[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks

League_Champion

2 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Should be tattood someplace obvious.  

I'd like to tatoo it onto Mike Maccagnan's forehead.  But more like how Lt. Aldo Raine did it in Inglourious Basterds.  Not only did Maccagnan pass up Watson and Mahomes for a freaking safety early in rd 1...  then he drafted a 2nd safety with the Jets 2nd rd pick (Maye).  I'm sure the NFL has Maccagnan in some sort of protective custody program because Jets fans hate him to the core.  He wouldn't draft a QB because he had drafted Hackenberg in round 2 the year before.  Hack was so bad, he never saw the field.  Everyone, but the NY jets that is, knew it.  PFF said he was undraftable. He had zero accuracy.  He threw the ball like Ricky Vaughn in Major League before they got him glasses.  

Edited by Dcat
  • Haha 1

On 12/11/2021 at 7:40 AM, League_Champion said:

You can't say that. Everyone projected Adams to be star coming out of LSU. If the Jets didn't draft him someone else would of been right there to nab him. It was absolutely the right pick at the time, bad in hindsight. 

I absolutely wanted him on the Bears.  We were in desperate need of a defensive playmaker and we opted to move up for Trubisky.  :kicksrock:  

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Anything to it? 

Russell Wilson scrubs Seahawks from Twitter bio in NFL offseason twist

https://nypost.com/2022/02/25/russell-wilson-scrubs-seahawks-from-twitter-bio/amp/

Yes its means he wants more attention on his off season. It could mean he is unhappy with how things are going in SEA, but then I'm pretty sure that was already known. 

Considering he's under contract and has a no trade clause moving him will not be easy as both he and the Seahawks must be satisfied, along with whatever team is involved. 

Seahawks had many problems last year, including the injury to Wilson and Carson. They lost to some bad teams (MIN, WAS, CHI) and beat some good teams, notably SF twice. 

17 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Considering he's under contract and has a no trade clause moving him will not be easy as both he and the Seahawks must be satisfied, along with whatever team is involved

I think he's all about the drama as well, very Rodgers like. But I do disagree, If he wants out he'll be easy to move. There are so many good teams that need QBs right now who will overpay to get one. There's nothing in free agency and this draft class sucks bad for QBs. Now would be the time.for him to shizz or get off the pot. 

Edited by League_Champion

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, League_Champion said:

the Seahawks would be insane not to accept that offer

:blink:

I'm hearing it was two picks and essentially the same offer that Detroit accepted for Stafford.  Seahawks would be stupid to trade a franchise QB for that.

You have seen Wilson play without a broken hand...no?  Or the last 3 games of the season where he seemingly got healthy and threw 10 TDs to 1 INT?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobby Brown said:

:blink:

I'm hearing it was two picks and essentially the same offer that Detroit accepted for Stafford.  Seahawks would be stupid to trade a franchise QB for that.

You have seen Wilson play without a broken hand...no?  Or the last 3 games of the season where he seemingly got healthy and threw 10 TDs to 1 INT?

Homerism aside, do you seriously think that the Seahawks can currently compete in that division? I think they'd be doing themselves a disservice if they didn't try to maximize his value now. 

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

do you seriously think that the Seahawks can currently compete in that division? 

No.  A healthy Russell Wilson has never shown an ability to elevate a team to a competitive level during his career. Even if Wilson was any good, it's not like having a QB means much.

No chance they can be a winning team in 2022; because teams having moderate to substantialy different records in consecutive years never happens.  Lockett and Metcalf are probably the two worst starting WRs in the NFL, there really isn't any good players at all on the team. Having one of the best cap situations in the NFL won't help either.

Rams, Cards, and 49ers are elite and should be dominating the NFL for years.  No such thing as parity in the NFL and no way something like two lower playoff seeds or a 10-7 team making it to the SB could ever happen.

