[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

YahhooFF waiver blocking question

FinishTheDrill

How long does a player need to be held on your roster for him to go to waivers (instead of FA) when you drop him.

I know that adding and then dropping a player within 5 minutes does not send him to waivers, they are still a FA. 

I know that holding them for 2 days and then dropping sends them to waivers, not free agency.

So, whats the minimum length of time they must be held to lock out of free agency?  I cannot find the info anywhere in any settings.

If you churn your leagues feel free, but try that in 1 of mine and you will not be invited back

Most of my owners have been around to 5-10 years and none of them would tolerate a noob owner attempting to do this.

Like getting yourself fired by 1st break, level stupidity 

On 10/2/2021 at 10:53 PM, Shaft said:

Depending on the league, yes it's viewed as "shady."

Also how it works, whether it be on Yahoo, CBS, MFL, or any other league site is probably dependent on the setting for that league. Sometimes people ask questions here that should be directed to their commissioner (if there is a real human doing that) or the support staff of the league management software. 

Sometimes the simple answer is "I don't know" or "depends on how your league is setup". 

As for roster churning, we don't have rules against it but since you pay $2 for every player added to your team most owners don't even try. Our owner who always leads the league in roster moves will add and then drop a player in the same week, maybe 2-3 times a year. But that's not roster churning, he just found somebody better than that the guy he just added and would rather have him. Plus at least with our CBS league every player I drop from my team has to go thru waivers, doesn't matter if I held them for 5 minutes of 5 days. But depending on when they're released it is possible they won't clear waivers until after this week is completed. 

Edited by stevegrab

I am pretty surprised at the negative views on roster churn.    By churning you force people to be more acutely aware and on top of things, and it pushes or increases others use of waiver position.    Its something that you have control over, unlike getting 7th round draft pick or having 3 starters go out on IR, which is at the whim of gods of chance. 

Its pushes the league to be a bit more cut throat imo.  Of course, ymmv.    I think an argument can be made that a dim view of or effective use of waiver ads and FA adds/drops is a bit JV level.  

No biggie.  I was just asking.  

46 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

I am pretty surprised at the negative views on roster churn.    By churning you force people to be more acutely aware and on top of things, and it pushes or increases others use of waiver position.    Its something that you have control over, unlike getting 7th round draft pick or having 3 starters go out on IR, which is at the whim of gods of chance. 

Its pushes the league to be a bit more cut throat imo.  Of course, ymmv.    I think an argument can be made that a dim view of or effective use of waiver ads and FA adds/drops is a bit JV level.  

No biggie.  I was just asking.  

Dude, waiver churning is bush league.  Plain and simple.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

I am pretty surprised at the negative views on roster churn.    By churning you force people to be more acutely aware and on top of things, and it pushes or increases others use of waiver position.    Its something that you have control over, 

But not all owners are equal, if a league mate is a childless unemployed A-hole, and is able to stay up from 1-4am to churn every free agent in the league , I'm not sure how this makes the league better.  Nor, if all but 1 owner is est and the last is pst and fcfs waivers start at midnight, their is an inherent advantage in the league

That's why I prefer no fcfs waivers and just once weekly blind bid waivers 

Edited by millworkguy