[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ODB this week

whomper

Listen, I'm not willing to keep going in circles with you. The refs officiate the game. That does not make them responsible for other people's actions as much as you wish it. It's like saying the police are responsible when people go on crime sprees because they they are suppose to prevent that.

Police don't let drunk drivers drive away. Bully's are the scum of the earth, at any age.

Listen, I'm not willing to keep going in circles with you. The refs officiate the game. That does not make them responsible for other people's actions as much as you wish it. It's like saying the police are responsible when people go on crime sprees because they they are suppose to prevent that.

The refs needed to set the tone from the play where Normal body slammed OBJ. They didn't flag that, and things got out of control. They're not to blame for OBJ trying to give Normal a concussion, but they could have kept better control of the situation by throwing flags earlier and / or tossing one or both of them for taking swings at the other.

Edited by Montana is da Man
  • Like 1

Losing him is definitely going to hurt, but I think moreso in a start 2 WR League than a 3 WR League, where I have him. No Flex spot. I've got Antonio Brown still...

I have been staring Him as a flex with Watkins and AJ Green as my wrs. My worry is green is very gimpy now too and he also has a bad match up with a back up qb

Norman was guilty too and should be fined. And the refs let him get away with stuff early.

Jump to 25 seconds to see the flag that wasn't thrown on Norman. And Norman did things like that a few times throughout the game before OBJ started reacting. Like I said, OBJ should be suspended, but mitigating factors should be taken into account and Norman should be at least fined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4UozxA-n8U

Ignore Crystal, even though she's hard to ignore. ;)

Edited by Shaft

I'm losing him in 5 championship matchups. I have pretty decent alternatives, but the alternatives definitely don't have the upside that he does. Edelman (maybe?) in one, Watson or White in another, Lockett/Riddick in another, etc. Definitely not guys who put up big numbers weekly like OBJ does, but I'm hoping the rest of my squad can make up the difference.

Interestingly enough, I've had three opponents contact me by text/email, asking if I want to split the pot in various leagues, and two of those leagues are ones where I've lost Beckham. I'll probably just let it ride in all three, but it's an interesting proposition, given that I've lost one of my top 2-3 players. :thinking:

Beckham played a big part in winning 3-4 championships for me last year. I'm just hoping he doesn't do the exact opposite this year. :glare:

Jeez with the bragging already !!!

I previously stated that I don't condone what OBJ did. Bully's bully though.

I think it's ridiculous to even bring up bullying in this situation. These aren't kids in high school they are grown men both playing in a professional football league. If you don't condone what Beckham did than what exactly are you trying to imply by constantly implying that Norman is a bully?

To me a bully is someone who picks on and torments someone who is too weak to protect themselves or fight back. That clearly is not the case here

Edited by Finn5033
  • Like 1

I think it's ridiculous to even bring up bullying in this situation. These aren't kids in high school they are grown men both playing in a professional football league. If you don't condone what Beckham did than what exactly are you trying to imply by constantly implying that Norman is a bully?

To me a bully is someone who picks on a torments someone who is too weak to protect themselves or fight back. That clearly is not the case here

I do NOT condone what Beckham did but I also do NOT condone what Norman did. And according to your definition of bullying then OBJ did fight back.

Edited by DaFreak

He is of course, but I still blame the officials for letting it get out of control.

The officials didn't do their job, I can agree with that. According to the rule book I think they both should have been ejected well before the flying head butt incident. But they are not responsible for OBJ or Norman's actions

• Like 2

I do NOT condone what Beckham did but I also do NOT condone what Norman did. And according to your definition of bullying then OBJ did fight back.

That's my point, how do you consider Norman a bully then? OBJ is clearly not some weakling that allows someone to pick on him. Calling Norman a bully has nothing to do with the situation, I don't understand why you keep using that word

• Like 1

The officials didn't do their job, I can agree with that. According to the rule book I think they both should have been ejected well before the flying head butt incident. But they are not responsible for OBJ or Norman's actions

I completely agree with everything you wrote. However, OBJ is the one getting the backlash while Norman appears to be the victim.

That's my point, how do you consider Norman a bully then? OBJ is clearly not some weakling that allows someone to pick on him. Calling Norman a bully has nothing to do with the situation, I don't understand why you keep using that word

There are many types of bullying and one of them is verbal (taunting, name calling, sexual comments) all of which go against NFL rules. From the reports I have read Norman started his bullying before the game even started.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/22/was-beckham-provoked-by-anti-gay-slurs/

I completely agree with everything you wrote. However, OBJ is the one getting the backlash while Norman appears to be the victim.

ITS BECAUSE OBJ SPEARED INTO JOSH NORMAN'S (the really bad word)ING HEAD!

C'mon Man...no one has made a saint out of Josh here.

There are many types of bullying and one of them is verbal (taunting, name calling, sexual comments) all of which go against NFL rules. From the reports I have read Norman started his bullying before the game even started.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/22/was-beckham-provoked-by-anti-gay-slurs/

You can call it bullying if you want I guess I just don't see this as bullying. I saw this story and I personally think it makes Norman look bad it it's true. Bottom line is these guys are both grown men. Norman tried to get into OBJ's head to throw him off his game and it worked. What is that saying again, sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. You want to know why OBJ is getting the brunt of this, it's because he could have seriously physically hurt Norman. If the worst thing Norman did was verbally attack him, that happens all the time. Talking $hit is pretty common in football. There is no doubt that guys cross the line all the time with their smack talk. Clearly OBJ needs to learn to control his emotions. To be clear, if Norman did what they are reporting I think its complete trash and has no place in the game.

Edited by Finn5033

You can call it bullying if you want I guess I just don't see this as bullying. I saw this story and I personally think it makes Norman look bad it it's true. Bottom line is these guys are both grown men. Norman tried to get into OBJ's head to throw him off his game and it worked. What is that saying again, sticks and stones make break my bones but words will never hurt me. You want to know why OBJ is getting the brunt of this, it's because he could have seriously physically hurt Norman. If the worst thing Norman did was verbally attack him, that happens all the time. Talking $hit is pretty common in football. There is no doubt that guys cross the line all the time with their smack talk. Clearly OBJ needs to learn to control his emotions. To be clear, if Norman did what they are reporting I think its complete trash and has no place in the game.

I respect your opinion.

Right or wrong, aunting, dissing, name calling is par for the course these days and not just in football. Getting inside a player's head is advantageous if it can distract him off his game.

Gotta admit, there's a lot of dumb comments made here, but calling Norman a bully is up there (sorry, is that bullying by me to say that?).