[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official 2016 Free Agency Thread

bud29

According to this site, the Bears had offered C.J. Anderson more money than the Dolphin did.

https://dawindycity.com/2016/03/13/implications-of-chicago-bears-offer-to-c-j-anderson/

The Bears apparently aren't sold on Langford.

According to this site, the Bears had offered C.J. Anderson more money than the Dolphin did.

https://dawindycity.com/2016/03/13/implications-of-chicago-bears-offer-to-c-j-anderson/

The Bears apparently aren't sold on Langford.

i'm shocked the way this plays out, cj anderson willing to play for less money to play for the fins, NO! no state income tax means he would have taken home more money in fla, regardless ( had den not matched)

i'm shocked the way this plays out, cj anderson willing to play for less money to play for the fins, NO! no state income tax means he would have taken home more money in fla, regardless ( had den not matched)

then why doesn't everyone go play for the Dolphins, Buccs, or Jags?

the nfl places a lot of importance on parity, making sure there is a level playing field and every team has the same ability to compete. I highly doubt they'd just let three teams have an increased ability to attract players because of the state they're located in.

then why doesn't everyone go play for the Dolphins, Buccs, or Jags?

the nfl places a lot of importance on parity, making sure there is a level playing field and every team has the same ability to compete. I highly doubt they'd just let three teams have an increased ability to attract players because of the state they're located in.

Or Cowboys or Texans... or probably a few other teams, too lazy to do research and Big John will probably answer in like 3.14 seconds. :woot:

Pi day was yesterday. Those are the tax-friendly states, but is not as lucrative as it sounds as states have imposed income taxes for work done in that state, meaning players have to pay a proportional state tax for their road games.

• Like 1

Jaguars sign LT Beachum away from Steelers

Jaguars signed OT Kelvin Beachum, formerly of the Steelers.

It's an interesting move for a team that has 2013 No. 2 overall pick Luke Joeckel on the blindside, and invested big money in RT Jermey Parnell last offseason. Beachum is recovering from a torn ACL, but will immediately pressure a disappointing Joeckel upon his return to full health. Joeckel was among the league's least effective left tackles last season, while Beachum did a strong job in Pittsburgh the past two years. It's also possible Beachum kicks inside to guard.
Mar 15 - 5:27 PM

:kicksrock:

The off season from hell gets worse. This was the only move the Dolphins made I was happy with.

The S Isa Abdul-Quddus and QB Matt Moore signings were positive, so we got that going for us...

:kicksrock:

States with no state income tax....

AK

SD

FL

TX

NV

WA

WY

Outside of the aforementioned teams in FL and TX, the only other NFL team would be the Seahawks.

Tennessee has no state income tax either, and that would add the Titans to the list of teams. They do have a tax on dividend and interest income (Hall income tax). Pretty sure NFL salaries would be exempt just like any other income an employer pays.

I wonder if the Patriots will use Gronk and Bennett like they used Gronk and Hernandez years ago. :thinking:

Or will Bennett just be Gronk's caddy?

Edited by Wolverines Fan