[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Signs pointing that Dan Snyder is on his way out

purplemonster

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/if-washington-commanders-owner-dan-snyder-is-waving-a-white-flag-to-the-nfl-why-now-061912595.html

I haven't followed this super closely but it is hard to avoid. The walls seem to be crumbling mightily on Snyder. The horrible public reputation, the growing congressional investigations, and the inability to ever get a new stadium means the end seems to be nigh. 

Edited by purplemonster

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

He very well may but I think they will force his hand eventually. 

If they push too hard, it's going to end up in litigation and will tied up in courts for the next decade.  They need to give him the Robert Sarver treatment.  He needs to be gently coaxed to let go on his own.

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

If they push too hard, it's going to end up in litigation and will tied up in courts for the next decade.  They need to give him the Robert Sarver treatment.  He needs to be gently coaxed to let go on his own.

I thought it was in their bylaws that if a majority of owners or some other  % vote to remove somebody that they can they can. Of course you can contest everything these days so I don't doubt that you're correct he would sue if he wanted to

Edited by purplemonster

25 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Jay Z is interesting in purchasing the team. Ironically he's the guy who made millions calling women bitches, hoes and using the N word every other word. The NFL will embrace him with open arms. 

Let's hope that double standard doesn't exist to this extreme.  That would not be a good look for the league at all.

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Jay Z is interesting in purchasing the team. Ironically he's the guy who made millions calling women bitches, hoes and using the N word every other word. The NFL will embrace him with open arms. 

I know Jay Z has a ton $$$, but I don't know if he has Daniel Snyder or Jerry Jones type bank or really any other NFL owner. I suppose he could get the money together to purchase the team, Maybe if he goes in with Beyonce.  I hope not though. 

Just looked it up and Jay Z has a Net Worth of 1.3 Billion and compared to Daniel Snyder that is several Billions less . Snyder's Net Worth is 4.9 Billion. Jerry Jones Net Worth is 15.9 Billion, so Jay Z is poor compared to Mr. Jones. :)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From what I'm reading NFL owners will get updates on this later in May and vote on the new owners in the coming months. After all the headaches with Snyder and I suspect some thorough vetting of potential owners making bids by the NFL this is likely to be approved soon. 

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Big John said:

Owners approve sale today and then fine Snyder $60M for misconduct.

LOL, force him to sell the team and then take a cut of the sale. I don't know whether to applaud the NFL here because they added the insult to injury or hate them more because the only reason they really did it is because they are greedy bastards.

• Like 2

Too funny, that $60M fine a about $2 million per NFL team. I am sure it is just a coincidence that the sale was approved the same day the investigation was finalized and the fine announced.

I wonder if Snyder is unhappy, he paid about $800 million for the team when he bought it in 1999, the purchase price is 7.5 times that, or a 650% profit isn't bad.  

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Too funny, that $60M fine a about $2 million per NFL team. I am sure it is just a coincidence that the sale was approved the same day the investigation was finalized and the fine announced.

I wonder if Snyder is unhappy, he paid about $800 million for the team when he bought it in 1999, the purchase price is 7.5 times that, or a 650% profit isn't bad.  

Of course he's unhappy. His ego is way more valuable to him than any dollar amount. 

4 minutes ago, DMD said:

Wow.

The Commanders may end up changing their name again.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2023/5/26/23738642/washington-commanders-name-trademark-uspto

And there are fans who want to rename it just to wash away the Snyder years.

Honestly I've heard a lot of people mention how "Washington Football Team" grew on them and they'd prefer to go back to that, and I'm one of them.

54 minutes ago, tdybaz said:

Honestly I've heard a lot of people mention how "Washington Football Team" grew on them and they'd prefer to go back to that, and I'm one of them.

Make it the Washington Team of Football and we're all on board, 

here we go  WTF here we go!

From the linked article  😁

To be honest, there seems to be a leg to stand on here, because I don’t think many football fans would honestly confuse the two entities — but this is a federal government agency, and logic isn’t always a strong suit.

Edited by stevegrab

21 hours ago, rajncajn said:

LOL, force him to sell the team and then take a cut of the sale. I don't know whether to applaud the NFL here because they added the insult to injury or hate them more because the only reason they really did it is because they are greedy bastards.

Is that what they did? Damn, I almost have to shake the NFL's hand on that one. Savvy bastards 

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

It was weird. It sounded like the most ridiculous name I'd ever heard, and by the end I kind of liked it 

Right? At first it was stupid as hell like a JV team name... but after awhile it just fit and had its own kind of cool.