[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Watson news - won't face criminal charges

darin3

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

A very talented creep with a unique skill set. 

But still a creep with a lot of baggage. Before long guys like this will be unemployable in the NFL or almost any sport in America. Fan and media backlash will be too much to take and teams will cave to the pressure. Much like we've see with some of the name changes and really bad guys who've been kicked out of sports.

I don't want him on my team, because I don't trust him to stay out of trouble. He clearly has some pattern of whacky behavior. If you need a sex partner after your massage there are other ways to go about that. 

41 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

But still a creep with a lot of baggage. Before long guys like this will be unemployable in the NFL or almost any sport in America. Fan and media backlash will be too much to take and teams will cave to the pressure. Much like we've see with some of the name changes and really bad guys who've been kicked out of sports.

I don't want him on my team, because I don't trust him to stay out of trouble. He clearly has some pattern of whacky behavior. If you need a sex partner after your massage there are other ways to go about that. 

I agree but isn't there a lot of "creep" in the NFL? The entire league is corrupt and hypocritical. So much so that they have to force racist owners to hire minorities. And Daniel Snyder somehow still owns a team. It is what it is, I guess. 

23 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I agree but isn't there a lot of "creep" in the NFL? The entire league is corrupt and hypocritical. So much so that they have to force racist owners to hire minorities. And Daniel Snyder somehow still owns a team. It is what it is, I guess. 

No not every NFL fan feels the way that you do. 

21 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Lots of conflicting info, from various unnamed sources, makes it impossible to really KNOW what is going on. 

A fellow Browns fan I know who follows the rumors and sports radio more, had this to offer, that he heard from Adam Schefter and others, Browns are offering 

First round picks this year and next

Second round picks this year and next

Greg Newsome

Kareem Hunt

David Njoku

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Lots of conflicting info, from various unnamed sources, makes it impossible to really KNOW what is going on. 

A fellow Browns fan I know who follows the rumors and sports radio more, had this to offer, that he heard from Adam Schefter and others, Browns are offering 

First round picks this year and next

Second round picks this year and next

Greg Newsome

Kareem Hunt

David Njoku

Watson is exactly what the Browns need. They'd be deadly with Watson. 

9 minutes ago, Big John said:

Njoku as they are releasing Hooper?

Wow that's a pretty interesting indicator that someone's story was wrong or that the Browns are now not in the Watson talks anymore.  There's just no way they'd go without both Hooper and Njoku.  

22 hours ago, darin3 said:

Wow that's a pretty interesting indicator that someone's story was wrong or that the Browns are now not in the Watson talks anymore.  There's just no way they'd go without both Hooper and Njoku.  

I agree that it would seem odd to cut Hooper and then trade Njoku. And the Browns had just used the franchise tag on Njoku. Releasing Hooper is expected to be done as a "post June 1 cut" allowing them to spread his $11+ million cap hit over 2 years. He simply didn't produce enough given his contract cost. And the Browns also have a young promising TE in Harrison Bryant that they really like. If the release is a post June 1, I presume that means he's on the roster until then, and could be kept if they ended up trading Njoku, but not sure. 

I could not find more info on the source of the Browns trade offer, but I do feel confident that it does not include Mayfield. Sounds like the Texans are prepared to start Mills if they trade Watson. But Mayfield might still get traded, as I stated earlier as the relationship is now turning cold between he and the Browns. 

13 hours ago, millworkguy said:

I would say that the draft is the latest a decision could come

Some of the teams that are interested may not want to wait that long and could make other moves. 

I wonder how the Texans feel, are the 4 offers really that equitable, or are there ones they'd prefer. Are they going to have any input, or does Watson get to pick (since he can simply say NO to any other offer that Texans would want to accept). 

It appears the Browns are out of the running, was reading something and saw a tweet saying "Browns were informed by Watson's camp at 11AM".  Then I found this

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/03/browns-informed-theyre-out-of-the-deshaun-watson-trade-sweepstakes-could-try-to-trade-for-derek-carr-matt-ryan-and-other-qbs.html

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I agree that it would seem odd to cut Hooper and then trade Njoku. And the Browns had just used the franchise tag on Njoku. Releasing Hooper is expected to be done as a "post June 1 cut" allowing them to spread his $11+ million cap hit over 2 years. He simply didn't produce enough given his contract cost. And the Browns also have a young promising TE in Harrison Bryant that they really like. If the release is a post June 1, I presume that means he's on the roster until then, and could be kept if they ended up trading Njoku, but not sure. 

I could not find more info on the source of the Browns trade offer, but I do feel confident that it does not include Mayfield. Sounds like the Texans are prepared to start Mills if they trade Watson. But Mayfield might still get traded, as I stated earlier as the relationship is now turning cold between he and the Browns. 

Ah, I didn't realize Hooper would have such a big cap hit.  Makes some sense, then.  I recall they did have a promising younger TE in Bryant.

That said...........

39 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

It appears the Browns are out of the running, was reading something and saw a tweet saying "Browns were informed by Watson's camp at 11AM".  Then I found this

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/03/browns-informed-theyre-out-of-the-deshaun-watson-trade-sweepstakes-could-try-to-trade-for-derek-carr-matt-ryan-and-other-qbs.html

Right now it looks like NOS is the leader in the clubhouse.  Watson grew up near ATL and has a relationship with ownership.  He was a ballboy for the Falcons back in the day.  Will that be enough to send him there?  He'd have no one to throw to except Pitts and no one behind him running the ball of note.  I think he has to go to NOS where he'll have Kamara (???) and Thomas.  Then Winston could go to (maybe) Seattle?  

17 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Right now it looks like NOS is the leader in the clubhouse.  Watson grew up near ATL and has a relationship with ownership.  He was a ballboy for the Falcons back in the day.  Will that be enough to send him there?  He'd have no one to throw to except Pitts and no one behind him running the ball of note.  I think he has to go to NOS where he'll have Kamara (???) and Thomas.  Then Winston could go to (maybe) Seattle?  

Some people are thinking it's ATL because of what Pitts tweeted, but we'll find out soon.