of his way to attempt to hurt another player (launching himself into a helmet to helmet hit) well after the whistle. Should have been tossed (they both probably should have been, honestly), and I hope he misses multiple games. Won't happen, but it would be warranted. If a finger poke by Talib (weeks ago) gets one game, this should be more.

I have OBJ in multiple leagues where I'll be playing for the title, so obviously, it would be nice (strictly from a FF perspective) if he plays. But, I can live with it if he doesn't, and it would be the right thing for the NFL to do.

I can't help but wonder what his "apology" would have been like had the Giants won.

I don't recall any one of them taking cheap shots at players heads....like taking a 15 yard run and spearing a guy in the helmet while he's not looking. Or running by with a fist out like a jousting lance.

First of all, your coveted WRs have taken plenty of cheap shots over the years, on and off the field. Like I said, OBJ, Norman, AND the refs should all be suspended.

Huge Giant homer here and big ODB fan ...he lost his cool yesterday and it was well past the point of even being remotely acceptable . That helmet to helmet hit was not just dangerous and reckless but showed that ODB was so angry he did not care what he did to Norman ....cant have that . Have to be human beings first before being a football player and he was out of control yesterday . I know he is young , etc but even that is nit enough to remotely come close to condoning his behavior . Hopefully he learns from it as his talent is phenomenal

• Like 1

I did plenty of stupid shlt when I was young. But, if I had done it at my place of employment, I would have been fired and/or arrested. Being young and naïve doesn't make it OK. Being competitive is one thing, and I realize that tempers flare in the heat of battle. But, this was a situation where one player went out of his way to attempt to hurt another player (launching himself into a helmet to helmet hit) well after the whistle. Should have been tossed (they both probably should have been, honestly), and I hope he misses multiple games. Won't happen, but it would be warranted. If a finger poke by Talib (weeks ago) gets one game, this should be more.

I have OBJ in multiple leagues where I'll be playing for the title, so obviously, it would be nice (strictly from a FF perspective) if he plays. But, I can live with it if he doesn't, and it would be the right thing for the NFL to do.

I can't help but wonder what his "apology" would have been like had the Giants won.

I don't think anyone is defending OBJ's actions. The kid is immature and should be punished, but it's way too early to brand the kid over a bad game.

• Like 3

First of all, your coveted WRs have taken plenty of cheap shots over the years, on and off the field. Like I said, OBJ, Norman, AND the refs should all be suspended.

I've already said this, but I'll add a little bit to it, I don't think Norman should be suspended. I say fine them both for acting like immature a**holes, but I don't see why JN should be suspended. They were both overly aggressive and fighting/pushing a shoving quite a bit, but that happens every game with people, neither should have been suspended for that, just fined. I'd have no problem with OBJ not getting suspended if he hadn't launched himself into JN's head at full speed when JN couldn't defend himself. That is the type of plays that end careers. If that incident happens again there is a decent chance JN is carted off on a stretcher. It's a shame this had to happen in what should have been one of the best matchups of the season between two of the best players at their respective positions, and that it had to take away from what was actually a pretty incredible game.

• Like 1

Like I said before, I'm not making excuses for, or condoning anything at all...my interest here is purely for selfish motives in the event I am fortunateenough (after tonite's game) to be in my FF Championship match...IMO, at least from the few plays I've seen on ESPN and NFLN, they both warranted ejections, fines, and/or suspensions...I'll have to look at the one specific play again, but didn't Norman take a big roundhouse swing at OBJ when he went by him at thebeginning of that same head-to-head shot play? Again, NOT supporting the action(s), just trying to figure out the motive and provocation point(s)...oh well, this whole situation is completely out of my control...I certainly could use the kid's talent next week (whether I'm playing for 1st or 3rd)...I hate this game...LOL

• Like 1

I've already said this, but I'll add a little bit to it, I don't think Norman should be suspended. I say fine them both for acting like immature a**holes, but I don't see why JN should be suspended. They were both overly aggressive and fighting/pushing a shoving quite a bit, but that happens every game with people, neither should have been suspended for that, just fined. I'd have no problem with OBJ not getting suspended if he hadn't launched himself into JN's head at full speed when JN couldn't defend himself. That is the type of plays that end careers. If that incident happens again there is a decent chance JN is carted off on a stretcher. It's a shame this had to happen in what should have been one of the best matchups of the season between two of the best players at their respective positions, and that it had to take away from what was actually a pretty incredible game.

I respect your views and you're right. I think the point I was trying to make is that everyone involved, including the refs, should be held accountable in some manner. That helmet to helmet was pure stupid and he should be suspended.

Edited by Shaft

Like I said before, I'm not making excuses for, or condoning anything at all...my interest here is purely for selfish motives in the event I am fortunateenough (after tonite's game) to be in my FF Championship match...IMO, at least from the few plays I've seen on ESPN and NFLN, they both warranted ejections, fines, and/or suspensions...I'll have to look at the one specific play again, but didn't Norman take a big roundhouse swing at OBJ when he went by him at thebeginning of that same head-to-head shot play? Again, NOT supporting the action(s), just trying to figure out the motive and provocation point(s)...oh well, this whole situation is completely out of my control...I certainly could use the kid's talent next week (whether I'm playing for 1st or 3rd)...I hate this game...LOL

:lol: I admire an honest man.

• Like 2

Agree.

Norman was out of line too and needs to be punished, but I did not see him commit any actions that were clearly intended to injure Beckham. I'd say fines for both and suspension of Beckham and the head ref seems about right.

there was allot of nonsense going on all game between the two of them. Norman body slammed OBJ on the Giants first drive without a penalty and it snowballed from there. The refs need to do a better job of keeping these situations under control before they escalate to the level that it did yesterday. They both took swings at each other and IMO both should be suspended for non football plays. OBJ's was worse, but Norman was not an innocent bystander.

Huh?!? Because the NFL is always so proficient in there legality issues...

Sounds about right for timeline he will get suspended but all of you including me will be wondering how many spots he falls in the draft based on what he gets suspension wise 8 months from now

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe
  • Like 1

Huh?!? Because the NFL is always so proficient in there legality issues...

Sounds about right for timeline he will get suspended but all of you including me will be wondering how many spots he falls in the draft based on what he gets suspension wise 8 months from now

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

And Cowboyz1 I think this is about the time you pipe down on the issue. After calling your woman beating slapping clipboards outta coaches hands Greg the Great Hardy the leader of your team. You should just observe because comments on this issue from you just don't come off good for you especially when it's one of your hated rivals... Just saying bud step away

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe
  • Like 3

The ONE thing you can be certain of, is the NFL will resolve this in the manner which is MOST advantageous in terms of revenue and ratings to the NFL! Is there any other reason why the Deflategate non-sense played out all offseason? LOL

Edited by the outlaw
  • Like 1