[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thursday night football not on cable???

1fastdoc

11 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

Wtf? 

It's always been on the sports networks. No more? 

Damn!  I was trying to rack my brain to remember which Huddler was in Nashville.  I am in your 'hood.  I went to Hattie B's and Tootsie's last night, but ended up coming back to my hotel early 'cuz I knew I could get the game on my iPad and wasn't about to start calling around to see what sports bar had Prime.  :lol:

Sorry I missed ya, I am headed down to Lewisberg for work this morning and then fly out this afternoon.

Man, Nashville has blown up!

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Damn!  I was trying to rack my brain to remember which Huddler was in Nashville.  I am in your 'hood.  I went to Hattie B's and Tootsie's last night, but ended up coming back to my hotel early 'cuz I knew I could get the game on my iPad and wasn't about to start calling around to see what sports bar had Prime.  :lol:

Sorry I missed ya, I am headed down to Lewisberg for work this morning and then fly out this afternoon.

goat and sheep lover...gopher from love boat.  

First off, if you ever want to know what games are broadcast by who, and even in which markets I highly recommend this web site https://506sports.com/  Each week the guy produces maps showing which games are shown, and it also lists the primetime games, their time slots, broadcasters etc.  Don't forget there are 2 MNF games this week, a bit different from prior years, first game at 7:15PM Eastern on ESPN, 2nd game at 8:30 on ABC. 

Yes this does suck, but apparently it is the way of the future of entertainment. Instead of paying $200/month for your TV package with what you need you can pay $10-30/month to 5-10 different companies and probably still not have some stuff you used to enjoy, along with tons of other crap you don't need/want.

I shop at Amazon regularly, I've seen no use for Prime, I don't need immediate free shipping (or anything else they include). I take the whenever free shipping and still usually get the products plenty fast. I'm not ordering things online I need tomorrow, there's stores for that. 

After losing NFL Network and already missing some of the TNF games this was the end for me. Maybe around the holidays when I'm home more with more free time, and my brother is visiting one of us will do a free Prime subscription for games. I get enough with 5 games broadcast most weeks, can watch another 4-5 thru highlights if I want, and that's over half the games each week. 

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

Yeah, Nashville has gotten way out of control.  Used to be the biggest small town.  Now it's just another over-touristy city with inflated property values.  Reach out in the future if you're around.

Jonathan's btw is a chain that always has all the games playing.

One more thing, I think you should be able to find these TNF games in any bar that normally showed NFL games in the pre-streaming era. From what I recall, and see in the article below, a deal was reached that allows DirecTV to feed these games to commercial establishments (they usually have different setups, and pay more for NFL Sunday Ticket stuff). There is also info on how you can do stuff like rewinding while watching on Prime. 

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2022/09/15/amazon-prime-video-thursday-night-football-chiefs-chargers