They should grab a couple draft picks while they can and hand the keys over to Geno Smith.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

No.  A healthy Russell Wilson has never shown an ability to elevate a team to a competitive level during his career. Even if Wilson was any good, it's not like having a QB means much.

No chance they can be a winning team in 2022; because teams having moderate to substantialy different records in consecutive years never happens.  Lockett and Metcalf are probably the two worst starting WRs in the NFL, there really isn't any good players at all on the team. Having one of the best cap situations in the NFL won't help either.

Rams, Cards, and 49ers are elite and should be dominating the NFL for years.  No such thing as parity in the NFL and no way something like two lower playoff seeds or a 10-7 team making it to the SB could ever happen.

They should grab a couple draft picks while they can and hand the keys over to Geno Smith.

What would you do with your Russell Wilson footy pajamas? 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

It is pointless to have a discussion with LC, he thinks he knows more than everybody and is never wrong. And when he has no facts to counter your reality, he insults or deflects. 

10 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

It is pointless to have a discussion with LC, he thinks he knows more than everybody and is never wrong. And when he has no facts to counter your reality, he insults or deflects. 

Who's deflecting? I believe that the Seahawks are the 4th best team in their division which is FACT until they prove me wrong. Thus i believe that now is the time to maximize Russell Wilson's value, and a lot of experts agree. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Who's deflecting? I believe that the Seahawks are the 4th best team in their division which is FACT until they prove me wrong. Thus i believe that now is the time to maximize Russell Wilson's value, and a lot of experts agree. 

I don't think the hawks are in a position where they are compelled to trade him.  Like many teams, they experienced a lot of injuries.. if they can get a decent, healthy rb and  o-line i think they can be back in the hunt.  if the 49ers go with lance, there may be a regression. cards do not seem stable at the moment either

Edit:  and we do not know how FA will impact the rams (plus mcvay speculation)

Edited by Bier Meister
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Who's deflecting? 

Your assertion was that the Seahawks will be unable to be compete.   While the overall rosters of LA and San Fran (who Seattle swept in 2021) were better; it wasn't leaps and bounds better when you consider injury.

A healthy RW, a healthy RB corp, and whoever they add as anticipated free agent players;  makes Seattle a susbtabtially better team than last year. It's not a leap of logic to anticipate they reasonably get 3 to 4 games better with a healthy Russell Wilson alone.  10 or 11 wins is enough to be 'competitive.'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

Your assertion was that the Seahawks will be unable to be compete.

Yes, that's my personal belief. I believe that Seattle is the 4th best team in that division. You're giving me a lot of ifs. What if everyone else gets better as well?? What if The Cardinals get a stud RB, what if Trey Lance turns out to be a stud? What if?

Edited by League_Champion

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

You're giving me a lot of ifs.

Not really. Wilson never missed a game until this year.  When he returned he sucked dog doo, which was certainly attributable to his gimpy throwing hand.

He's been a starting NFL QB for 10 seasons and went into the playoffs in 8 of those 10 seasons.

I'm not throwing out a lot of 'ifs' or making knee jerk 'hot takes.'  I'm using factual data, logic, and a rudimentary knowledge of how having a healthy RW impacts a team.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Not really. Wilson never missed a game until this year.  When he returned he sucked dog doo, which was certainly attributable to his gimpy throwing hand.

He's been a starting NFL QB for 10 seasons and went into the playoffs in 8 of those 10 seasons.

I'm not throwing out a lot of 'ifs' or making knee jerk 'hot takes.'  I'm using factual data, logic, and a rudimentary knowledge of how having a healthy RW impacts a team.  

Fair enough. I just think you're way more optimistic than most. 

I really feel bad for my Seahawk fan friends.

Pete Carroll is an ass.  From that stupid playcall  that lost them a Superbowl win to his selling the team's future assets for a very mediocre Jamal Adams (as has been proven over the last 2 years for any of you who continued to believe in the myth of Adams being a great player).

Seahawk fans deserve better.  You've been screwed.