[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bell released';

Big John

12 hours ago, LordOpie said:

That implies he still has value?

He stinks.  He's lost any explosiveness he ever had.  His hesitation steps no longer work and without that quickness in shifting, Bell brings NOTHING to the table.  He's average at best.  Some team will pick him up, but the guy's days as a backfield stud are defintely behind him.   

The other thing behind his release includes some info not released to the press fro last season.  (From a person I know who is in the know about certain things at the Atlantic Health Training facility in Florham Park).  THings like showing up to the facility completely inebriated and other issues unrelated to play on the field.  THe tweets from Monday/Sunday by him were the straw to break the Jets back and eat all that money.   Bell is a train wreck of a human. He's nowhere near Antonio Brown levels but pretty bad and it's kept very quiet.

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He stinks.  He's lost any explosiveness he ever had.  His hesitation steps no longer work and without that quickness in shifting, Bell brings NOTHING to the table.  He's average at best.  Some team will pick him up, but the guy's days as a backfield stud are defintely behind him.   

The other thing behind his release includes some info not released to the press fro last season.  (From a person I know who is in the know about certain things at the Atlantic Health Training facility in Florham Park).  THings like showing up to the facility completely inebriated and other issues unrelated to play on the field.  THe tweets from Monday/Sunday by him were the straw to break the Jets back and eat all that money.   Bell is a train wreck of a human. He's nowhere near Antonio Brown levels but pretty bad and it's kept very quiet.

I understand you don’t like him being a Jets fan, but I think this has way more to do with the situation he was in. The team is really bad, and Gase made him feel unwanted from the jump. And they never even made an attempt to use him to his potential. I’m not saying that makes it ok for him to show up late and drunk to meetings, but this is one of those times where just getting out of that situation is going to make a significant change. 

Edited by Finn5033

4 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

I don’t understand why everyone thinks he’s just all of a sudden terrible. He’s been terribly mis-used there and Playing behind a horrible line. I bet he’ll be pretty good if he can end up in the right situation 

You clearly have not watched him.  He's not even close to the same Lev Bell. 

9 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

I understand you don’t like him being a Jets fan, but I think this has way more to do with the situation he was in. The team is really bad, and Gase made him feel unwanted from the jump. And they never even made an attempt to use him to his potential. I’m not saying that makes it ok for him to show up late and drunk to meetings, but this is one of those times where just getting out of that situation is going to make a significant change. 

You just haven't watched him at all.  He has zero burst.  His hesitation and shifting directions is in slow motion now.  You are just assuming he's the same Lev Bell.  Any team that picks him up will see it in a nano second.  He is absolutely a mere shell of his former self.  I've been following and watching anything I can since 2019.  Clear as day.  It's why no team wanted him last year (or this year for that matter).

Edited by Dcat

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You just haven't watched him at all.  He has zero burst.  His hesitation and shifting directions is in slow motion now.  You are just assuming he's the same Lev Bell.  Any team that picks him up will see it in a nano second.  He is absolutely a mere shell of his former self.  I've been following and watching anything I can since spring.

What I’m saying is that it has more to do with the situation than his losing a step or being a shell of himself. He looked like that because he wasn’t motivated and didn’t want to be there. His coach basically said he didn’t want him there before he even played a game for them and it snowballed from there. I’m not saying he is the same guy as he was in Pittsburgh, I’m saying we don’t know what he really has still. I’m sure it’s somewhere in the middle. But I have not doubt that he’s not as bad as he looked playing for the Jets.

Edited by Finn5033

19 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

What I’m saying is that it has more to do with the situation than his losing a step or being a shell of himself. He looked like that because he wasn’t motivated and didn’t want to be there. His coach basically said he didn’t want him there before he even played a game for them and it snowballed from there. I’m not saying he is the same guy as he was in Pittsburgh, I’m saying we don’t know what he really has still. I’m sure it’s somewhere in the middle. But I have not doubt that he’s not as bad as he looked playing for the Jets.

Playing behind the Jets OL, of course.  Any RB will look better, even a scrub, playing behind a competent OL.  But Bell is not the same Bell.  Watch closely.  He has lost his quick cuts and shifts.  He is a fire hydrant now compared to the old Bell.  Again, watch what he has looked like and you will clearly see it is not all on the Jets.  Bell is nothing more than your avrage JAG RB now.  ANd that was true when the Jets signed him last year too.  

Edited by Dcat

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Playing behind the Jets OL, of course.  Any RB will look better, even a scrub, playing behind a competent OL.  But Bell is not the same Bell.  Watch closely.  He has lost his quick cuts and shifts.  He is a fire hydrant now compared to the old Bell.  Again, watch what he has looked like and you will clearly see it is not all on the Jets.  Bell is nothing more than your avrage JAG RB now.  ANd that was true when the Jets signed him last year too.  

Agree to disagree. You’ve obviously watched him more and I understand that. And again I don’t expect him to be what he was in Pittsburgh. But it’s human nature to regress when you are in a situation you hate. I think a lot of that lost burst you see is from an extremely unhappy unmotivated person. Get him on a team where he his happy again and you will see some of that burst return. I’m not a Bell fan and not invested in him fantasy wise so this isn’t just me wishful thinking. Just my gut feeling.

6 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

no thank you... I'd rather DEN go with Lindsay as starter and Freeman as #2 -- I'd also like DEN to release Gordon.

I watched Gordon play in HS.  I hope this was just a one time mistake for him.  He seemed like a good kid.

• Thanks 1

Bell might do OK if he lands in a great opportunity, but so could some of the 2nd and 3rd string RBs on teams now (D'Ernest Johnson of the Browns). If part of the issue was stuff like showing up drunk and generally being unhappy at how he was being used with the Jets and not making any effort, what team wants that. Is there a contender struggling for help at RB (it isn't KC) that would sign him? 

Did you see the 3rd down and 1 pitch play to him this past Sunday - he looked like a sloth trying to turn the corner. Either he was severely dogging it or he's done. A contender may get some value out of him but his burst is gone. 

anonymous 

Edited by Dcat