[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nagy to be fired

Big John

13 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Pace has done such a fine job, this sh!tshow of an organization may promote him and allow him to find a new GM and head coach.

I read the rumor and am disgusted. 

Let's see Virginia owns the team, her son George is Chairman and long time (nearly 40 year) employee Ted Phillips is president? Any of them going to get relieved of duty, would Ted be gone?

I too heard that Pace may be retained and bumped up the ladder, that sounds like a disastrous idea. 

2nd verse, same as the first....

If Ted and George are the sole decision makers for hiring the "football guys" (aka GM and/or coach), can only fear a repeat of the previous 10 years.  They are simply put, unqualified. 

Main people making the decision on next football operations positions - Ted, George, and Bill Polian.  Sounds like they're going to lean heavily on Bill.  Not going to lie he's a little removed and his accomplishments are from an era passed, not sure I see good things here.   

• Like 1

A lot of media questioning why George and Ted are involved at all given their horrid track record.  George seems like he wasn't expecting such blatant questioning, a lot of dodging in his answers on their involvement. 

Also LOL on the constant references between Bill and his hiring of Dungy.  Again, different era of football George. 

2 hours ago, Def. said:

A lot of media questioning why George and Ted are involved at all given their horrid track record.  George seems like he wasn't expecting such blatant questioning, a lot of dodging in his answers on their involvement. 

Also LOL on the constant references between Bill and his hiring of Dungy.  Again, different era of football George. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result.

• Like 1

What do you do when you don't have a GM in place?  That's right, request to interview a manure load of coaches cause that makes sense. 

Going to do it in reverse again and (the really bad word) it all up. 

42 minutes ago, Def. said:

What do you do when you don't have a GM in place?  That's right, request to interview a manure load of coaches cause that makes sense. 

Going to do it in reverse again and (the really bad word) it all up. 

Are we talking about the Bears?  Or the Dolphins? 

17 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Doug Pederson is rumored. I wouldn't wish that on anyone

So far he's interviewed with JAX, now CHI and sounds like plans to talk to MIN & DEN as well (according to Jason LaCanfora).

Didn't he win a SB for the Eagles? After the disaster that was Chip Kelly after Andy Reid was let go because "he couldn't win the big game". 

31 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Are we talking about the Bears?  Or the Dolphins?

My posts in this thread have been about the Bears.  Plus the Dolphins have a GM.  :shrug:

Edited by Def.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

It is enough to trash all the gear and not look back. 

The presser from George yesterday is pushing me over the edge. In the past, I was excited for change, but the truth is, nothing will.

I might just be done.

But Arlington!

Sorry Gil, it's a rough go right now for you all for sure. 

5 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Frank Reich won a Superbowl there 

Yes he was part of the team's coaching staff, but not the head coach. You may not give credit to Pederson, but the record books do.

Did Carson Wentz also win the SB since he was the QB for most of the season and contributed with an 11-2 record as a starter helping them get to the playoffs etc? 

Frank Reich is a good coach, but he hasn't won a SB as a head coach, and his team choked big time this past weekend. 

1 hour ago, Def. said:

But Arlington!

Sorry Gil, it's a rough go right now for you all for sure. 

Arlington is 10-15 years away from being a reality. Granted, it is a great property. Train access right to its doors. It can or will be a mega plex destination as well. 

I can hope for NFL expansion. If the Jets and Giants and Rams Chargers can coexist in one city, we desperately need another option here.

I can also get behind the Titans, Bills, and Chargers. They all seem like teams I can take my rooting interest to.

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Yes he was part of the team's coaching staff, but not the head coach. You may not give credit to Pederson, but the record books do.

Make no mistake, it was Reich's Superbowl. He was the architect of that entire offense. It was all downhill after he left. But yes, Carson Wentz was responsible as well. Had he not of gotten hurt he would of been the MVP in a runaway. 

2 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Arlington is 10-15 years away from being a reality. Granted, it is a great property. Train access right to its doors. It can or will be a mega plex destination as well. 

I can hope for NFL expansion. If the Jets and Giants and Rams Chargers can coexist in one city, we desperately need another option here.

Agreed, very much think the Bears are using Arlington as a way to have people look away from that man behind the current.