[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Breaking Bad

irish

Spoiler

And I'm not trying to sway anybody into watching BB.

When I started it the first time, I didn't understand why goofy Hal from Malcolm was in this role.

Turns out, he was perfect. You take him as a weak man in the beginning. The morphing into evil was genius.

12 minutes ago, chester said:

Spoiler

When I started it the first time, I didn't understand why goofy Hal from Malcolm was in this role.

Turns out, he was perfect. You take him as a weak man in the beginning. The morphing into evil was genius.

Hal? = Walt?

If so, his character morphing and the shizz he does was incredible!

2 hours ago, chester said:

Spoiler

Verbal Kent or Alfie Solomons?

1 hour ago, chester said:

You really didn't know that? Or are you messing with me?

Did you know he was on Seinfeld? 

No, I didn't. Had to look it up. 

49 minutes ago, chester said:

Funny Emmy moment during the time that BB was at the top

Had to look back to see him as Tim Watley, the dentist. Funny stuff!

On 12/25/2021 at 2:02 AM, irish said:

Had to look back to see him as Tim Watley, the dentist. Funny stuff!

Clearly not a real dude ;)

I really enjoyed the show, and knew a lot of people who did that covered a broad range of demographics. But I never thought those who didn't care for it were outliers. Possibly because I don't often follow he crowd, many of the greatest shows and movies never appealed to me (24, Friends, Titanic, etc.)  I like things like racing that few in America care for (outside of NASCAR and Supercross).

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

If you like stand up comedy and you feel this way, check out "dry bar comedy"

We watch it all the time. Samsung carries that channel. I like dramas, I just didn't care for that one.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

Gotta side with Rajn on this. Both of my brother in laws raved about this show, one of the best ever they said. We watched it up until the episode with the fly. I was done, but they convinced the wife to keep going because “it got better”, so she pushed on. I reluctantly went along. Watching each episode felt like I was a kid trying to choke down something I hated at dinner just get it over with. 

My reasons for not liking it - I couldn’t stand most of the characters. Loathed them actually. There was a very brief part of the story I enjoyed, but it was minor and over with quickly. Good for you if you liked this show, but if I knew then what I know now though I would have never wasted the time. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SeductiveNun said:

Gotta side with Rajn on this. Both of my brother in laws raved about this show, one of the best ever they said. We watched it up until the episode with the fly. I was done, but they convinced the wife to keep going because “it got better”, so she pushed on. I reluctantly went along. Watching each episode felt like I was a kid trying to choke down something I hated at dinner just get it over with. 

My reasons for not liking it - I couldn’t stand most of the characters. Loathed them actually. There was a very brief part of the story I enjoyed, but it was minor and over with quickly. Good for you if you liked this show, but if I knew then what I know now though I would have never wasted the time. 

Pretty much my experience as well. I tried to like it because everyone was so into it,  but it just never sucked me in and I felt like I was forcing myself to watch something I didn't really want to watch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Extremely well produce != Great show

We watched all of it and it was well done but not engaging. It's difficult for me to get into a show when none of the characters connect with me

Similarly, we watched all of Yellowstone and Game of thrones, but again, I couldn't care about any of the characters. Also "great" shows.

I know people love "the office", but couldn't get past a few episodes.

Loved The Office & GoTh. Haven't watched Yellowstone yet,  but plan to at some point. 

On 1/1/2022 at 8:50 PM, LordOpie said:

Yellowstone is fantastic, considering that most of the characters are dysfunctional

Haven't watched that one yet. However, after finishing Breaking Bad last night, which was great, I may start it up. 

• 2 months later...

I was flipping thru the channels other day and BB was on, it was the pilot episode and I had forgotten just how wild it was when it all started. 

I was afraid the final season of Better Call Saul was going to move to a streaming platform, glad to see it will be on AMC. 

BB is the greatest show ever made in my opinion. I am enjoying Better Call saul too but not even close to BB. Better call saul is painfully slow 

3 hours ago, whomper said:

BB is the greatest show ever made in my opinion. I am enjoying Better Call saul too but not even close to BB. Better call saul is painfully slow 

Wow!  That is some high praise!  The Sopranos was awesome, Game of Thrones was great too.  The Handmaid's Tale has been a crazy adventure as well. 

3 minutes ago, irish said:

Wow!  That is some high praise!  The Sopranos was awesome, Game of Thrones was great too.  The Handmaid's Tale has been a crazy adventure as well. 

Bb

game of thrones

sopranos

sons of anarchy 

Gomorrah 

my top 5 in order. Gomorrah is an Italian show. Frigging amazing 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, irish said:

Never heard of Handmaid's Tale, but the other two are very popular and always hear people talking about how great they are. Of course many loved The Office and I couldn't stand it. I don't have HBO other other premium cable or pay streaming services so don't have many of these programs available without spending more $$$.  

45 minutes ago, whomper said:

Bb

game of thrones

sopranos

sons of anarchy 

Gomorrah 

my top 5 in order. Gomorrah is an Italian show. Frigging amazing 

Never saw these 2, will need to check them out. 

41 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Never heard of Handmaid's Tale, but the other two are very popular and always hear people talking about how great they are. Of course many loved The Office and I couldn't stand it. I don't have HBO other other premium cable or pay streaming services so don't have many of these programs available without spending more $$$.  

Handmaid's Tale was on Hulu I believe, very twisted and painful to watch some parts but a great show. 

21 minutes ago, irish said:

Never saw these 2, will need to check them out. 

Sons is an amazing show . I really loved it. Gomorrah might be tough for you to find with English subtitles . I believe there are a few seasons on netflix but finding every season is tough. I have an android streaming box that allowed me to get it . Gomorrah is about Mob dealings in Naples. very gritty show. I loved it 

• Thanks 1