[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flacco traded to Jets

Big John

7 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I think they'll still start that other rookie, and have Flacco as the backup.  Not that it really means much to anyone other than Corey Davis perhaps.

Mike White who played in relief yesterday?  Never head of him, so I went looking (why would an NFL team have 2 rookie QBs as their top 2 :blink:) .

He was drafted in 2018 by the Cowboys, but not sure how much he was on an active roster before this year, that was the first time he played in a game. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Thank God! This means that the Eagles can finally activate Minshew! Apparently there was wording in Flacco's contract that prevented them from promoting Minshew. 

What a manure show philly is in that you are thanking god that they can now start Minshew. 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, MacAttak said:

What a manure show philly is in that you are thanking god that they can now start Minshew. 🤷‍♂️

And that their front office would give their backup QB some control (via a contract clause) over being replaced. 

Edited by stevegrab

On 10/25/2021 at 7:36 PM, stevegrab said:

And that their front office would give their backup QB some control (via a contract clause) over being replaced. 

That's what I was wondering, I would think any front office would laugh if that was suggested. I don't think you ever want to give a player control over who plays like that regardless of who they are. Is that a real stipulation in the contract? 

10 hours ago, purplemonster said:

That's what I was wondering, I would think any front office would laugh if that was suggested. I don't think you ever want to give a player control over who plays like that regardless of who they are. Is that a real stipulation in the contract? 

Don't know how real it was or how anybody would really know the details of any NFL contract.  The media gets bits and pieces, but I guarantee nobody outside the agent and team officials know all the details. I suspect this is something floated by somebody in the media, based at off best some 2nd hand info from somebody that "heard something".