[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baker Mayfield to the Panthers

DMD

If there's a Panthers fan here that LC can troll he'll be bashing Baker endlessly. Otherwise he'll root for him and when he does good say "well Cleveland sucks of course he sucked when he played there." 

He's just one of those people that never admits they are wrong, I suspect because he is delusional enough to think he never is wrong. 

PS  I like his "Baker sucks because nobody wanted him" angle. I guess Jimmy G sucks more than Baker, since Baker actually got traded, and is now a starting QB while Jimmy G is still waiting to be released by the 49ers to get a chance to be a backup somewhere. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

He's just one of those people that never admits they are wrong, I suspect because he is delusional enough to think he never is wrong

Steven, how was I wrong? I was the only one who was right. He was a huge disappointment in Cleveland and never lived up to any expectations. He won only 1 flukey playoff game and has mediocre career stats. That's good??

And I will give him a second opportunity. It's a fresh start, new offense, some better WRs, etc. I don't love the coaching staff but hopefully he can overcome all that. For the record I don't "hate" Mayfield, I was just brutally honest in my observations and happened to be correct. 

The Jimmy G situation is way different. He's an older QB coming off of injury, there's money involved, etc. Baker is a young, former first round pick. What's his excuse? 

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Baker Mayfield wins a superbowl in 2022-23 season.   

lol... imagine?

Will it be like the SB that Bernie Kosar won with the Cowboys? (He had one start and lost, played a bunch the week before helping them win.) 

Edited by stevegrab

23 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I would not mind having the 49ers test this out.

18 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Baker Mayfield wins a superbowl in 2022-23 season.   

lol... imagine?

Dilfer did it with that dynamic defense in Balt. Anything is possible….

🤷‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

I say give Wilks the job and be done with it. 

The OL they have there is pretty legit. It was impressive to watch them work. 

So the Panthers didn't need Baker, the 49ers didn't either but the Rams could use him to help win. While Stafford is hurt, and the former Rams QB Goff is helping the Lions go on a tear. 

Oh and Mr. Irrelevant just dispatched the GOAT. And Mr. elite former Texans QB is still not so good. 

QB world is upside down.