[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tua is in concussion protocol again

Big John

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

He's got an egg shell head. That's a lot of concussions over a short period of time for such a young man. Eric Lindros was the same back in the day. It got so bad that he'd get concussed on normal checks. 

If they accounted foe concussions back then the way they do now, he probably would have suffered way more than 8

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dcat said:

ok. This kid is now risking his life-long health on football.  He needs a long time off before being allowed to even practice again. 

From all accounts, he's a great kid.  I don't want to see his life ruined for this silly sport. 

I get it and I’m for it too for sure… but man I had probably at least 20 concussions throughout high school and college in football and baseball that I know of but probably double that at least… it was back when they said rub some dirt on it kid and get back in there. I never missed a game let alone a play and to this day I can’t remember a handful of games till the end. Yes I do feel it as I get older I’m 48 now but manure it does seem to be way more prevalent in this day and age! I know CTE and not knowing all this stuff but I ain’t doing weird $hit and killing my self over a crazy brain thing. I think it’s far and few between that we hear about these things but there’s 10’s of 1000’s of players through the years just like me who have had multiple head injuries that are ok… it’s just the few you hear about that  makes the game be pussified to where we’ve gotten. These grown men know what they’ve signed up for and are willing to take that risk for the love of the game. They would have to drag my ass off the field even to this day unless I was dieing! Just my :2cents: 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

These grown men know what they’ve signed up for and are willing to take that risk for the love of the game.  

And alot of money

18 hours ago, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

it was back when they said rub some dirt on it kid and get back in there. I never missed a game let alone a play and to this day I can’t remember a handful of games till the end. 

I was a catcher for 15 years back when runners were allowed to steamroll the catcher.  I'm glad they didn't keep track of how many times I probably suffered a concussion.   I remember feeling like Rocky vs Drago and saying to my coach I see my pitcher throwing 3 balls and he said, catch the one in the middle.  

• Haha 2

On 12/28/2022 at 12:19 AM, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

I get it and I’m for it too for sure… but man I had probably at least 20 concussions throughout high school and college in football and baseball that I know of but probably double that at least… it was back when they said rub some dirt on it kid and get back in there. I never missed a game let alone a play and to this day I can’t remember a handful of games till the end. Yes I do feel it as I get older I’m 48 now but manure it does seem to be way more prevalent in this day and age! I know CTE and not knowing all this stuff but I ain’t doing weird $hit and killing my self over a crazy brain thing. I think it’s far and few between that we hear about these things but there’s 10’s of 1000’s of players through the years just like me who have had multiple head injuries that are ok… it’s just the few you hear about that  makes the game be pussified to where we’ve gotten. These grown men know what they’ve signed up for and are willing to take that risk for the love of the game. They would have to drag my ass off the field even to this day unless I was dieing! Just my :2cents: 

Honestly the opinions being expressed that he should retire immediately (we heard the same after his initial incident with the concussion), from people with little if any medical training and no evaluation of the patient is all garbage and a massive overreaction.

Trying to make the game more safe is not pussifying it, that's just your inner jock talking. Players from the 70s think the game 30 or more years later was too soft, and players from the 20-30s would say the same about the 70s. Generational stuff, same as people criticizing new music, hair styles or how people dress. 

16 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Trying to make the game more safe is not pussifying it, that's just your inner jock talking. Players from the 70s think the game 30 or more years later was too soft, and players from the 20-30s would say the same about the 70s. Generational stuff, same as people criticizing new music, hair styles or how people dress. 

I agree, it's annoying for the fans, especially us fantasy people but it's something that has to be addressed. 

The full effects of CTE doesn't show up until later in life which is part of the reason why so many soldiers come home messed up. If you served in combat you've had concussions, perhaps hundreds from munitions. They are never diagnosed and you're thrown right back into the field. It's very sad. 

Tua is a very young man with his whole life ahead of him. He shouldn't care what management or any of us think. Tua needs to do what's best for Tua. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

And alot of money

I was a catcher for 15 years back when runners were allowed to steamroll the catcher.  I'm glad they didn't keep track of how many times I probably suffered a concussion.   I remember feeling like Rocky vs Drago and saying to my coach I see my pitcher throwing 3 balls and he said, catch the one in the middle.  

Haha! I hear you that sounds familiar 😂