[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Divisional Round games chat

Wolverines Fan

12 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I feel so sad for Brees, no I dont. He sucks ass water! 

He single-handedly cost them that game.  Awful finish to a great career. Just awful!

10 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Tom Brady proved why he's the GOAT and Brees got owned by the old man. Say his name Drew! 

I know they said Brees announced before the game that he was retiring. That game should cement that announcement.  He played like he knew his career was over. Winston made the best throw of the game for the Saints, certainly the longest. 

Rajncajn is gonna cry himself to sleep tonight, going back to the Aints next year. 

Edited by irish

13 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Tom Brady proved why he's the GOAT and Brees got owned by the old man. Say his name Drew! 

Brady didn't exactly light the world on fire.   If anything he showed how he was won a majority of playoff games throughout his career......with a great defense, solid kicking and serviceable numbers from him.  No.......I'm not bitter he won......not even a little.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, irish said:

He single-handedly cost them that game.  Awful finish to a great career. Just awful!

I think we can all agree that Brees can't throw deep anymore. The Bucs know it.

Bucs db's were sitting on short routes to safety valve Michael Thomas all evening.

I hope Brees retires. Time to hang it up.

26 minutes ago, irish said:

I know they said Brees announced before the game that he was retiring. That game should cement that announcement.  He played like he knew his career was over. Winston made the best throw of the game for the Saints, certainly the longest. 

Rajncajn is gonna cry himself to sleep tonight, going back to the Aints next year. 

No he didn't. Drew has never said that he was retiring. Every time he's been asked he said that he doesn't want the game to be about him. 

I'm hardly crying about anything. They lost,  Drew had a bad game,  Tampa played better and they deserved to win. I'd much rather lose because we played a bad game than what we've dealt with in past playoff losses.  The only thing that really bothers me is Drew possibly going out like that. As I said in the other thread,  he deserves better than the criticism he faces now. He's dealt with criticism pretty much his entire career and very little of it deserved. 

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, rajncajn said:

No he didn't. Drew has never said that he was retiring. Every time he been asked he said that he doesn't want the hand to be about him. 

I'm hardly crying about anything. They lost,  Drew had a bad game,  Tampa played better and they deserved to win. I'd much rather lose because we played a bad game than what we've dealt with in past playoff losses.  The only thing that really bothers me is Drew possibly going out like that. As I said in the other thread,  he deserves better than the criticism he faces now.

First, it was reported during the game that he told Glazer that he was retiring after this season, just going off that. If that's not the case, then terrible reporting. 

Secondly, he'll get better when he puts the gold jacket on, for right now, after that game, he'll get trashed. That's the way it works, he cost his team the game, he literally threw it away. He deserves the exact criticism he's getting right now. 

Lastly, I was jesting when I said you were crying, you're not a 5 year old who didn't get a snack after dinner. I know you'll be just fine. So chuckle about it, rather than defend it. Sorry for your loss, I'd be a bit agitated tonight if that were my team. I had the Saints in a survivor league that went into the playoffs and am pissed. 

Edited by irish

27 minutes ago, irish said:

First, it was reported during the game that he told Glaser that he was retiring after this season, just going off that. If that's not the case, then terrible reporting. 

I expect that he will retire,  but Glazer never said that Drew told him that and of course Buck and Aikman will take what Glazer said as Gospel. I really don't think that Drew, considering how mindful he is about every detail of his career,  would announce his retirement thru Jay Glazer. But typical for those guys,  they want to be the one who breaks the story or make themselves out to be the guy in the know.

What Brees has said and has been saying all along is that he's not making any announcements because he doesn't want the game to be about him. 

Edited by rajncajn

Didn't watch the game but last year I thought Brees' arm strength had declined somewhat and a Super Bowl run was unlikely, for that reason and others.  But if he really was throwing it that badly I am wondering if he had a flare up of his rib issue. It sounds like based on the chatter this may be the end of the line.  1 SB is nice but I am sure the NOLA fans felt there should have been more.

Old man Brady cheats retirement for one more year.  I have to believe Brady might be done after next year though. But he'll probably prove me wrong. 

Edited by purplemonster

40 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Can you imagine if somehow Brady wins a Superbowl with this squad? As if he's not already a legend. 

Not out of the realm of possibility. He has arguably the best collection of offensive talent around him in Evans, Godwin, Brown, Gronk, Brate, Jones and Fournette. An offensive line that kept him uber clean especially against the great front group from Washington and Saints this week. And that Bucs' defense is solid and very opportunistic. 

But now we're down to the big boys! The Packers and Rodgers in cold Lambeau.  If they somehow pass that test, it'll likely be followed by the other worldly Chiefs or up and coming Bills with Allen. 

13 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I expect that he will retire,  but Glazer never said that Drew told him that and of course Buck and Aikman will take what Glazer said as Gospel. I really don't think that Drew, considering how mindful he is about every detail of his career,  would announce his retirement thru Jay Glazer. But typical for those guys,  they want to be the one who breaks the story or make themselves out to be the guy in the know.

What Brees has said and has been saying all along is that he's not making any announcements because he doesn't want the game to be about him. 

https://brobible.com/sports/article/fox-drew-brees-jameis-winston-saints/

Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) Tweeted:
.@JayGlazer says Drew Brees will retire after this season

He says this will be Brees' last game ever in the Superdome https://t.co/R3T4dkWLY1 https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1350953257510776832?s=20

Several good clips here. 

Edited by irish
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, irish said:

But now we're down to the big boys! The Packers and Rodgers in cold Lambeau.  If they somehow pass that test, it'll likely be followed by the other worldly Chiefs or up and coming Bills with Allen. 

You could be right but don't forget that Tampa blew the Pack out earlier in the season and Tom Brady is indeed a cold weather QB. 

7 hours ago, irish said:

https://brobible.com/sports/article/fox-drew-brees-jameis-winston-saints/

Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) Tweeted:
.@JayGlazer says Drew Brees will retire after this season

He says this will be Brees' last game ever in the Superdome https://t.co/R3T4dkWLY1 https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1350953257510776832?s=20

Several good clips here. 

So,  exactly what I said.  "Jay Glazer says" not Drew Brees says or Drew Brees has reported.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

So,  exactly what I said.  "Jay Glazer says" not Drew Brees says or Drew Brees has reported.

Right, technicality. Brees did say it to Glazer who then said it to the world. So, we'll wait for Brees to have a presser now. 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Brees reminded me a lot of Manning when he was on the decline; it's very hard to watch. 

Agreed it was very hard to watch and I just kept thinking and hoping that the real Brees was gonna show up, especially with Brady still doing it on the other side. However, you know it's over when crab legs has to come in and throw a TD pass for Brees, that he couldn't even punt that far and then to tell Crabby Patty that the team is know his, while tears welled up in his eyes, at the end of the game. 

8 minutes ago, irish said:

Right, technicality. Brees did say it to Glazer who then said it to the world. So, we'll wait for Brees to have a presser now. 

Jesus dude,  you really,  really hate to be wrong about anything don't you?  I'll hold any more reply on the subject until you're actually able to come back with anything whatsoever that says that Brees told him or anyone else for that matter,  that he was in fact going to retire prior to Sunday's game. 

• Haha 1