[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ODB this week

whomper

Right or wrong, aunting, dissing, name calling is par for the course these days and not just in football. Getting inside a player's head is advantageous if it can distract him off his game.

Gotta admit, there's a lot of dumb comments made here, but calling Norman a bully is up there (sorry, is that bullying by me to say that?).

Its not about right or wrong, it's against NFL rules per their rule book. You can't taunt, you can't make homophobic slurs and you can't launch your body into another persons head.

Listen, I'm not willing to keep going in circles with you. The refs officiate the game. That does not make them responsible for other people's actions as much as you wish it. It's like saying the police are responsible when people go on crime sprees because they they are suppose to prevent that.

They are responsible in part because it is there responsibility to keep these kind of actions from getting out of hand. Things started in pre game and kept going, at some point they need to start ejecting players so those players don't escalate things and others know there is a serious penalty RIGHT NOW, not some fine or suspension that can be ignored for now.

Ultimate OBJ is responsible, because he did it. And Norman is partially responsible for being the antagonist. Doesn't absolve the refs of their responsibility.

• Like 3

They are responsible in part because it is there responsibility to keep these kind of actions from getting out of hand. Things started in pre game and kept going, at some point they need to start ejecting players so those players don't escalate things and others know there is a serious penalty RIGHT NOW, not some fine or suspension that can be ignored for now.

Ultimate OBJ is responsible, because he did it. And Norman is partially responsible for being the antagonist. Doesn't absolve the refs of their responsibility.

THIS^ The officials aren't responsible for either of the player's actions, however they ARE responsible for ALLOWING their actions to continue occurring...

• Like 1

This is the most correct statement about the whole issue. Odell should be suspended and heavily fined. Norman should be fined or suspended. The refs should be fined/suspended. This is the perfect time for the NFL to come down hard on all three parties and let the rest of the league - players and refs - know this will not be tolerated going forward. That is the only way to hopefully ensure it will not happen again.

• Like 1

This is the most correct statement about the whole issue. Odell should be suspended and heavily fined. Norman should be fined or suspended. The refs should be fined/suspended. This is the perfect time for the NFL to come down hard on all three parties and let the rest of the league - players and refs - know this will not be tolerated going forward. That is the only way to hopefully ensure it will not happen again.

I get suspended. He gets suspended. Everybody gets suspended !!!

Correct, OBJ decided to do it. Norman's taunting and still being out on the field probably factored into his decision, but ultimately he made a choice to perform that action. Just like how Josh Gordon's upbringing and being on a team flight where others are drinking may have factored into his decision, it still is his responsibility to not drink or are we blaming the coaches who were on that flight with him?

You can say the refs didn't do their job cause they didn't. You can say Norman antagonized OBJ cause he did. You can not at any point say that they forced OBJ to spear into Norman's head.

Sorry just can not see how the blame lies anywhere else then with the one who committed the action, otherwise who is truly responsible for each thing an individual does? :shrug:

• Like 1

Correct, OBJ decided to do it. Norman's taunting and still being out on the field probably factored into his decision, but ultimately he made a choice to perform that action. Just like how Josh Gordon's upbringing and being on a team flight where others are drinking may have factored into his decision, it still is his responsibility to not drink or are we blaming the coaches who were on that flight with him?

You can say the refs didn't do their job cause they didn't. You can say Norman antagonized OBJ cause he did. You can not at any point say that they forced OBJ to spear into Norman's head.

Sorry just can not see how the blame lies anywhere else then with the one who committed the action, otherwise who is truly responsible for each thing an individual does? :shrug:

True, I'm not blaming Norman for OBJ's actions, I'm blaming Norman for his actions. He slammed OBJ with no consequence, in addition to other rule breaking violations, and he should be fined or suspended.

I hope this is true. Now let's penalize the referees and close this thread, LOL.

We need to keep it open until the appeal decision...and for me to mention again how sad I am that I cant use him for my superbowl

• Like 1

We need to keep it open until the appeal decision...and for me to mention again how sad I am that I cant use him for my superbowl

My bad, you're right....we need to continue the female dogging, especially if you lose the big game because of this. ;)

Even the VP of officiating encouraged ejections during the game and the referees didn't heed the advice.

http://espn.go.com/newyork/nfl/story/_/id/14425015/nfl-vp-officiating-dean-blandino-says-odell-beckham-jr-ejected

Saw that story on NFL.com this morning. Was discussing it elsewhere and somebody was suggesting the league officials in NY in contact with the game officials should have the authority to eject players, or very strongly suggest (do it or else) to the game officials that the player be ejected.

I watched the game last night on NFL replay (condensed 1 hour), not sure if they showed all the little fights, but I was wondering if anybody thought OBJ should have been ejected before the head hunting shot on Norman? If so what was the particular play and what did he do?

I agree, after that shot he should have been ejected, and not sure why Norman was even penalized.

Both players kept going at it, on a late TD (to tie maybe) OBJ tried to step on Norman after the TD as he did his celebration dance. It reminds me of two 5 year olds playing a game of "Mom he's touching me!!!." "No I'm not touching you..."

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 8s8 seconds ago

Odell Beckham Jr.'s appeal ended about 1:25 or so. Would be a surprise if there were not a verdict before tonight.

NFL offices are probably closed tomorrow (or at least those making the decision will be out), so the decision will happen today.

Also saw this story about the NFL sending a memo after the OBJ suspension to all 32 teams about following pre-game rules.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-warns-all-32-teams-about-pregame-rules-after-obj-suspension-032841825.html