[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers agree to deal

League_Champion

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

You're thinking of Cam when he was good.  Before he ruined that shoulder and all.  He was useless in NE.  You think he will be better in Carolina?  If so, why?  McCaffery owners could get vultured at goal line though. But Darnold ddid that early in the year too.

I agree. Cam is done, the arm is shot. He couldn't make any throws in NE. 

The belief is that Darnold is done for the year, folks inside the organization are operating as if he is. 

11 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Well,  there's elm,  beech,  oak,  pecan (that's puh-cahn) and maple to name just a few. Then you have your conifer trees like pine,  spruce, cedar and fir. This are fairly easy,  but then you start getting into varieties of each and things get a little more crazy. 

Yeah, thats all well and good.  But stop to cross into a Larch (deciduous conifer!? ) and such craziness...

Plus, there are some Tree Roots that you cant even see.  

yes, it can get interesting real quick. 

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

You're thinking of Cam when he was good.  Before he ruined that shoulder and all.  He was useless in NE.  You think he will be better in Carolina?  If so, why?  McCaffery owners could get vultured at goal line though. But Darnold ddid that early in the year too.

He had covid in NE, and it may have been abck before the monoclonal therapies were rolled out up there.  I dont know.   

Cam's arm is long in the tooth, and there were many times he was flat out just bad last year (even he said it!) but some of it may be attributed to post covid fog.  

Or not. 

48 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Even if he wasn't, you would think the powers that be have seen enough. 

Very likely, which, regardless of injury, could be the reason why they're shelving him, using the injury as a easy ready- made excuse. 

21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

of course.  But whoat could have been....

Honestly just happy he is back. In my 32 team single copy league,  I'm going against a perennial contender, he had 

Dillon zeke Diggs kelce against my cook, cmc, Allen Adam's and due to injury Conklin 

9 hours ago, Shaft said:

Do we think he will become the starter or be used more like a Taysom Hill gimmick role?

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Looks like a gimmick role. They obviously didn't want him throwing. Such a different team when McCaffrey is in there though. 

A sample of one looks like TayHill-style usage.   It could be because he's been on the team for 48 hours, but hopefully for them its a part fo the game plan.  I think he can be explosive, but we all know his arm and to a degree last year his decision making was lacking.  With a combined approach they'll be a better team for it.   Bye bye samD.  

On 11/14/2021 at 2:27 AM, Wolverines Fan said:

Agree. Newton and Moore played together for two seasons I think it was.

They should have some instant chemistry.

And Moore should get back on track.

This was the exact same thinking with Darnold and Robbie Anderson. Look how that turned out.