[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official 2016 Free Agency Thread

bud29

Best way for a fan base to stick it to their front office / ownership group is stop buying tickets and jerseys. They'll hear you pretty quick when there's nothing to replace the millions they dish out to put out a shitty product.

I used to have season tickets but my former friend screwed me out of them, and I'm not unhappy about that. I'm not a jersery buying person, I have one I got cheap in a store long time ago (Courtney Brown #92) very cheap, and bought a hat in the last 5 years. I don't spend money. So I'm doing my part.

But honestly fans attending games and buying merchandise is really peanuts compared to TV money, stadium sponsorships and the like. Other than having am empty stadium look bad on TV it doesn't really hurt the team much. The Lions were horrendous, 0-16 and the fans wanted to crucify Matt Millen, and they still had 10s of thousands at the games. NFL games will never be empty, or close to it.

Colts make their first big splash in Free Agency and sign backup QB, Scott Tolzien. Really? You let someone like Josh Freeman go for this doof?

His resume? Backing up Aaron Rodgers, 2 starts. 1 TD pass, 5 INTs.

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!

Hopefully he paid the Colts to come play for them..

Edited by Shorttynaz

Colts make their first big splash in Free Agency and sign backup QB, Scott Tolzien. Really? You let someone like Josh Freeman go for this doof?

His resume? Backing up Aaron Rodgers, 2 starts. 1 TD pass, 5 INTs.

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!

Hopefully he paid the Colts to come play for them..

Considering all the free agency mistakes the Colts have made in the last few years, the Colts not making a splash in free agency is probably a good thing. And if Luck goes down, I don't think it'll matter who is at quarterback. Has a Super Bowl ever been won with a backup quarterback at the helm?

Has a Super Bowl ever been won with a backup quarterback at the helm?

That was before the QBs were diluted. Backups at the beginning of the year who won the SB that season include Brady, Hostetlier, Williams, Plunkett, Staubach, Bradshaw and Dilfer.

Edited by Big John
  • Like 1

Best way for a fan base to stick it to their front office / ownership group is stop buying tickets and jerseys. They'll hear you pretty quick when there's nothing to replace the millions they dish out to put out a shitty product.

This is pretty much nullified by profit sharing right?

ie all the teams would collectively absorb the hit if a fanbase were to orchestrate this kinda thing, and none would end up relatively better or worse off than any other, or am i wrong?

Edited by pun

Another talented WR for Alex to ignore

bruh jeremy maclin saw 124 targets last year, converting into 87 catches, in 15 games...

he had 2 fewer catches in 16 games for that fast-paced philly offense the year prior (but yes, did have more targets -- 143)

i feel what you're saying in general but there's an example of where the statement isn't exactly valid

Edited by darin3

bruh jeremy maclin saw 124 targets last year, converting into 87 catches, in 15 games...

he had 2 fewer catches in 16 games for that fast-paced philly offense the year prior (but yes, did have more targets -- 143)

i feel what you're saying in general but there's an example of where the statement isn't exactly valid

Bitter Conley and Wilson owner

absolute smoochieing steal

smoochie you Grigson for letting him get away.

Best FA deal by far.

LOL. This year he's not going to make any mistakes by signing wash-ups, instead he's making mistakes by letting key players go and resigning the wrong ones.

This guy has got the be the absolute worst GM in all of the NFL.

This guy has got the be the absolute worst GM in all of the NFL.

Apparently we'll need to have a celebrity death match style fight between Grigson and Tannenbaum on this (and yes I realize he is not the GM, but this off-season reeks of his influence).