[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official 2016 Free Agency Thread

bud29

NYG made some huge moves on defense, only saw Olivier Vernon mentioned though...

Janoris Jenkins signed for $62.5 mil over 5 years. Prince will definitely be on the market now.

Damon Harrison signed for $46.25 mil over 5 years.

JPP resigned for a one year $10.5 mil deal.

Victor Cruz took a large pay cut to stay on the roster.

And Olivier Vernon of course. $85 mil over 5 years

Is Manziel still a Brown for now?

Yes 4PM yesterday was the earliest he could be cut (salary cap issue for 2015). Up until the day before everyone thought he would be cut then. But then yesterday Adam Schefter was reporting that they may wait a few days to see if there is interest in trade. Others think they may be waiting to see if the NFL suspends him, which could save them some cap room (heard $1M at most).

Most fans (other than his defenders) just want him gone, he's nothing but a distraction. Couple that with losing 4 free agents, and not signing anybody else and the fans are already turning on the new front office and coach. They already hate Haslam and want him to sell the team.

But he's staying in great shape (for clubbing) by going out every night drinking.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/10/johnny-manziel-hollywood-club-browns-warwick/

Most fans (other than his defenders) just want him gone, he's nothing but a distraction. Couple that with losing 4 free agents, and not signing anybody else and the fans are already turning on the new front office and coach. They already hate Haslam and want him to sell the team.

Best way for a fan base to stick it to their front office / ownership group is stop buying tickets and jerseys. They'll hear you pretty quick when there's nothing to replace the millions they dish out to put out a shitty product.

DL Cedric Thornton is supposedly in Dallas today for a physical. I have no idea who he is

Eagles DE/DT

played pretty well last year as a starter. Would prefer if we kept him but probably wouldn't start for us in a 4-3 and will cost too much

• Like 1

Per Schefter Dolphins sign C.J. Anderson to an offer sheet, four year deal worth $18 million.

Broncos have five days to match it.

No way they match that sheet, yeah? Ronnie Hillman and some other name can fill that void quite easily.

Giants signed ILB Keenan Robinson, former Redskin. Looks like the Giants are just signing a completely new defense.

Anyone know what Eric Weddle or Reggie Nelson are likely to do? The Giants don't have too much cap room left (likely around 15-20 mil), and it seems like a 1-2 year signing of a veteran free safety would plug just about every hole on that defense (aside from the other 2 linebackers, but 2/11 spots with average players ain't too bad). Unsure if someone like Weddle or Nelson would accept a small deal though.

I'm guessing Robert Ayers will not be re-signed. He's a very underrated DE imo and a lot of teams could probably use him.

Edited by pun

No way they match that sheet, yeah? Ronnie Hillman and some other name can fill that void quite easily.

Thought about it. I think Elway will let him walk.

Juwan Thompson anybody?

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Maybe Shane Ray could play those positions too. :thinking:

Bold prediction: Shane Ray first player with 3,000 all purpose yards from scrimage and 200 tackles in a single season

If Chris Hogan turns into an All Pro in NE, I might just puke.

:woot: I scooped him up as a throw-in in a trade with your buddy Sarge last year as I liked his moxie, kind of Welker-y... figured his value would be limited as a Bill but worth a shot.

This is awesome.

:woot: I scooped him up as a throw-in in a trade with your buddy Sarge last year as I liked his moxie, kind of Welker-y... figured his value would be limited as a Bill but worth a shot.

This is awesome.

Wouldn't put it past Rex to convince Doug to match, due to his love for the Pats and all.