[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Fuller to the Dolphins

Wolverines Fan

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

If Tua can play then watch out for Miami. They have picks #3 & 18. If they pair Fuller with Ja'Marr Chase or Pitts look out! 

They already have Gesicki too. 

17 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

They could possibly get Ja'Marr Chase or Pitts at 3 AND Travis Etienne or Najee Harris at RB #18. How insane would that be? 

They'd be loaded up and could seriously be in position to contend for the AFC East Title. 

23 minutes ago, darin3 said:

And Devante Parker and Preston Williams.

I'm excited for them, and if they somehow ended up with Watson, they'd be great!

47 minutes ago, stethant said:

Now go get a QB at #3 and let's get this party started!!!

Real question, why is everyone already jumping off of the Tua Train?  Just because of his performance last season?  

12 minutes ago, irish said:

Real question, why is everyone already jumping off of the Tua Train?  Just because of his performance last season?  

Not sure but they picked him #5 overall last season. I can't see a scenario where they'd draft his replacement at 3. Unless they are really concerned about his hip. Which in that case they should of thought about that a year ago. 

22 hours ago, irish said:

So for me, he was injured and had to take a bunch of time off then his chance came in the first year of NFL action and his performance was.....concerning. Yes, Lamar Jackson looked not very good in his first year so there is certainly an opportunity for improvement. All I'm saying is that if a rock-star QB falls into your lap at #3 and you have the extra draft pics, take another swing at THE most important position on your team. More swings = better chance you get it right.

If you have Tua and you pass on the next Mahomes or Watson, how will you feel about that? Can't predict the future - agree - but Miami is unlikely to be back at #3 in the first round for at least the next 2-3 years.

Edited by stethant

37 minutes ago, stethant said:

So for me, he was injured and had to take a bunch of time off then his chance came in the first year of NFL action and his performance was.....concerning. Yes, Lamar Jackson looked not very good in his first year so there is certainly an opportunity for improvement. All I'm saying is that if a rock-star QB falls into your lap at #3 and you have the extra draft pics, take another swing at THE most important position on your team. More swings = better chance you get it right.

If you have Tua and you pass on the next Mahomes or Watson, how will you feel about that? Can't predict the future - agree - but Miami is unlikely to be back at #3 in the first round for at least the next 2-3 years.

This for sure but like you said, we don't know if any of the current prospects are "Mahomes" but you likely won't have this high of a pick. However, I was just saying that I remember, especially prior to injury, how everyone was drooling over Tua.  Time will tell...

2 hours ago, stethant said:

Bunch of teams passed on the actual Mahomes because they didn't figure he'd be as special as who they were drafting (e.g. Browns could use a QB but took Garrett) or worse yet thought there were better QBs (e.g. Bears took Trubisky). Same for Watson who went 12th overall. 

The issue is many of these top 10 players drafted flame out, QBs at a higher rate than most others. If the Dolphins are drafting a QB high they're admitting Tua won't be special. 

16 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Bunch of teams passed on the actual Mahomes because they didn't figure he'd be as special as who they were drafting (e.g. Browns could use a QB but took Garrett) or worse yet thought there were better QBs (e.g. Bears took Trubisky). Same for Watson who went 12th overall. 

Yeah, the big knock on Mahomes was that he was a gunslinger in college and played outside the lines. He was a wildman. I could see why a lot of teams passed on him at the time. However 

I didn't understand why Watson fell so low. I felt that he should of been drafted much higher, especially after that Championship game.